Cruising Mates Forum: Cruise reviews, chat, answers and information. cruisingmates.co.uk • View topic - Viking longship Njord Budapest to Passau

Viking longship Njord Budapest to Passau

Re: Viking longship Njord Budapest to Passau

Postby Hannah » 25 Apr 2015 07:25

Thanks Dave and Pete. Am new to tapatalk and Samsung phone. Knew it looked a bit untidy but pleased at same time to actually figure out how to post a photo!
ImageImage
Hannah
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby Dave » 25 Apr 2015 09:55

Hannah wrote:Thanks Dave and Pete. Am new to tapatalk and Samsung phone. Knew it looked a bit untidy but pleased at same time to actually figure out how to post a photo!

No problem, I'm just happy that you're posting from a cruise at all. :D

I'm looking forward to hearing your thoughts on how river cruising compares with the other kind. (I saw many pros and only a few cons.)
Dave
Booked cruise: Marella Explorer - Caribbean, Christmas 2018
Booked walking holidays: Easter: Cotswolds; Summer: Kintyre & Islay
Dave
Mutineer
Mutineer

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby Hannah » 25 Apr 2015 11:54

We really enjoyed our Viking experience. The staff at all levels were very friendly and helpful and couldn't be faulted for anything. Food was good and the wine/beers flowed if you wished. Everywhere was spotless with less formality than a ocean cruise. We also liked not having to queue for any length of time. Their organisational skills for flights, sail times, meals, included trips all spot on. The only negative was a small cabin. To upgrade to a high end verandah suite only available would of cost extra 2400 euros which we declined! Would definitely recommend and travel with Viking again. Loved it plus we had brilliant weather.
ImageImage
Hannah
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby Dave » 25 Apr 2015 12:09

Hannah wrote:We really enjoyed our Viking experience. The staff at all levels were very friendly and helpful and couldn't be faulted for anything. Food was good and the wine/beers flowed if you wiss. Everywhere was spotless with less formality than a ocean cruise. We also liked not having to queue for any length of time. Their organisational skills for flights, sail times, meals, included trips all spot on. The only negative was a small cabin. To upgrade to a high end verandah suite only available would of cost extra 2400 euros which we declined! Would definitely recommend and travel with Viking again. Loved it plus we had brilliant weather.

We said very much the same after our first Viking cruise. Okay, the weather wasn't good but we couldn't blame Viking for that.

Our cabin on Schumann was tiny - easily the smallest we've ever had - but the cabin on Neptune was similar in size to a typical ocean cruise ship cabin so, with hindsight, I just put the small size down to that particular ship. (Our cabin on Viking Tonle was also a decent size.)

We liked the truly all-inclusive style of cruising with everything included in the price. I think it's far more civilised somehow not to have gratuities and service charges added to the account.

After our first two Viking cruises I was a huge fan. I thought they were absolutely brilliant in every respect, especially (as you say) their organisation and professionalism. However, we had cause to be disappointed with our third cruise and haven't been tempted to return. Perhaps one day though...
Dave
Booked cruise: Marella Explorer - Caribbean, Christmas 2018
Booked walking holidays: Easter: Cotswolds; Summer: Kintyre & Islay
Dave
Mutineer
Mutineer

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby sevenseascoaster » 25 Apr 2015 18:51

Enjoyed all your pictures and thoughts Shirley glad it has gone well.

Shall try and remember Dave's explanation for using Tapatalk to add posts too :)
Wen

Tried 19 different Ships and many many cruises, and hopefully more to come!
I haven't been everywhere, but its on my list!
sevenseascoaster
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

National Flag:
England

Previous