Cruising Mates Forum: Cruise reviews, chat, answers and information. cruisingmates.co.uk • View topic - Cruising Mates videos pass 30,000 views!

Cruising Mates videos pass 30,000 views!

A little bit about us, and why we're here.

Postby Dave » 23 May 2016 09:32

I don't know how often members click the YouTube Videos link in the top-right of forum pages, but if you do you'll see something like this... ;)

I've uploaded 135 videos over the past four years. They include video slideshows and clips which are mostly related to ships and cruising, but there are also some tutorials and simulations as well.

I regularly check the statistics about views because I find it interesting to see which videos are the most popular. The great majority (92%) of those 30,031 views come from people watching the videos on YouTube, not on the forum, but they serve to promote the forum because I usually add a link to the topic that includes the video.

I find it very interesting that with 135 videos, just one - 'Christmas Caribbean on Thomson Dream' - accounts for 30% of the total views. And if I add the 8% for 'Thomson Dream Slideshow' that makes 11,629 views for Dream. Obviously there's a lot more interest in Thomson Dream 'out there' than there is 'in here'! :D

However, I posted the Thomson Dream slideshows over two years ago. The Costa Diadema cabin videos are proving even more successful, with a total of 3,407 views in less than five months.

Just thought I'd mention it. ;) :D
Dave
Booked cruise: Tui Discovery 2 - Cuban Fusion, Christmas 2017
Not all who wander are lost.
Dave
Mutineer
Mutineer

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby JollyJill » 23 May 2016 09:46

I must admit that I rarely look at youtube videos of cruises/ships.

I am amazed by viewing numbers though. My blog of our Grand Voyage on Boudicca this year is still getting lots of views but it can't be from this forum as the last response to it was on 14th April.

To date, the number of views is 11,054 so I can assume that viewers come from google searches.

33 cruises on 24 ships.

Seine Sojourn on Braemar September 2017

APT River cruise Amsterdam- Budapest November 2017

JollyJill
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby Trace » 23 May 2016 12:25

Well Dave I think I need to go to Specsavers..... I have never even noticed that before, I will have to have a look at the videos when I get chance later!!

Well done tho, great amount of views! :clap: :clap:
Tracey :-)
Trace
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Re: Cruising Mates videos pass 30,000 views!

Postby tomvet » 23 May 2016 13:05

I knew the link was there but confess to not using it that much. The funny thing is that I do use YouTube to research ships and ports and a link to CM was never made - perhaps as Captain Cheapskate I search at the budget end of things whereas what is on the CM channel is at the higher end. I think Jill and I need to upload a few video to lower standard!

November 2017 - Phoenix Reisen M/S Aurelia - Cologne - Bonn - Cochem - Koblenz - Rudesheim - Frankfurt - Mainz - Cologne
April 2018 - Phoenix Reisen M/S Asara - Cologne - Amsterdam - Ijsselmeer - Hoorn - Rotterdam - Gorinchem - Arnheim - Cologne
tomvet
Admiral
Admiral

National Flag:
Ireland