Cruising Mates Forum: Cruise reviews, chat, answers and information. cruisingmates.co.uk • View topic - Ventura

Ventura

Re: Ventura

Postby JollyJill » 04 Mar 2012 11:57

dodge wrote:Will be going on Ventura in 3 weeks time this will be our first time on this ship , I am not to sure if its a little to big for me but will-go with a open mind.
We are calling in on La Rochelle a place i love,La coruna another good place to walk around with a beautiful beach area mind you will probably be a little on the cold side for me at this time of year.
Not being to bright in the brain department I bought a new printer yesterday to print my e tickets off what a pa lava started at 5 o'clock finished at midnight.
why don't they make anything the same as what you had before my swear box is over flowing,but at least I've started to save for my next cruise.

It will be interesting to hear what you think of Ventura, Dodge. I have read so many mixed reviews and it seems that some love it and others hate it. With an itinerary such as yours (I love La Rochelle too), I hope that whatever you think of the ship, you will have a great time. :)

36 cruises on 26 ships.

JollyJill
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby Mungo » 04 Mar 2012 12:49

dodge wrote:Will be going on Ventura in 3 weeks time this will be our first time on this ship , I am not to sure if its a little to big for me but will-go with a open mind.
We are calling in on La Rochelle a place i love,La coruna another good place to walk around with a beautiful beach area mind you will probably be a little on the cold side for me at this time of year.
Not being to bright in the brain department I bought a new printer yesterday to print my e tickets off what a pa lava started at 5 o'clock finished at midnight.
why don't they make anything the same as what you had before my swear box is over flowing,but at least I've started to save for my next cruise.

If I'd believed all the negative reviews I'd read about Ventura, I'd never have tried her. She is now one of my favourite big ships. I loved Ramblas and enjoyed the fact she has a covered pool when the weatherisn't too good.

La Coruna is a delight!

Oh dear, sorry to hear about difficulties with your printer. Pleased to say hubby is good with technical things.................. I wouldn't know where to start. :oops:

Hope you have a super time on Ventura! :D
Iona July 2020
Arcadia December 2020
Britannia March 2021
Columbus May 2021
Mungo
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby dodge » 05 Mar 2012 17:23

Thanks for the well wishes printer now working well ,[ I think it was me all the time ]
On the last cruise on Oceana last year we meet a nice couple who became drinking partners who we spent many a evening until 2.30 to 3.00clock talking with the odd drink every 10 minuets or so, they have booked also to go on this cruise so am destined for some more late nights :D
dodge
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

National Flag:
England

Postby pisces55 » 11 Sep 2012 15:47

Ventura in Grand Turk November 2010ImageImage
Diane

pisces55
Commodore
Commodore

National Flag:
Scotland

Postby jocap » 11 Sep 2012 21:08

Diane- they were selling a canvas print of Ventura in grand Turk, on board last year. G managed to win £57 at Bingo ( the only time he ever plays is on board), so he went to ask the price, to buy for me. At first they said it was £100, but eventually let him buy it for what he'd won.
Mind you, it was a beggar self- disembarking with a 4ft. picture under my arm!
Love your pics....
Jo.

19 Cruises; 10 ships; 7 lines; 89 ports
jocap
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby pisces55 » 13 Sep 2012 08:43

Hi Jo we tried the bingo never won a penny lol Well done to G for winning. That was great getting the canvas print for that price, I'm picturing you getting of the ship with it under your arm lol Loved Grand Turk and Ventura, I know people say this n that about the ship, but we had a fantastic time on her. Would sail on her again n again :D
Diane

pisces55
Commodore
Commodore

National Flag:
Scotland

Ventura in Civitavecchia 4 August 2014

Postby Wansbrough » 21 Aug 2014 18:22

Ventura in Civitavecchia 4 August 2014

Wansbrough
Bar Steward
Bar Steward

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Ventura

Postby jocap » 22 Aug 2014 19:05

SAM_0005.JPG
The famous photo on canvas which Gavin won for me.....
Still one of our favourites, even after trying Indy.....we might try Ventura again next summer.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jo.

19 Cruises; 10 ships; 7 lines; 89 ports
jocap
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Ventura

Postby Trace » 26 Aug 2014 13:05

jocap wrote:
SAM_0005.JPG
The famous photo on canvas which Gavin won for me.....
Still one of our favourites, even after trying Indy.....we might try Ventura again next summer.

Go for it Jo, we loved the Ventura so much. Especially the Beach House and East on an evening :)

The food on the Ventura was the best we have had on a ship or any land based holidays, although Jersey comes a close second.

I can honestly say I loved everything about this ship, I hope the Oceana is as good next May.
Tracey :-)
Trace
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Previous

Return to P&O