Cruising Mates Forum: Cruise reviews, chat, answers and information. cruisingmates.co.uk • View topic - Viking Longship Budapest to Passau April 2015. With photos

Viking Longship Budapest to Passau April 2015. With photos

Re: Viking Longship Budapest to Passau April 2015

Postby Meg50 » 11 Apr 2015 10:45

looking forward to hearing about this trip.

we are considering a similar one - with a stopover in Prague
Meg
User avatar
Meg50
Commodore
Commodore
 
Posts: 2018
Joined: 15 Jun 2011 07:49
Location: Saff Lunnon
National Flag:
United Kingdom

Re: Viking Longship Budapest to Passau April 2015

Postby Hannah » 11 Apr 2015 16:23

Just a 15 min coach transfer to the boat today and visit to Matthias Church next to our hotel. We did a walk in the morning. We are moored on the Pest side of the chain bridge and sail late sunday night. This afternoon we found the shoe sculptures in memory of victims shot in the Danube 1945. Very poignant. The ship is fine easy to find around compared to ocean cruise ships. We enjoyed our previous and only river cruise on the Nile so hope this matches up well. Oh and it's been another scorcher today. Weather looks set fair at least up to tuesday fingers crossed.
ImageImage
Hannah
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
 
Posts: 3850
Joined: 11 Jan 2012 09:41
Location: Washington, UK
National Flag:
United Kingdom

Viking Longship Budapest to Passau April 2015

Postby Mungo » 11 Apr 2015 16:24

Enjoy! :mrgreen:
Iona July 2020
Arcadia December 2020
Britannia March 2021
Columbus May 2021
User avatar
Mungo
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
 
Posts: 7018
Joined: 28 Feb 2011 17:41

Viking Longship Budapest to Passau April 2015

Postby grannyM » 11 Apr 2015 16:39

How very exciting. Glad the weather has been so nice Shirley. Hope it continues even past Tuesday. :D
Marie
Image
User avatar
grannyM
Admiral
Admiral
 
Posts: 17663
Joined: 28 Feb 2011 11:22
Location: Ayrshire
National Flag:
Scotland

Viking Longship Budapest to Passau April 2015

Postby JollyJill » 11 Apr 2015 16:49

Great to hear from you again Shirley. Pleased to hear that you are both enjoying yourselves. :)
Image

36 cruises on 26 ships.







Image
User avatar
JollyJill
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
 
Posts: 17494
Joined: 26 Feb 2011 13:26
Location: Hampshire
National Flag:
United Kingdom

Re: Viking Longship Budapest to Passau April 2015

Postby Hannah » 12 Apr 2015 19:45

We have just set sail from Budapest to Bratislava. For those yet to visit Budapest is a vast and beautiful city with fantastic architecture and culture. Today we did a ships tour of the city. This afternoon we haafree time and opted to visit the Catholic Church and house of terror. So called as many political atrocities were committed by Nazi Germany and afterwards by the Soviets. We went back via the spring market. A few words on the ship. Very friendly staff, food good, clean, cabin small but functional. Loving the free wi fi.
ImageImage
Hannah
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
 
Posts: 3850
Joined: 11 Jan 2012 09:41
Location: Washington, UK
National Flag:
United Kingdom

Re: Viking Longship Budapest to Passau April 2015

Postby tomvet » 12 Apr 2015 21:39

Hannah wrote:We have just set sail from Budapest to Bratislava. For those yet to visit Budapest is a vast and beautiful city with fantastic architecture and culture. Today we did a ships tour of the city. This afternoon we haafree time and opted to visit the Catholic Church and house of terror. So called as many political atrocities were committed by Nazi Germany and afterwards by the Soviets. We went back via the spring market. A few words on the ship. Very friendly staff, food good, clean, cabin small but functional. Loving the free wi fi.


Excellent stuff Shirley! Keep us posted!
October 19 - A-ROSA Luna - Lyon- Viviers - Arles - Avignon - Vienne - Lyon
tomvet
Admiral
Admiral
 
Posts: 13695
Joined: 01 May 2011 13:15
National Flag:
Ireland

Re: Viking Longship Budapest to Passau April 2015

Postby Hannah » 14 Apr 2015 06:55

Part of the appeal for this trip was the itinerary and all new ports of call for us.Indeed 3 new countries for me namely Hungary, Slovakia and Austria. We had a lovely sail in yesterday morning enjoying the peace and calm on the sun deck into Bratislava which we explored on a ships tour in the afternoon. A charming smaller city. Budapest was a hard act to follow. Today we are docked in Vienna and it will be time soon to go ashore. There are 187 passengers aboard mainly from the USA and UK. All flights transfers accommodation food drinks wine beer soft drinks and beverages shore excursions are included in the price plus free wi fi.L'OccitInne toiletries are provided. It's nice to know that our onboard spend is currently running at zero! Weather looks set fair again at 63 degrees today although we did get a shower yesterday. Off exploring now.
ImageImage
Hannah
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
 
Posts: 3850
Joined: 11 Jan 2012 09:41
Location: Washington, UK
National Flag:
United Kingdom

Re: Viking Longship Budapest to Passau April 2015

Postby JollyJill » 14 Apr 2015 07:08

Hannah wrote:Part of the appeal for this trip was the itinerary and all new ports of call for us.Indeed 3 new countries for me namely Hungary, Slovakia and Austria. We had a lovely sail in yesterday morning enjoying the peace and calm on the sun deck into Bratislava which we explored on a ships tour in the afternoon. A charming smaller city. Budapest was a hard act to follow. Today we are docked in Vienna and it will be time soon to go ashore. There are 187 passengers aboard mainly from the USA and UK. All flights transfers accommodation food drinks wine beer soft drinks and beverages shore excursions are included in the price plus free wi fi.L'OccitInne toiletries are provided. It's nice to know that our onboard spend is currently running at zero! Weather looks set fair again at 63 degrees today although we did get a shower yesterday. Off exploring now.


I am so enjoying your live blog Shirley. Having done a coach trip that covered both Budapest & Vienna, It must be a great river trip.
Enjoy Vienna which is grandiose in places and quite a beautiful city. :)
Image

36 cruises on 26 ships.







Image
User avatar
JollyJill
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
 
Posts: 17494
Joined: 26 Feb 2011 13:26
Location: Hampshire
National Flag:
United Kingdom

Re: Viking Longship Budapest to Passau April 2015

Postby tomvet » 14 Apr 2015 08:21

JollyJill wrote:
Hannah wrote:Part of the appeal for this trip was the itinerary and all new ports of call for us.Indeed 3 new countries for me namely Hungary, Slovakia and Austria. We had a lovely sail in yesterday morning enjoying the peace and calm on the sun deck into Bratislava which we explored on a ships tour in the afternoon. A charming smaller city. Budapest was a hard act to follow. Today we are docked in Vienna and it will be time soon to go ashore. There are 187 passengers aboard mainly from the USA and UK. All flights transfers accommodation food drinks wine beer soft drinks and beverages shore excursions are included in the price plus free wi fi.L'OccitInne toiletries are provided. It's nice to know that our onboard spend is currently running at zero! Weather looks set fair again at 63 degrees today although we did get a shower yesterday. Off exploring now.


I am so enjoying your live blog Shirley. Having done a coach trip that covered both Budapest & Vienna, It must be a great river trip.
Enjoy Vienna which is grandiose in places and quite a beautiful city. :)


I concur - Vienna is certainly a Jewel of Europe!
October 19 - A-ROSA Luna - Lyon- Viviers - Arles - Avignon - Vienne - Lyon
tomvet
Admiral
Admiral
 
Posts: 13695
Joined: 01 May 2011 13:15
National Flag:
Ireland

PreviousNext

Return to Viking



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron