Cruising Mates Forum: Cruise reviews, chat, answers and information. cruisingmates.co.uk • View topic - Discount codes for Marella?

Discount codes for Marella?

Postby Lady W » 08 Jul 2018 10:35

Anyone know where I could get one of these 'magical discount codes' please?
I'm trying to convince his lordship would be good to go for a fortnight's cruise next year (big mistake going on a cruise n stay - wish I'd booked the full 2 weeks on the ship ;) but it is really expensive, especially as we want a balcony cabin. Could easily get two land holidays for the same price, so he may take some persuading :lol:
Any tips to get the best price? Thanks!
I was on Marella just the other day to get a rough price and within forty minutes a message had flashed up saying this price has just gone up by £165!!!!!! :evil:
Thought they might have given us a discount code before we left the ship, but they didn't.
Lady W
Junior Lieutenant
Junior Lieutenant

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby judgegeoff » 08 Jul 2018 11:07

Are you able to cruise at just a few week's notice? Chris and I have often had some real late booking bargains from just over £30 pppn (although that was in an inside cabin on Fred. Olsen's "Braemar"). We get a regular "Standby Cruises" email from www.cruise.co.uk that includes Marella cruises and covers all grades of cabins. You can still contact your favourite Travel Agents and see if they will be able to match the prices. If you require further notice of a cruise they also have discounted cruises with Marella for November and December of this year

We have also done quite a few 'back-to-back' cruises where the ship is going to different ports on the second cruise and we have been able to keep the same cabin, so no packing/unpacking between cruises. The cruise ship issues us with new Sea passes when going ashore on the last day of the first cruise, so that we return to the ship as if it was just a normal mid cruise port day, avoiding the check-in queues. The only (very minor) disadvantage is that you will have to attend a safety briefing and lifeboat drill for EACH cruise.

But, as ever, never discuss cruise prices when on the ship, it can start a lot of distress!!!
Geoff

Cruises Booked

Nothing yet but looking.
judgegeoff
Powder Monkey
Powder Monkey

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Re: Discount codes for Marella?

Postby Lady W » 08 Jul 2018 11:30

Thanks for the reply Geoff.
Yes, we can go at short notice, but because we live in Northern Ireland there is little choice flying from Belfast (supposedly International airport) which we would prefer to do.
I had thought about going out of London/Glasgow etc but it makes it too complicated/tiring and probably would work out a lot more expensive anyway as we would have to go a day or two before and check in to a hotel.
Think we'd prefer to fly to Spain etc rather than start off in the UK (i.e. Southampton etc).
Will have a look at www.cruise.co.uk and sign up for their emails.
Lady W
Junior Lieutenant
Junior Lieutenant

National Flag:
United Kingdom