Cruising Mates Forum: Cruise reviews, chat, answers and information. cruisingmates.co.uk • View topic - MSC DIVINA

MSC DIVINA

Re: MSC DIVINA

Postby Toongirl » 08 Nov 2012 22:22

I enjoyed looking at your photos, Pete. they're excellent. Mine don't turn out like that, somehow!
Angela
Toongirl
Commodore
Commodore

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby Skier Pete » 08 Nov 2012 22:38

Toongirl wrote:I enjoyed looking at your photos, Pete. they're excellent. Mine don't turn out like that, somehow!
Angela

WEll !!! i could suggest you buy a Panasonic lumix in the TZ series and set it on iA and point and shoot,( but that might sound patronising which i don't do) , and take loads of pictures. mIne are but a few from over 800 taken; about half of the ship and the rest of the sites on shore which are yet to come.

Alternatively just go out with your camera and play with the settings, in some sort of ordered sequence and look at the results, and work out the best setting for you it doesn't matter what you photograph as you just format the card and get rid of all the experimental photos you took and you still got your blank card.

Costs nothing except a bit of your time having some fun. You might even get some pictures you want to keep.
Skiing comes 1st; Cruising a close 2nd

Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image
Skier Pete
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

National Flag:
England

Postby tomvet » 08 Nov 2012 23:13

Great photos Pete. She is practically identical to Fantasia.
October 19 - A-ROSA Luna - Lyon- Viviers - Arles - Avignon - Vienne - Lyon
tomvet
Admiral
Admiral

National Flag:
Ireland

Postby Skier Pete » 08 Nov 2012 23:32

tomvet wrote:Great photos Pete. She is practically identical to Fantasia.

And Splendida as well. not sure about whether Preziosa will be as close a match as the other three
Skiing comes 1st; Cruising a close 2nd

Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image
Skier Pete
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

National Flag:
England

Postby Gemma » 09 Nov 2012 04:25

Skier Pete wrote:
Toongirl wrote:I enjoyed looking at your photos, Pete. they're excellent. Mine don't turn out like that, somehow!
Angela

WEll !!! i could suggest you buy a Panasonic lumix in the TZ series and set it on iA and point and shoot,( but that might sound patronising which i don't do) , and take loads of pictures. mIne are but a few from over 800 taken; about half of the ship and the rest of the sites on shore which are yet to come.

Alternatively just go out with your camera and play with the settings, in some sort of ordered sequence and look at the results, and work out the best setting for you it doesn't matter what you photograph as you just format the card and get rid of all the experimental photos you took and you still got your blank card.

Costs nothing except a bit of your time having some fun. You might even get some pictures you want to keep.

Do you still remember the days when we used to think twice before taking a photo as the films had to be developed and could be pretty expensive ? We couldn't really afford to 'waste' a photo. I wonder what 800 photos would have cost back then.
Gemma
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

National Flag:
Malta

Postby tomvet » 09 Nov 2012 09:09

Gemma wrote:
Skier Pete wrote:
Angela

Do you still remember the days when we used to think twice before taking a photo as the films had to be developed and could be pretty expensive ? We couldn't really afford to 'waste' a photo. I wonder what 800 photos would have cost back then.

Yes Gemma, I travelled in Oz and NZ back in 1998 for 8 weeks and came home with 200 photos and had to remortgage to have them developed!! Back then I would never take a night shot in case it would waste the film whereas now I click at anything if it takes my fancy and delete if it turns out to be rubbish.
October 19 - A-ROSA Luna - Lyon- Viviers - Arles - Avignon - Vienne - Lyon
tomvet
Admiral
Admiral

National Flag:
Ireland

Postby PetranPireotis » 28 Nov 2012 16:42

her maiden arrival at Piraeus

p.s. i got hungry with the last pics :p
PetranPireotis
Junior Lieutenant