Cruising Mates Forum: Cruise reviews, chat, answers and information. cruisingmates.co.uk • View topic - A bit of a puzzle!

A bit of a puzzle!

A bit of a puzzle!

Postby grannyM » 31 Aug 2016 16:55

Looking through my camera to clear some of my old images made me wonder if any of you had the same reaction as we did if you ever saw this vessel. I am sure you all know exactly where this is but did you have to look twice to make sure you were actually there? :lol:

DSCF5517.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Marie
Image
User avatar
grannyM
Admiral
Admiral
 
Posts: 16532
Joined: 28 Feb 2011 12:22
Location: Ayrshire
National Flag:
Scotland

A bit of a puzzle!

Postby avidcruiser » 31 Aug 2016 22:29

I know what you mean Marie.

There are some places that we have visited that I never dreamt that we would, and others that we dreamt that we would visit and never will. Whatever, we still have the memories. :)
All my posts and photos are COPYRIGHTED!!

"I have a little shadow that goes in and out with me!"
KEEP CALM AND CRUISE ON


Image
User avatar
avidcruiser
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
 
Posts: 2940
Joined: 05 Mar 2011 00:51
National Flag:
Wales

A bit of a puzzle!

Postby grannyM » 01 Sep 2016 11:07

avidcruiser wrote:I know what you mean Marie.

There are some places that we have visited that I never dreamt that we would, and others that we dreamt that we would visit and never will. Whatever, we still have the memories. :)


Ah! well avid - you see that's the puzzle. We are not where the Coast Guard vessel would make us think we were. ;) :lol:
Marie
Image
User avatar
grannyM
Admiral
Admiral
 
Posts: 16532
Joined: 28 Feb 2011 12:22
Location: Ayrshire
National Flag:
Scotland

Re: A bit of a puzzle!

Postby avidcruiser » 01 Sep 2016 22:31

Put me out of my misery please! :)
All my posts and photos are COPYRIGHTED!!

"I have a little shadow that goes in and out with me!"
KEEP CALM AND CRUISE ON


Image
User avatar
avidcruiser
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
 
Posts: 2940
Joined: 05 Mar 2011 00:51
National Flag:
Wales

Re: A bit of a puzzle!

Postby grannyM » 02 Sep 2016 09:50

avidcruiser wrote:Put me out of my misery please! :)


Avid, I presumed others would have also seen this vessel.

We saw the Japanese Coast Guard, training ship, PL21 in Livorno, Italy. I could find no reference on the net as to why it was there. :? :lol:
Marie
Image
User avatar
grannyM
Admiral
Admiral
 
Posts: 16532
Joined: 28 Feb 2011 12:22
Location: Ayrshire
National Flag:
Scotland

Re: A bit of a puzzle!

Postby dst87 » 02 Sep 2016 17:29

I wonder if it's a training ship? I've seen a few references to it being quite far from home before, including an itinerary taking it from San Francisco to New York through the panama canal. I guess they must train all over the world!
Duncan S

Upcoming cruises:
09/16 - MSC Splendida (Northern Europe)

Previous cruises: See my blog!
User avatar
dst87
Captain
Captain
 
Posts: 793
Joined: 04 May 2014 10:44
Location: Falkirk, UK
National Flag:
Scotland

Re: A bit of a puzzle!

Postby dst87 » 02 Sep 2016 17:30

I think this is a training ship? I've seen a few references to it being quite far from home before, including an itinerary taking it from San Francisco to New York through the panama canal. I guess they must train all over the world!

Here is a link to the flyer from the San Francisco visit: http://www.sf.us.emb-japan.go.jp/pdf/a_Flyer_Kojima_en.pdf
Duncan S

Upcoming cruises:
09/16 - MSC Splendida (Northern Europe)

Previous cruises: See my blog!
User avatar
dst87
Captain
Captain
 
Posts: 793
Joined: 04 May 2014 10:44
Location: Falkirk, UK
National Flag:
Scotland

Re: A bit of a puzzle!

Postby grannyM » 02 Sep 2016 18:03

grannyM wrote:
We saw the Japanese Coast Guard, training ship, PL21 in Livorno, Italy. I could find no reference on the net as to why it was there. :? :lol:


dst87 wrote:I think this is a training ship? I've seen a few references to it being quite far from home before, including an itinerary taking it from San Francisco to New York through the panama canal. I guess they must train all over the world!

Here is a link to the flyer from the San Francisco visit: http://www.sf.us.emb-japan.go.jp/pdf/a_Flyer_Kojima_en.pdf


Yes it is indeed Duncan as you righlyt say and I said in my previous post. I only found that out when I used Wikipedia. ;)
Marie
Image
User avatar
grannyM
Admiral
Admiral
 
Posts: 16532
Joined: 28 Feb 2011 12:22
Location: Ayrshire
National Flag:
Scotland


Return to Other lines



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron