Cruising Mates Forum: Cruise reviews, chat, answers and information. cruisingmates.co.uk • View topic - Stickies

Stickies

Stickies

Postby khkate » 13 Feb 2016 11:06

This is not really a techie question, but not quite sure where else to put it. I know there were a couple of posts started, that were hints and tips for first-time cruisers - one was for the Cruise Select thread and one was started by bobbyoscar.

As the forum does get a lot of new members who are heading off on their first cruise, is there no way of highlighting and "sticky"ing these posts so that they have some prominence and can be easily located by those who would be looking to the forum for some advice on what to expect.
Future Cruises - Baltics, Canaries Canada, Med, Scandinavia
khkate
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Stickies

Postby arkangel » 13 Feb 2016 11:41

khkate wrote:This is not really a techie question, but not quite sure where else to put it. I know there were a couple of posts started, that were hints and tips for first-time cruisers - one was for the Cruise Select thread and one was started by bobbyoscar.

As the forum does get a lot of new members who are heading off on their first cruise, is there no way of highlighting and "sticky"ing these posts so that they have some prominence and can be easily located by those who would be looking to the forum for some advice on what to expect.

Hi Kate

I do take your point, but the problem is that only the administrator can make posts 'sticky' - in other words it would be a job for me alone to do. (I've done this kind of thing quite a lot in the past, mainly in areas like How to Use the Forum to highlight topics about posting photos and videos, etc.) It's easy to decide whether to highlight a topic that I think is important, but less so to highlight a topic that someone else thinks is important! Having said that, I'll see what I can do when I have some time...
(Dave)
arkangel
Administrator
Administrator

National Flag:
United Nations

Return to Techie Q&As