Cruising Mates Forum: Cruise reviews, chat, answers and information. cruisingmates.co.uk • View topic - Stay Home Travel Later

Stay Home Travel Later

Tell us about where you've been and what you've seen.

Stay Home Travel Later

Postby hazel20 » 11 Apr 2020 11:21

On my Facebook page I am doing a project with the above title.

Each day I look at one of my lecture cruises.....there are 49 in total

I am sharing the link today as it covers my first trip to Greenland - where I met Dave and he invited me to join this forum. SInce that time I have met many of you and consider you to be my friends.

If you want to follow the project each day , then you need to like or follow the FB page.

https://www.facebook.com/hazeljgriffiths/posts/2871984542838858?notif_id=1586602698332278&notif_t=page_post_reaction
http://www.hazeljgriffiths.net

Future Lecture Cruises:
2020 - Balmoral - USA in the Fall - a minimal chance
2021 - 2 legs of Spirit of Discovery to South America
2021 - Coastlines of Croatia - Sept SofD
2021 - Canaries - Nov SofA
User avatar
hazel20
Commodore
Commodore
 
Posts: 2012
Joined: 15 Aug 2011 09:14
National Flag:
Wales

Re: Stay Home Travel Later

Postby Mungo » 11 Apr 2020 18:14

I would certainly visit Greenland again! Not had the pleasure of your company yet Hazel.......perhaps one day.
Iona July 2020
Arcadia December 2020
Britannia March 2021
Columbus May 2021
User avatar
Mungo
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
 
Posts: 7019
Joined: 28 Feb 2011 17:41

Re: Stay Home Travel Later

Postby Camela » 11 Apr 2020 21:30

Thank you for sharing this Hazel, I'll look in as I'm enjoying Geoff's virtual SA trip and cruise. I get emails from cruise lines and agents with similar content which is a relief from everyday events today. I see you are booked for Crystal Serenity in July, maybe unlikely at this time. That's a shame, we were on her last September and had a wonderful time.
"Won't you let me take you on a sea cruise"
User avatar
Camela
Commodore
Commodore
 
Posts: 1699
Joined: 09 Feb 2013 18:21
National Flag:
England

Stay Home Travel Later

Postby Gillzajoker » 12 Apr 2020 08:57

hazel20 wrote:On my Facebook page I am doing a project with the above title.

Each day I look at one of my lecture cruises.....there are 49 in total

I am sharing the link today as it covers my first trip to Greenland - where I met Dave and he invited me to join this forum. SInce that time I have met many of you and consider you to be my friends.

If you want to follow the project each day , then you need to like or follow the FB page.

https://www.facebook.com/hazeljgriffiths/posts/2871984542838858?notif_id=1586602698332278&notif_t=page_post_reaction


Thanks for the link, Hazel. I enjoyed and 'liked' Greenland, and look forward to seeing all the others in due course. :D
Image
User avatar
Gillzajoker
Admiral
Admiral
 
Posts: 17279
Joined: 03 Mar 2011 16:07
Location: Costa Almeria, Spain
National Flag:
Spain

Re: Stay Home Travel Later

Postby hazel20 » 12 Apr 2020 09:12

Camela wrote:Thank you for sharing this Hazel, I'll look in as I'm enjoying Geoff's virtual SA trip and cruise. I get emails from cruise lines and agents with similar content which is a relief from everyday events today. I see you are booked for Crystal Serenity in July, maybe unlikely at this time. That's a shame, we were on her last September and had a wonderful time.



Yes I am doubtful about Serenity in July - I sailed on her in 2015 so was looking forward to going back. Life is very strange at the moment, but we will be back!
http://www.hazeljgriffiths.net

Future Lecture Cruises:
2020 - Balmoral - USA in the Fall - a minimal chance
2021 - 2 legs of Spirit of Discovery to South America
2021 - Coastlines of Croatia - Sept SofD
2021 - Canaries - Nov SofA
User avatar
hazel20
Commodore
Commodore
 
Posts: 2012
Joined: 15 Aug 2011 09:14
National Flag:
Wales

Stay Home Travel Later

Postby grannyM » 13 Apr 2020 10:10

Thank you Hazel for sharing your 'Stay Home Travel later' FB posts.

I have enjoyed a quick look at some of them as despite being in lockdown with more time at home I honestly do not know where my day goes. I wake up with a full day ahead but between the opportunity for a 'deep clean' of my house (aim at one room a day not always happening), keeping up with 5 different family and friends social media groups, phone calls and facetime with grandchildren, attempting online shopping delivery slots, the occasional walk around the block the day has disappeared. :think:

I will now take some time on every post and have a proper read from the beginning. Thank you. :thumbup:
Marie
Image
User avatar
grannyM
Admiral
Admiral
 
Posts: 17707
Joined: 28 Feb 2011 11:22
Location: Ayrshire
National Flag:
Scotland

Stay Home Travel Later

Postby Dave » 13 Apr 2020 12:28

Excellent - thanks for that Hazel. :thumbup:

I think I must be in some of your photos, but it's hard to be sure. 8-)
Dave

Booked cruise 2019: December - Caribbean on Marella Explorer 2
Remaining land-based holidays 2019: July - Peak District, August - Harris and Highlands, October - Brecon Beacons
User avatar
Dave
Mutineer
Mutineer
 
Posts: 13370
Joined: 24 Feb 2011 15:25
Location: Whitstable
National Flag:
United Kingdom

Stay Home Travel Later

Postby grannyM » 17 Apr 2020 17:19

grannyM wrote:Thank you Hazel for sharing your 'Stay Home Travel later' FB posts.

I have enjoyed a quick look at some of them as despite being in lockdown with more time at home I honestly do not know where my day goes. I wake up with a full day ahead but between the opportunity for a 'deep clean' of my house (aim at one room a day not always happening), keeping up with 5 different family and friends social media groups, phone calls and facetime with grandchildren, attempting online shopping delivery slots, the occasional walk around the block the day has disappeared. :think:

I will now take some time on every post and have a proper read from the beginning. Thank you. :thumbup:


I have spent most of this afternoon reading every post and looking at your photos Hazel. Nice to recognise so many different places I've been to or even those I have only seen from the photo albums you have kindly allowed me to use for jigsaws. Once again a big 'thank you' for all of them. :thumbup:

Looking forward to more of your 'Stay Home Travel Later' journeys. :D
Marie
Image
User avatar
grannyM
Admiral
Admiral
 
Posts: 17707
Joined: 28 Feb 2011 11:22
Location: Ayrshire
National Flag:
Scotland

Re: Stay Home Travel Later

Postby hazel20 » 17 Apr 2020 21:55

Thanks Marie - it is good to know that people are enjoying my travels. It's certainly bringing back a lot of memories for me - and showing me how very blessed I have been.

Feel free to use any photos for new jigsaws as you wish - I have been doing a few more jigsaws these past few weeks!

Take care of yourself and T xx
http://www.hazeljgriffiths.net

Future Lecture Cruises:
2020 - Balmoral - USA in the Fall - a minimal chance
2021 - 2 legs of Spirit of Discovery to South America
2021 - Coastlines of Croatia - Sept SofD
2021 - Canaries - Nov SofA
User avatar
hazel20
Commodore
Commodore
 
Posts: 2012
Joined: 15 Aug 2011 09:14
National Flag:
Wales


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to Ports of call



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests