Cruising Mates Forum: Cruise reviews, chat, answers and information. cruisingmates.co.uk • View topic - Semi-sub in Curacao

Semi-sub in Curacao

Semi-sub in Curacao

Postby Dave » 23 Jun 2011 09:01

We were taken by coach to a beach-side Hilton hotel. We wandered down to the beach and waited for the semi-sub - not knowing what to expect...

...and when it arrived it didn't exactly look like a submarine - or even half of one!

We descended a ladder to below the waterline and set off. This was not for the claustrophobic or those who get seasick - the boat swayed a lot. We were first in and sat at the front and so were last out, allowing a photo opportunity of the inside.

Although the view through the windows was reasonable it's nowhere near as good as through goggles, and most of our photos were murky. A diver went in and attracted fish with food giving us a chance to see a lot of fish close up.

As an excursion I'd rate it as okay and to be honest snorkelling is a better and much cheaper way to see reefs and fish.
Dave

Booked cruise 2019: December - Caribbean on Marella Explorer 2
Remaining land-based holidays 2019: July - Peak District, August - Harris and Highlands, October - Brecon Beacons
Dave
Mutineer
Mutineer

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Re: Semi-sub in Curacao

Postby Dave » 23 Jun 2011 10:36

After much deliberation (and an hour to upload) I've decided to post a video of some of our day in Curacao.

I know it goes on a bit in places, but if you bear with it you'll see some of the semi-sub excursion, the town of Willemstad, a glimpse of OV2, a fair bit of Boudicca, and a little of Grand Princess...

Dave

Booked cruise 2019: December - Caribbean on Marella Explorer 2
Remaining land-based holidays 2019: July - Peak District, August - Harris and Highlands, October - Brecon Beacons
Dave
Mutineer
Mutineer

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Return to Underwater