Cruising Mates Forum: Cruise reviews, chat, answers and information. cruisingmates.co.uk • View topic - Kayaking

Kayaking

Kayaking

Postby sparkiethecruiser » 26 May 2017 00:23

Has anyone done this. Its something I quite fancy doing and have been seriously looking into for our next cruise.

Has anyone ever done this the one I'm looking at says for any ability from beginners. I am wondering about getting in and out the Kayak more than anything is this easy to do as knowing my luck I will fall in and get very wet those two would love that and I would be hearing about for next 20 years :lol:. We are all strong swimmers so no issues with that nephew has done it before and says its easy but he said that too me about ice skating and I remember clearly almost going on my bottom several times while doing that activity :lol:
sparkiethecruiser
Captain
Captain

Kayaking

Postby tomvet » 26 May 2017 02:46

sparkiethecruiser wrote:Has anyone done this. Its something I quite fancy doing and have been seriously looking into for our next cruise.

Has anyone ever done this the one I'm looking at says for any ability from beginners. I am wondering about getting in and out the Kayak more than anything is this easy to do as knowing my luck I will fall in and get very wet those two would love that and I would be hearing about for next 20 years :lol:. We are all strong swimmers so no issues with that nephew has done it before and says its easy but he said that too me about ice skating and I remember clearly almost going on my bottom several times while doing that activity :lol:

Certainly have! Twice! First in Sitka, Alaska and then in the Mangroves in Key West.

Took no photos in Key West as the camera was knew and I was afraid it would end in the H2O :roll:

The kayaks are very stable so - no worries!

November 2017 - Phoenix Reisen M/S Aurelia - Cologne - Bonn - Cochem - Koblenz - Rudesheim - Frankfurt - Mainz - Cologne
April 2018 - Phoenix Reisen M/S Asara - Cologne - Amsterdam - Ijsselmeer - Hoorn - Rotterdam - Gorinchem - Arnheim - Cologne
October 18 - MSC Opera - Marseille - Mahon - Cagliari - Valetta - Messina - Naples - Genoa
tomvet
Admiral
Admiral

National Flag:
Ireland

Kayaking

Postby sparkiethecruiser » 26 May 2017 17:20

thanks Tom having spoken to my niece its something she also fancies and her brother well you know being male he will do as he is told :lol:. So I think we will book it if I end up wet I end up wet :lol:
sparkiethecruiser
Captain
Captain

Kayaking

Postby divingbrit » 26 May 2017 17:28

Have done quite a bit, not difficult, even getting in!
Paddle across and behind the seat , hold onto paddle,slide in from the side, and you are in!
Getting out is just as easy.

Once in its as easy as riding a bike, in fact easier, because if you stop you don't fall in!
Scuba diving is not a Sport its an Art
divingbrit
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Kayaking

Postby sparkiethecruiser » 26 May 2017 17:41

divingbrit wrote:Have done quite a bit, not difficult, even getting in!
Paddle across and behind the seat , hold onto paddle,slide in from the side, and you are in!
Getting out is just as easy.

Once in its as easy as riding a bike, in fact easier, because if you stop you don't fall in!

btw I haven't ridden a bike for over 20 years and I am not sure I was that good at it although I only remember ever falling off once and that was long time ago. :lol: I have decided to bite the bullet as they and go for it what's a bit of water between friends hopefully the weather holds :lol:
sparkiethecruiser
Captain
Captain