Cruising Mates Forum: Cruise reviews, chat, answers and information. cruisingmates.co.uk • View topic - Windows 10 (warning!)

Windows 10 (warning!)

Windows 10 (warning!)

Postby Jimmy the One » 02 Dec 2015 10:08

Only a minor couple of niggles with Windows 10 so far lightning fast boot up and shut down compared to Windows 7 and far more user friendly if you are upgrading from Windows 7 :thumbup:
Im just a soul whose intentions are good Oh lord please dont let me be misunderstood

Jimmy the One
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

National Flag:
Scotland

Windows 10 (warning!)

Postby JollyJill » 02 Dec 2015 11:59

Jimmy the One wrote:Only a minor couple of niggles with Windows 10 so far lightning fast boot up and shut down compared to Windows 7 and far more user friendly if you are upgrading from Windows 7 :thumbup:

I have found the same Jim but like maybe our computer requirements are less complicated than others. ;)

36 cruises on 26 ships.

JollyJill
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Windows 10 (warning!)

Postby Jimmy the One » 03 Dec 2015 12:04

:thumbup:
JollyJill wrote:
Jimmy the One wrote:Only a minor couple of niggles with Windows 10 so far lightning fast boot up and shut down compared to Windows 7 and far more user friendly if you are upgrading from Windows 7 :thumbup:

I have found the same Jim but like maybe our computer requirements are less complicated than others. ;)
I run a lot of non Microsoft software for my main hobby which I wont divulge on the main forum ;)
I was worried that some would not run properly but no problems so far :thumbup:
Im just a soul whose intentions are good Oh lord please dont let me be misunderstood

Jimmy the One
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

National Flag:
Scotland

Windows 10 (warning!)

Postby Jimmy the One » 03 Dec 2015 12:05

Oops was that A Windows 10 flaw :lol:

Jimmy the One
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

National Flag:
Scotland

Re: Windows 10 (warning!)

Postby andynew » 04 Dec 2015 08:30

Had no problem installing W10 (apart from losing all my security) but decided to switch back. All my work computers, laptops and equipment uses older versions of windows and it is far easier to remember all the tricks, setting and where to find stuff on one OS rather than switching back and forth depending where I am.
andynew
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Previous

Return to Techie Q&As