Cruising Mates Forum: Cruise reviews, chat, answers and information. cruisingmates.co.uk • View topic - VIP Colosseum Underground Tour with Roman Forum & Palatine Hill with Walks of Italy

VIP Colosseum Underground Tour with Roman Forum & Palatine Hill with Walks of Italy

Re: VIP Colosseum Underground Tour with Roman Forum & Palatine Hill with Walks of Italy

Postby tomvet » 17 Mar 2015 23:25

andynew wrote:Love Rome, been there a few times now, for 3 or 4 days at a time pre or post cruise, but in all that time have never been inside the Colosseum, just so much else to see, but will definitely consider next time as it looks amazing from those photos

I did an interior visit to the Coliseum back in 1995 but remember zero of it! I would love to go back to ROme and visit it again and I also wish to climb the dome of St Peters and visit the Sistine Chapel (again!).
October 19 - A-ROSA Luna - Lyon- Viviers - Arles - Avignon - Vienne - Lyon
tomvet
Admiral
Admiral

National Flag:
Ireland

Re: VIP Colosseum Underground Tour with Roman Forum & Palatine Hill with Walks of Italy

Postby Wansbrough » 18 Mar 2015 06:21

tomvet wrote:Out of curiosity (and of course being practical :roll: ) - for the most part, did you notice how buggy accessible was it?

Sorry Tom, my mind was elsewhere...... 8-)
Wansbrough
Bar Steward
Bar Steward

National Flag:
United Kingdom

VIP Colosseum Underground Tour with Roman Forum & Palatine Hill with Walks of Italy

Postby tobysgranny » 18 Mar 2015 15:04

Thanks W for the great pictures. I have been past the Colosseum a few times but it was only on our first visit to Rome back in 1972 did we actually go inside. It was so quite on the day we visited there were only a few other people in there. What a change from today with all the cruise ship tours.

Joan
Queen Victoria Nov. 2018.
tobysgranny
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

National Flag:
Scotland

Previous

Return to On foot