Cruising Mates Forum: Cruise reviews, chat, answers and information. cruisingmates.co.uk • View topic - Windows 10 2016

Windows 10 2016

Windows 10 2016

Postby divingbrit » 26 May 2016 11:38

back up routine as I cannot find the history under the W10 set up.

From the start button - Settings- update & security - Backup - more options :wave:
Scuba diving is not a Sport its an Art
divingbrit
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Windows 10 2016

Postby octocruiser » 26 May 2016 12:18

divingbrit wrote:
back up routine as I cannot find the history under the W10 set up.

From the start button - Settings- update & security - Backup - more options :wave:

Thanks for that . It says that my last back up was done on 15/5/2016 at 12.27 and appears to show that it is on tne default of hourly back ups.

I have found this before but my back up was set to be done every Sunday evening to a Seagate expansion drive. When I got a reminder that the external memory was nearly full on the old system I could go into settings and find the back up history and delete the earlier copies to create spare space.

I have gone into 'Looking for an older backup' , but it is giving me the same info as above and I cannot find a list of back ups as I used to before.

This is what I meant by not being able to find my back up history.
octocruiser
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

National Flag:
England

Windows 10 2016

Postby sparkiethecruiser » 26 May 2016 18:44

i have windows 10 as I updated before I read the problems people where experiencing apart from the new Microsoft edge browser I have so far touch wood had no problems with windows 10.

I actually quite like it never particularly liked 8 initially but once I got used to it was fine but I hated the tablet look :lol:
sparkiethecruiser
Captain
Captain

Windows 10 2016

Postby grannyM » 27 May 2016 11:30

sparkiethecruiser wrote:i have windows 10 as I updated before I read the problems people where experiencing apart from the new Microsoft edge browser I have so far touch wood had no problems with windows 10.

I actually quite like it never particularly liked 8 initially but once I got used to it was fine but I hated the tablet look :lol:

Exactly the same here Donna. I can't say I'm in love with Windows 10 but I do like the speed. I didn't like Windows 8 and have to agree with Dave - Windows 7 was my favourite. :)
Marie
grannyM
Admiral
Admiral

National Flag:
Scotland

Windows 10 2016

Postby Peka » 27 May 2016 20:36

One of my dad's computers seemed to automatically upgrade the other night last week. He has slowly been migrating over to 10 on the computers but this one decided to go ahead and do itself! Now he wants me to go back to that computer and start over and give it clean install and install new software too. :roll:
Peka
8 trips ¦ 5 ships ¦ 53 ports
Booked: Adriatic
Peka
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

National Flag:
Faroe Islands

Re: Windows 10 2016

Postby sevenseascoaster » 30 May 2016 20:31

Still undecided, have Windows 7 still, despite continually being asked to upgrade. I presume there will come a date when you have too and Windows 7 retired?
Wen

Tried 19 different Ships and many many cruises, and hopefully more to come!
I haven't been everywhere, but its on my list!
sevenseascoaster
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

National Flag:
England

Windows 10 2016

Postby Jimmy the One » 31 May 2016 11:33

I too was a fan of windows 7 but did the upgrade to 10 a while ago and it works well .I was at first dubious if it would run all the software for my main hobby but no problem and it boots and shuts down fast.When I did the upgrade my old desktop came up just like it was in windows 7 which I didn't expect so right from the start felt familiar.I think the free upgrades finish in August but I stand to be corrected.Don't be afraid to upgrade :D
Im just a soul whose intentions are good Oh lord please dont let me be misunderstood

Jimmy the One
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

National Flag:
Scotland

Postby Borneo » 31 May 2016 13:04

sevenseascoaster wrote:Still undecided, have Windows 7 still, despite continually being asked to upgrade. I presume there will come a date when you have too and Windows 7 retired?

Yes I was Windows 7 and got on really well, my desk top was only about 12 months old. I'd asked to have 7 put on .

W 10 , didn't take long to download and the only problem was had to sign in to my email ( I'd forgotten the pass word ) used it a few times it seems the same, but I don't want all this about apps, and the thing you can ask questions to!!!
And things that were my favourites I don't seem to be able to find easily.
Why oh why do they feel the need to change!!
Borneo
Captain
Captain

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby octocruiser » 31 May 2016 13:15

Borneo wrote:
sevenseascoaster wrote:Still undecided, have Windows 7 still, despite continually being asked to upgrade. I presume there will come a date when you have too and Windows 7 retired?

Yes I was Windows 7 and got on really well, my desk top was only about 12 months old. I'd asked to have 7 put on .

W 10 , didn't take long to download and the only problem was had to sign in to my email ( I'd forgotten the pass word ) used it a few times it seems the same, but I don't want all this about apps, and the thing you can ask questions to!!!

And why do they feel the need to put up dreary whole screen pics every time the PC has been idle for a while. ? It keeps asking do I like them and I keep responding Not a Fan ! But they still keep coming. It's an unnecessary waste of time when you want to access the PC. It took a while to work out how to clear the screen when they came up :?:

I kept my Windows Live Mail but from time to time it and one or two other functions refuse to open and the only way round it that I can find is to close down and reopen.
octocruiser
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

National Flag:
England

Postby Jimmy the One » 31 May 2016 13:43

octocruiser wrote:
Borneo wrote:

And why do they feel the need to put up dreary whole screen pics every time the PC has been idle for a while. ? It keeps asking do I like them and I keep responding Not a Fan ! But they still keep coming. It's an unnecessary waste of time when you want to access the PC. It took a while to work out how to clear the screen when they came up :?:

I kept my Windows Live Mail but from time to time it and one or two other functions refuse to open and the only way round it that I can find is to close down and reopen.

That sounds like you have another app running which is doing that all I get is the windows 10 logo :thumbup:
Im just a soul whose intentions are good Oh lord please dont let me be misunderstood

Jimmy the One
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

National Flag:
Scotland

PreviousNext

Return to Techie Q&As