Cruising Mates Forum: Cruise reviews, chat, answers and information. cruisingmates.co.uk • View topic - log in every time I access forum page

Postby Marrob 33 » 02 Feb 2018 14:42

Recently I find that although I have Cruising Mates bookmarked, I have to enter my username and password every time I access your pages.

I used to find an icon for my most used sites below my Google Task bar, but not any more. Can anyone tell me why it might be, please?
Marrob 33
Marrob 33
Commodore
Commodore

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby Dave » 02 Feb 2018 18:01

Marrob 33 wrote:Recently I find that although I have Cruising Mates bookmarked, I have to enter my username and password every time I access your pages.

I used to find an icon for my most used sites below my Google Task bar, but not any more. Can anyone tell me why it might be, please?
Marrob 33

I never needed to log on until recently. I'm not sure of the reason but things changed after a Firefox update and now I need to log on once a day. It only takes about two seconds though so I'm not that bothered.
Dave
Booked cruise: Marella Explorer - Caribbean, Christmas 2018
Booked walking holidays: Easter: Cotswolds; Summer: Kintyre & Islay
Dave
Mutineer
Mutineer

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby grannyM » 02 Feb 2018 18:50

Dave wrote:
Marrob 33 wrote:Recently I find that although I have Cruising Mates bookmarked, I have to enter my username and password every time I access your pages.

Marrob 33

I never needed to log on until recently. I'm not sure of the reason but things changed after a Firefox update and now I need to log on once a day. It only takes about two seconds though so I'm not that bothered.

I have always logged out so obviously need to login everyday even though I have CMs in my Bookmarks. I really don't mind doing that.

I also have my Firefox & Google accounts set to clear cookies after I close down the laptop so don't retain any usernames or passwords.
Marie
grannyM
Admiral
Admiral

National Flag:
Scotland

Re: log in every time I access forum page

Postby khkate » 03 Feb 2018 10:18

Marrob 33, I use Google. If you go into settings (usually an icon on the extreme right-hand side of the screen and make sure that the "show bookmarks bar" is turned ON, this should show your bookmarked pages as before.
Future Cruises - Baltics, Canaries Canada, Med, Scandinavia, UK
khkate
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Borneo » 03 Feb 2018 15:32

I use Safri when on the CM page, and I've signed and done password, I just tick the box that says keep me logged in. Never have any trouble .
Borneo
Captain
Captain

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby Marrob 33 » 04 Feb 2018 19:38

Thanks for so many replies, gratefully accepted. I didn't do anything, but since writing my query, it has reverted to the way it was, and I don't need to log in.
I'm sending a BIG thank you to my unknown "angel"!!
Marrob 33
Commodore
Commodore

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby sparkiethecruiser » 06 Feb 2018 17:47

Marrob 33 wrote:Thanks for so many replies, gratefully accepted. I didn't do anything, but since writing my query, it has reverted to the way it was, and I don't need to log in.
I'm sending a BIG thank you to my unknown "angel"!!

are you using google chrome if so its been a mare for the last two weeks but yesterday it appared to fix itself. SO if its google chrome your using as your browser chances are it was a browser issue. I swear i was ready for hitting something the other night it wouldn't go to true fullscreen i still had the tollbar which on a game i play meant that it was covering the chat box. I spent hours trying to fix it thinking it was something i had done and then realising that actually it was only happening in chrome.. Turns out it was a chrome problem then i remembered it had did update recently. It was okay next day but problem was that is one of the two recommended browser for that game and as i don't like edge you know it left a problem :lol:
sparkiethecruiser
Captain
Captain