Cruising Mates Forum: Cruise reviews, chat, answers and information. cruisingmates.co.uk • View topic - Guess what I have just tried for the first time ever :)

Guess what I have just tried for the first time ever :)

If you can't decide where a new topic should go, then put it here.

Postby Camela » 18 May 2017 23:33

Mussels love them! in garlic and white wine with lovely bread or in Belgium, Moules Frites. Big pot of them with fries...yum.
"Won't you let me take you on a sea cruise"
Camela
Captain
Captain

National Flag:
England

Postby judgegeoff » 19 May 2017 00:11

Moules frites - one of my favourites, especially when accompanied with freshly baked rustic bread and a crisp white wine. Mmmmmm!
Geoff

Cruises Booked

"Quantum of the Seas" - China & Japan - Autumn 2018
judgegeoff
Powder Monkey
Powder Monkey

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby Gillzajoker » 19 May 2017 12:31

I see I am being maligned again (what's the usual payout for libel these days?) :lol:

If it is Tomvet Gill, I'd hold out for 3 cows, a pig and 2 lambs! :lol:

Our Gill is not into terrestrial animals, her affection for the aquatic species is more than well documented!

Thanks for the advice, Geoff! :lol: Don't deny that, Tom (although always in a ladylike way - and in the presence of 'witnesses' - which makes me a good girl!) , so just watch it! :evil: :lol:
Gillzajoker
Admiral
Admiral

National Flag:
Spain

Postby Trace » 19 May 2017 18:22

Camela wrote:Mussels love them! in garlic and white wine with lovely bread or in Belgium, Moules Frites. Big pot of them with fries...yum.

They are what my hubby always loves as a starter... I love the sauce and dip some of his bread in it, but just can't bring myself to chew and swallow a mussel.
Tracey :-)
Trace
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby Trace » 19 May 2017 18:24

avidcruiser wrote:Despite living on the coast the only sea food that I enjoy is one with fins, Trace. Nothing that comes in shells and let alone can only be enjoyed for a few months of the year!!!

Ever tried Sewin? Don't worry it has fins and doesn't live in a shell, BUT, is only available for a short season!!!! It's delicious. :)

Never heard of Sewin, is it like haddock?

The best fish we have ever had, including mussels for hubby. was on two land based holidays in Jersey. We returned both years to two of the amazing restaurants there, at St Helier. Wonderful :thumbup:
Trace
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby Trace » 19 May 2017 18:35

Thanks for the advice, Geoff! :lol: Don't deny that, Tom (although always in a ladylike way - and in the presence of 'witnesses' - which makes me a good girl!) , so just watch it! :evil: :lol:[/quote]

:lol: :lol:
Trace
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby tomvet » 19 May 2017 20:16

Gillzajoker wrote:I see I am being maligned again (what's the usual payout for libel these days?) :lol:

If it is Tomvet Gill, I'd hold out for 3 cows, a pig and 2 lambs! :lol:[/quote]

Our Gill is not into terrestrial animals, her affection for the aquatic species is more than well documented![/quote]

Thanks for the advice, Geoff! :lol: Don't deny that, Tom (although always in a ladylike way - and in the presence of 'witnesses' - which makes me a good girl!) , so just watch it! :evil: :lol:[/quote]

Witnesses? Is that what you call the partakers of your or****?

November 2017 - Phoenix Reisen M/S Aurelia - Cologne - Bonn - Cochem - Koblenz - Rudesheim - Frankfurt - Mainz - Cologne
April 2018 - Phoenix Reisen M/S Asara - Cologne - Amsterdam - Ijsselmeer - Hoorn - Rotterdam - Gorinchem - Arnheim - Cologne
October 18 - MSC Opera - Marseille - Mahon - Cagliari - Valetta - Messina - Naples - Genoa
tomvet
Admiral
Admiral

National Flag:
Ireland

Postby avidcruiser » 19 May 2017 23:24

Trace wrote:
avidcruiser wrote:Despite living on the coast the only sea food that I enjoy is one with fins, Trace. Nothing that comes in shells and let alone can only be enjoyed for a few months of the year!!!

Ever tried Sewin? Don't worry it has fins and doesn't live in a shell, BUT, is only available for a short season!!!! It's delicious. :)

The best fish we have ever had, including mussels for hubby. was on two land based holidays in Jersey. We returned both years to two of the amazing restaurants there, at St Helier. Wonderful :thumbup:

It's a sea trout Trace. A light pink coloured flesh when cooked and with a more subtle and delicate flavour than salmon. Delicious!! It's available around here, if you know how, ;) sometimes on the local market fish stall as well, but much less available than years ago when a parcel, wrapped in brown paper, used to land on my MIL's doorstep. :o from a certain source of hers.
All my posts and photos are COPYRIGHTED!!

"I have a little shadow that goes in and out with me!"
KEEP CALM AND CRUISE ON

avidcruiser
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

National Flag:
Wales

Postby tomvet » 20 May 2017 10:08

avidcruiser wrote:
Trace wrote:

It's a sea trout Trace. A light pink coloured flesh when cooked and with a more subtle and delicate flavour than salmon. Delicious!! It's available around here, if you know how, ;) sometimes on the local market fish stall as well, but much less available than years ago when a parcel, wrapped in brown paper, used to land on my MIL's doorstep. :o from a certain source of hers.

Good grief Avid, are you suggesting it may have been poached in more ways than one!

November 2017 - Phoenix Reisen M/S Aurelia - Cologne - Bonn - Cochem - Koblenz - Rudesheim - Frankfurt - Mainz - Cologne
April 2018 - Phoenix Reisen M/S Asara - Cologne - Amsterdam - Ijsselmeer - Hoorn - Rotterdam - Gorinchem - Arnheim - Cologne
October 18 - MSC Opera - Marseille - Mahon - Cagliari - Valetta - Messina - Naples - Genoa
tomvet
Admiral
Admiral

National Flag:
Ireland

Postby Gillzajoker » 21 May 2017 11:40

According to family tales, and a long, long time ago when times were hard, my grandfather was a gamekeeper and apart from the odd game bird (no, not me, Tom!) I heard that swan was once 'on the menu'!
Gillzajoker
Admiral
Admiral

National Flag:
Spain

PreviousNext