Cruising Mates Forum: Cruise reviews, chat, answers and information. cruisingmates.co.uk • View topic - Late to the Party

Late to the Party

An area for quizzes, games and chat.

Late to the Party

Postby Plunky » 17 Dec 2016 11:56

As I was on the X5 bus passing through some familiar and nostalgic territory yesterday, including Lee-on-the-Solent, I couldn’t help thinking about one of its infamous residents. Imagine my surprise when I returned home to be told by JollyJill that he had just been stripped of a blogging award he had won recently. Apparently the award’s donor had been alerted by someone (we were not responsible this time) and did not want to be associated with the vile contents of his personal blog. We were a little late ploughing through the latest ordure in that blog as it’s not high on our list of priorities, but I wonder if he has been able to work out who blew the whistle. There are so many to choose from after all! At least we were not too late to join in the celebrations.
Plunky
Stowaway
Stowaway

Late to the Party

Postby Gillzajoker » 17 Dec 2016 12:17

Plunky wrote:As I was on the X5 bus passing through some familiar and nostalgic territory yesterday, including Lee-on-the-Solent, I couldn’t help thinking about one of its infamous residents. Imagine my surprise when I returned home to be told by JollyJill that he had just been stripped of a blogging award he had won recently. Apparently the award’s donor had been alerted by someone (we were not responsible this time) and did not want to be associated with the vile contents of his personal blog. We were a little late ploughing through the latest ordure in that blog as it’s not high on our list of priorities, but I wonder if he has been able to work out who blew the whistle. There are so many to choose from after all! At least we were not too late to join in the celebrations.

Good news, Plunky - and whoever it was - Cheers! :D :D :D
Gillzajoker
Admiral
Admiral

National Flag:
Spain

Late to the Party

Postby Dave » 17 Dec 2016 12:30

:lol: Well, it certainly wasn't me! Come next March it'll be two years since I last read anything that he's written anywhere. An award? What on earth for? Plagiarism and bile? :think:
Dave
Booked cruise: Marella Explorer - Caribbean, Christmas 2018
Booked walking holidays: Easter: Cotswolds; Summer: Kintyre & Islay
Dave
Mutineer
Mutineer

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Late to the Party

Postby Jimmy the One » 17 Dec 2016 15:31

It wasn't me but....... :clap: :clap: to whoever did :thumbup:
Im just a soul whose intentions are good Oh lord please dont let me be misunderstood

Jimmy the One
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

National Flag:
Scotland

Late to the Party

Postby adogap » 17 Dec 2016 15:39

Really no surprise he is recognised as being totally odious.

Chris
Baltic Cities, Balmoral, June 2018
adogap
Commodore
Commodore

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Late to the Party

Postby grannyM » 18 Dec 2016 16:34

adogap wrote:Really no surprisehe is recognised as being totally odious.

Chris

Pity it took so long Chris. :evil: Better late than never I suppose. :clap:
Marie
grannyM
Admiral
Admiral

National Flag:
Scotland

Re: Late to the Party

Postby tomvet » 21 Dec 2016 20:16

The sooner that diatribe and excuse of a blog is shut down the better for society! What a tw*t!

I've edited the word Tom as some sensitive folks may be upset by it.

Pete
October 18 - MSC Opera - Marseille - Mahon - Cagliari - Valetta - Messina - Naples - Genoa
December 18 - A-ROSA Aqua - Cologne - Mannheim - Kehl (Strasbourg) - Mainz - Cologne
October 19 - A-ROSA Luna - Lyon- Viviers - Arles - Avignon - Vienne - Lyon
tomvet
Admiral
Admiral

National Flag:
Ireland

Late to the Party

Postby octocruiser » 22 Dec 2016 21:50

Gillzajoker wrote:
Plunky wrote:As I was on the X5 bus passing through some familiar and nostalgic territory yesterday, including Lee-on-the-Solent, I couldn’t help thinking about one of its infamous residents. Imagine my surprise when I returned home to be told by JollyJill that he had just been stripped of a blogging award he had won recently. Apparently the award’s donor had been alerted by someone (we were not responsible this time) and did not want to be associated with the vile contents of his personal blog. We were a little late ploughing through the latest ordure in that blog as it’s not high on our list of priorities, but I wonder if he has been able to work out who blew the whistle. There are so many to choose from after all! At least we were not too late to join in the celebrations.

Good news, Plunky - and whoever it was - Cheers! :D :D :D

Well done that man - or woman! I had seen him crowing about some reward or other and idly wondered what paltry outfit woud be stupid enough not to see through his rubbish and give him some sort of meaningless award. Quite honestly I was not sufficiently interested to follow it up.

His bilge really is the offensive output of a twisted mind . At least a step in the right direction for someone to have taken the troube to pop his smug litte bubble.
octocruiser
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

National Flag:
England

Postby Meg50 » 23 Dec 2016 08:57

problem is, that although some one had bravely reported him ( t'weren't me) he's still showing the award medallion.

It's easy to download, so I thought I'd have one too - until he removes his!

Cruise-50-transparent_1000px.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Meg
Meg50
Commodore
Commodore

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby octocruiser » 23 Dec 2016 15:07

Meg50 wrote:problem is, that although some one had bravely reported him ( t'weren't me) he's still showing the award medallion.

It's easy to download, so I thought I'd have one too - until he removes his!

Cruise-50-transparent_1000px.png

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well done, Meg. Must say your 'blog' is more interesting by far.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
octocruiser
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

National Flag:
England

Next