Cruising Mates Forum: Cruise reviews, chat, answers and information. cruisingmates.co.uk • View topic - Viking served double award.

Viking served double award.

Postby Dave » 09 Sep 2012 16:38

VIKING SERVED DOUBLE AWARD AT FOOD & TRAVEL CEREMONY

Viking River Cruises fought off stiff competition to win not one but two accolades at the Food & Travel Magazine Reader Awards in London, taking home trophies for both the ‘River Cruise Line of the Year’ and the overall ‘Best Cruise Line of the Year’.

The award ceremony honoured the best in food, travel and drink, with the likes of Fat Duck, The Ledbury, Le Manoir, Chef Tom Kerridge, Singapore Airways and the city of Istanbul being recognised as the readers’ favourites. Culinary legends Fergus Henderson, Angela Harnett and William Curley were tasked with creating the menu, which was undoubtedly befitting of such an event and its winners.

Wendy Atkin-Smith, Managing Director Viking River Cruises UK Limited said “To be recognised as River Cruise Line of the Year and to receive the coveted title of Best Cruise Line of the Year is incredible. We are delighted to have won, and to be awarded alongside such highly regarded names is a testament to the hard work and dedication that goes into making a Viking River Cruise. Our thanks go out to Food and Travel Magazine readers and we hope to welcome them onto a Viking River Cruise very soon.”

Competition for the title of Best River Cruise Line of the Year was Ama Waterways, European Waterways, Uniworld and Zambezi Queen. Whilst Viking River Cruises was up against Celebrity Cruises and Spirit of Adventure for the title of Best Cruise Line of the Year.

For further information about Viking River Cruises and reservations call 020 8780 7995 or visit http://www.vikingrivercruises.co.uk.
Dave

Booked cruise 2019: December - Caribbean on Marella Explorer 2
Remaining land-based holidays 2019: July - Peak District, August - Harris and Highlands, October - Brecon Beacons
Dave
Mutineer
Mutineer

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby MikeBR » 16 Feb 2013 09:46

Looking forward to indulging in Viking food at the begining of April while going up the Douro. :P BUT I really think they should provide an 'On Board' tailor to alter my trousers as the cruise progresses, now that would be service :lol:
MikeBR

Postby JollyJill » 16 Feb 2013 10:44

MikeBR wrote:Looking forward to indulging in Viking food at the begining of April while going up the Douro. :P BUT I really think they should provide an 'On Board' tailor to alter my trousers as the cruise progresses, now that would be service :lol:

If that's the case Mike, I think I had better go on starvation rations 2 weeks before we sail with Viking in July. :lol:

36 cruises on 26 ships.

JollyJill
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby Dave » 16 Feb 2013 10:47

MikeBR wrote:Looking forward to indulging in Viking food at the begining of April while going up the Douro. :P BUT I really think they should provide an 'On Board' tailor to alter my trousers as the cruise progresses, now that would be service :lol:

Hi Mike, it's good to see you on the forum again! :wave:

We'll be doing the Rhône cruise at the same time as yours, so I expect we'll be getting two new river cruise reviews before too long. ;)
Dave

Booked cruise 2019: December - Caribbean on Marella Explorer 2
Remaining land-based holidays 2019: July - Peak District, August - Harris and Highlands, October - Brecon Beacons
Dave
Mutineer
Mutineer

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Return to Viking