Cruising Mates Forum: Cruise reviews, chat, answers and information. cruisingmates.co.uk • View topic - The Magnificent Mekong: The flipbook version!

The Magnificent Mekong: The flipbook version!

Postby Dave » 24 Mar 2013 17:40

While I'm waiting and hoping for suggestions for members' reviews to be included in a future Cruising Mates Cruise Reviews flipbook (see: A Cruising Mates cruise reviews flipbook?), I decided to have a go at compiling a flipbook based on our last summer's Mekong cruise & stay with Viking River Cruises.

I haven't proof-read it thoroughly yet, but here's my first attempt:

(Note: The flipbook can be viewed fullscreen using the second icon from the left. The flipbook doesn't work on iPads.)

For those who've already read my reviews and blog there's nothing new, but I hope newer members might find it of interest. ;)
Dave

Booked cruise 2019: December - Caribbean on Marella Explorer 2
Remaining land-based holidays 2019: July - Peak District, August - Harris and Highlands, October - Brecon Beacons
Dave
Mutineer
Mutineer

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby Dave » 24 Mar 2013 18:30

I should add that agents who sell this particular cruise are more than welcome to use the flipbook in any way they like. I can even provide a free downloadable standalone version if required. :geek:
Dave

Remaining land-based holidays 2019: July - Peak District, August - Harris and Highlands, October - Brecon Beacons
Dave
Mutineer
Mutineer

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Re: The Magnificent Mekong: The flipbook version!

Postby sevenseascoaster » 24 Mar 2013 21:29

Brilliant Dave, print one off, and grace your coffe table with it :) . great pictures and an interesting read. I'm sure Viking will be well pleased with it too? :) I can see a free criuse coming your way as their ambassador :lol: .
Wen

Tried 19 different Ships and many many cruises, and hopefully more to come!
I haven't been everywhere, but its on my list!
sevenseascoaster
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

National Flag:
England

Postby MikeBR » 27 Jan 2014 23:26

Very Good Dave. I would do one myself for the River Douro but unfortunaly Viking made Both Myself & a fellow passenger sign a 'Gagging Clause' about our experience :evil:
MikeBR
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

National Flag:
Scotland

Postby Dave » 28 Jan 2014 12:18

MikeBR wrote:Very Good Dave. I would do one myself for the River Douro but unfortunaly Viking made Both Myself & a fellow passenger sign a 'Gagging Clause' about our experience :evil:

Thanks Mike, ...and for reviving this old topic! ;)

We had two excellent cruises with Viking, but our third was disappointing for several reasons. When I politely told them what we were unhappy about, they thanked me for my feedback. They didn't comment on my comments so I assume they were content that I was discontented. So if we do another river cruise we'll give one of their competitors a try. It's a buyer's market! :)
Dave

Dave
Mutineer
Mutineer

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Re: The Magnificent Mekong: The flipbook version!

Postby MikeBR » 28 Jan 2014 12:40

It's a pity about Viking because as you know I thought they were the best thing since sliced bread. Since last April I have had a lot of communication with others from the Douro cruise who were already committed to other Viking cruises later in the year many who were into double figure Viking cruises and unfortunately have had the same experience as yourself. As you say it is a buyer's market with plenty to choose from. But did you see SAGA on Holiday's from Hell'? Amazon Cruise that was not even on the Amazon but a tributary. Noticed on some recent emails from various company's that this description appears to be 'Common Practice'. So careful reading of itinerary before committing is required as I found complaining to ABTA is as useful as a 'Chocolate Fireguard
MikeBR
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

National Flag:
Scotland

Return to Viking