Cruising Mates Forum: Cruise reviews, chat, answers and information. cruisingmates.co.uk • View topic - It's a Gift!

It's a Gift!

An area for quizzes, games and chat.

It's a Gift!

Postby JollyJill » 13 Jul 2015 10:24

A couple of years ago I decided to buy a portable device to take on cruises with me so that I could keep in touch with the forum and my family & Friends.
As I didn't want a tablet, being so used to a laptop, I bought a Netbook.

At the time, I thought it was great, especially on our Viking river cruise when I had free wi-fi.

However, it is a tad slow and so I have upgraded to an Acer Aspire.

The Netbook is not worth selling as you can buy them on ebay for under £20.

On that basis, if anyone wants it, I will happily send it to you. It is still in excellent condition and comes with the box.

If nobody on this forum wants it, I will give to someone via a local community website.

36 cruises on 26 ships.

JollyJill
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

National Flag:
United Kingdom

It's a Gift!

Postby Dave » 13 Jul 2015 14:41

That's extremely generous of you Jill. I hope someone takes you up on your kind offer - and maybe even uses it for a live blog. :)
Dave
Booked cruise: Marella Explorer - Caribbean, Christmas 2018
Booked walking holidays: Easter: Cotswolds; Summer: Kintyre & Islay
Dave
Mutineer
Mutineer

National Flag:
United Kingdom

It's a Gift!

Postby JollyJill » 13 Jul 2015 15:05

Dave wrote:That's extremely generous of you Jill. I hope someone takes you up on your kind offer - and maybe even uses it for a live blog. :)

Someone has asked for it but whether or not they do a live blog is another question. ;)

36 cruises on 26 ships.

JollyJill
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

National Flag:
United Kingdom

It's a Gift!

Postby Gillzajoker » 13 Jul 2015 15:33

If no-one else asks, I would really appreciate it. But as I live in Spain obviously I would pay transport costs. I've only got my old desktop (which I am quite content with) and a very basic mobile phone, so when I wanted to keep in touch with OH whilst cruisig, I'd have to find an internet cafe. Unfortunately because of advanced security measures, I can no longer access my account, as Hotmail wants to send a security code to my Yahoo account, and Yahoo want to send a security code to my Hotmail account, so I'm left 'pig in the midde'!. I am reluctant to buy an expensive device which would only ever be used for 2 or 3 weeks on a cruise, and sit in it's box the rest of the year. :D
Gillzajoker
Admiral
Admiral

National Flag:
Spain

It's a Gift!

Postby JollyJill » 13 Jul 2015 15:51

Gillzajoker wrote:If no-one else asks, I would really appreciate it. But as I live in Spain obviously I would pay transport costs. I've only got my old desktop (which I am quite content with) and a very basic mobile phone, so when I wanted to keep in touch with OH whilst cruisig, I'd have to find an internet cafe. Unfortunately because of advanced security measures, I can no longer access my account, as Hotmail wants to send a security code to my Yahoo account, and Yahoo want to send a security code to my Hotmail account, so I'm left 'pig in the midde'!. I am reluctant to buy an expensive device which would only ever be used for 2 or 3 weeks on a cruise, and sit in it's box the rest of the year. :D

Sorry Gill but someone else pipped you to the post. ;)

36 cruises on 26 ships.

JollyJill
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Re: It's a Gift!

Postby tomvet » 13 Jul 2015 18:21

I would have asked but I would have left myself open to torrents of abuse elsewhere by appearing as a tightwad! :roll: :lol:
October 18 - MSC Opera - Marseille - Mahon - Cagliari - Valetta - Messina - Naples - Genoa
December 18 - A-ROSA Aqua - Cologne - Mannheim - Kehl (Strasbourg) - Mainz - Cologne
October 19 - A-ROSA Luna - Lyon- Viviers - Arles - Avignon - Vienne - Lyon
tomvet
Admiral
Admiral

National Flag:
Ireland

Re: It's a Gift!

Postby JollyJill » 13 Jul 2015 18:24

tomvet wrote:I would have asked but I would have left myself open to torrents of abuse elsewhere by appearing as a tightwad! :roll: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

36 cruises on 26 ships.

JollyJill
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

National Flag:
United Kingdom

It's a Gift!

Postby Gillzajoker » 14 Jul 2015 15:15

JollyJill wrote:
Gillzajoker wrote:If no-one else asks, I would really appreciate it. But as I live in Spain obviously I would pay transport costs. I've only got my old desktop (which I am quite content with) and a very basic mobile phone, so when I wanted to keep in touch with OH whilst cruisig, I'd have to find an internet cafe. Unfortunately because of advanced security measures, I can no longer access my account, as Hotmail wants to send a security code to my Yahoo account, and Yahoo want to send a security code to my Hotmail account, so I'm left 'pig in the midde'!. I am reluctant to buy an expensive device which would only ever be used for 2 or 3 weeks on a cruise, and sit in it's box the rest of the year. :D

Sorry Gill but someone else pipped you to the post. ;)

That'll teach me to log in at the crack of dawn, just in case :lol: :lol: :lol:
Gillzajoker
Admiral
Admiral

National Flag:
Spain