Cruising Mates Forum: Cruise reviews, chat, answers and information. cruisingmates.co.uk • View topic - Center Parcs Woburn

Center Parcs Woburn

Center Parcs Woburn

Postby Mungo » 05 Jun 2018 19:17

We love cruising but between them we try and fit in something in the UK. :mrgreen:

So....just back from Woburn Center Parcs with family as an early big birthday present. My first get away since my op in January. Took it easy and managed 2 days of changing dressings without a nurse! :lol:

We had gorgeous weather so spent time sitting out. We didn't do any extra fee paying activities ....apart from a few £s in the arcades, but the rest of the family twice went to the free indoor tropical swimming pool. Lots of play areas outside and in restaurants for little ones.

Had a basic 2 bedroom Woodland Lodge which was ample for 3nights. We were about a 10 minute walk to lake and eateries etc.

Apart from taking breakfast items we ate out the rest of the time. Not cheap but we had a £25 voucher which helped and it was a birthday get away weekend so had saved for this. Did Pancake House, Italian Strada, Sports Bar and Hucks the American diner.

Wildlife consisted mainly of ducks and squirrels.

Not the cheapest of holidays but do like Center Parcs! :thumbup:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mungo
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Center Parcs Woburn

Postby bobbyoscar » 05 Jun 2018 19:41

Center Parks, Woburn - about 20mins from where we live.

I had to go over to Flitwick on Sat, so could have stopped the car at the gate and waved to you.

Before it opened, local residents were offered the opportunity to see what was on offer at a very reduced fee. Some friends of ours visited and were very impressed with all it has to offer.

Cruises booked:
October 2018 – P & O Oriana - Cadiz - Catania - Corigliano Calabro – Venice –Zadar - Dubrovnik - Kotor - Corfu - Gibraltar
February 2019 – P & O Aurora - Andalsnes – Tromso – Alta – Stavanger
September 2019 - P & O Azura - Malaga -Messina - Mykonos - Piraeus - Santorini - Katakolon - Gibraltar
bobbyoscar
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

National Flag:
England

Re: Center Parcs Woburn

Postby Camela » 05 Jun 2018 22:25

Great idea Mungo. I was thinking of taking Son and family away for a treat, possibly during October half term. Will investigate this. I know we'll pay more as a school holiday.
"Won't you let me take you on a sea cruise"
Camela
Captain
Captain

National Flag:
England

Center Parcs Woburn

Postby Gillzajoker » 06 Jun 2018 09:12

Great news, Sue - so pleased that you were fit and well enough to enjoy yourself.
Onwards and upwards!!! :D
Gillzajoker
Admiral
Admiral

National Flag:
Spain

Center Parcs Woburn

Postby grannyM » 06 Jun 2018 16:20

What a nice photo. Lovely to see you well enough to enjoy your holiday Sue. :D
Marie
grannyM
Admiral
Admiral

National Flag:
Scotland

Center Parcs Woburn

Postby Trace » 06 Jun 2018 19:46

Great pic Sue... We are huge Center Parcs fans, go at least once a year, often twice, we go mainly to Sherwood tho have done Whinfell (Cumbria) 3 times.. Best times we have had over the last 22 years.. Our grandchildren love it. We love Bella Itallia, Hucks, Cafe Rouge, and Sports Bar. Very expensive but worth it. And pancake house is a real indulgent treat!

We love the shops, The Store Room, 'Just Kids' toy shop and Treats the sweet shop.

So pleased you are doing so well Sue. Xxx
Tracey :-)
Trace
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Return to Accommodation & non-cruising holidays