Cruising Mates Forum: Cruise reviews, chat, answers and information. cruisingmates.co.uk • View topic - Monarch Airlines

Monarch Airlines

Monarch Airlines

Postby grannyM » 04 Oct 2017 16:53

At least you will feel you have started some procedure Gill. Good luck with it. :)
Marie
grannyM
Admiral
Admiral

National Flag:
Scotland

Monarch Airlines

Postby Gillzajoker » 05 Oct 2017 09:42

Thanks, Marie. As it was not dismissed out of hand, I feel hopeful that eventually I will get some recompense. Watch this space! :D
Gillzajoker
Admiral
Admiral

National Flag:
Spain

Monarch Airlines

Postby Gillzajoker » 13 Apr 2018 10:04

RESULT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! After months of emailing, sending invoice copies to all and sundry, copies by post, and dozens of folow-up messages, I just checked my Nationwide statement and found two items under the heading 'SUNDRIES credit'.....which must be reimbursement from Visa Disputes. (The amounts weren't familiar as I had paid in euros). So it pays to be persistant, and I am one happy bunny! :D :D :D
Gillzajoker
Admiral
Admiral

National Flag:
Spain

Monarch Airlines

Postby bobbyoscar » 13 Apr 2018 10:37

Gillzajoker wrote:RESULT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! After months of emailing, sending invoice copies to all and sundry, copies by post, and dozens of folow-up messages, I just checked my Nationwide statement and found two items under the heading 'SUNDRIES credit'.....which must be reimbursement from Visa Disputes. (The amounts weren't familiar as I had paid in euros). So it pays to be persistant, and I am one happy bunny! :D :D :D

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Well done, you. Another result due to perseverance xx

Cruises booked:
October 2018 – P & O Oriana - Cadiz - Catania - Corigliano Calabro – Venice –Zadar - Dubrovnik - Kotor - Corfu - Gibraltar
February 2019 – P & O Aurora - Andalsnes – Tromso – Alta – Stavanger
September 2019 - P & O Azura - Malaga -Messina - Mykonos - Piraeus - Santorini - Katakolon - Gibraltar
bobbyoscar
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

National Flag:
England

Monarch Airlines

Postby judgegeoff » 13 Apr 2018 12:15

Gillzajoker wrote:RESULT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! After months of emailing, sending invoice copies to all and sundry, copies by post, and dozens of folow-up messages, I just checked my Nationwide statement and found two items under the heading 'SUNDRIES credit'.....which must be reimbursement from Visa Disputes. (The amounts weren't familiar as I had paid in euros). So it pays to be persistant, and I am one happy bunny! :D :D :D

Fantastic, well done Gill, I am so glad that your persistence has been fruitful.

Our experience with the EU Flight Delay Compensation was the exact opposite to yours. In 2014 our British Airways flight to Cape Town was delayed by 5 hours and 20 minutes, due to a fault on the aircraft and the need to substitute with another aircraft. When we got back home I wrote to British Airways and, by return received a letter advising us that we would receive a cheque in the very near future. Sure enough, a few days later, we received a cheque for the sterling equivalent of 1,200 Euros. I was extremely impressed with British Airways on that occasion.

When we were advised that we would be flying on an alternative aircraft they told us to retain our boarding cards as the aircraft, a Boeing 747 would be identical in seating to the faulty plane. In the event, the replacement aircraft was older and the seating was very different. We ended up with much better seats than we had originally been allocated. :)
Geoff

Cruises Booked

Nothing yet but looking.
judgegeoff
Powder Monkey
Powder Monkey

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Monarch Airlines

Postby grannyM » 13 Apr 2018 14:58

Well done Gill. So glad for you. Once again it shows to be persistant and obviously patient too. :thumbup: :D
Marie
grannyM
Admiral
Admiral

National Flag:
Scotland

Monarch Airlines

Postby Gillzajoker » 14 Apr 2018 10:26

Thanks, everyone, it's great to be able to share good news! :D
Gillzajoker
Admiral
Admiral

National Flag:
Spain

Re: Monarch Airlines

Postby Peka » 16 Apr 2018 08:41

That is good news. I was only thinking about this the other day!
Peka

Booked: Adriatic 2019 / Black Watch

Peka
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

National Flag:
Iceland

Previous

Return to Flights