Cruising Mates Forum: Cruise reviews, chat, answers and information. cruisingmates.co.uk • View topic - Astoria from Poole 2018

Astoria from Poole 2018

Astoria from Poole 2018

Postby Jeffo » 23 Jun 2018 10:43

We're taking a three night cruise over to Honfleur and Rouen in August on Astoria. She will be the largest cruise ship ever to call at Poole. We booked a superior outside twin cabin on deck 4. Just noticed it has an asterisk against it. One of the beds is a pullman berth ! Also I've seen somewhere that they have one formal night on these 3 nighters. Wasn't expecting to pack any formal gear. Still I know we'll have fun.
Previous Cruises :
Black Watch (4), Braemar (8), Boudicca (1), Balmoral (1), Adonia (1), Saga Sapphire (1) Saga Ruby (1) Astoria (1)
Jeffo
Commodore
Commodore

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Astoria from Poole 2018

Postby Gillzajoker » 23 Jun 2018 13:24

Sounds good - I'm sure you'll have great time, Jeffo! :D
Gillzajoker
Admiral
Admiral

National Flag:
Spain

Astoria from Poole 2018

Postby Jeffo » 13 Aug 2018 10:03

Astoria will be visiting the Bournemouth Air Show on 31st August. We embark at 10 a.m. In Poole, then sail over to Bournemouth at 1 pm, arriving Bournemouth at 2 pm, in time for the Red Arrows at 3 pm. At 5 pm we carry on to Honfleur, and Rouen, for the weekend and back to Poole.  Will be a fabulous photo opportunity for CMV. :)
Previous Cruises :
Black Watch (4), Braemar (8), Boudicca (1), Balmoral (1), Adonia (1), Saga Sapphire (1) Saga Ruby (1) Astoria (1)
Jeffo
Commodore
Commodore

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Astoria from Poole 2018

Postby grannyM » 13 Aug 2018 10:51

That sounds a great weekend Jeffo.

We have seen the Red Arrows quite a few times here when perform at Scottish Air Show from Prestwick. However I think the best view we ever had was at Bournemouth when we were staying at the Highcliff Marriot Hotel. It's a great spot just up the hill from the Bournemouth Internation Centre on the beach side. The time we were there it was really busy right along the top road above the beach and folk just walked into the grounds of the hotel no bother. Hope you have a great time. :D
Marie
grannyM
Admiral
Admiral

National Flag:
Scotland

Re: Astoria from Poole 2018

Postby Camela » 13 Aug 2018 12:00

I've seen the Red Arrows several times and viewing from the water should be fantastic. Enjoy the cruise, especially Honfleur. We had a bus into the town where we walked round the Old Quay. There are many artisan shops, an art gallery in an old salt warehouse and there was a market the day we visited.
"Won't you let me take you on a sea cruise"
Camela
Captain
Captain

National Flag:
England