Cruising Mates Forum: Cruise reviews, chat, answers and information. cruisingmates.co.uk • View topic - CMV don't want my kids on board - Ryanair do!!!

CMV don't want my kids on board - Ryanair do!!!

CMV don't want my kids on board - Ryanair do!!!

Postby tomvet » 03 Jul 2014 21:02

Picture tells a 1000 words!

RyanAir.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Image
October 18 - MSC Opera - Marseille - Mahon - Cagliari - Valetta - Messina - Naples - Genoa
December 18 - A-ROSA Aqua - Cologne - Mannheim - Kehl (Strasbourg) - Mainz - Cologne
October 19 - A-ROSA Luna - Lyon- Viviers - Arles - Avignon - Vienne - Lyon
tomvet
Admiral
Admiral
 
Posts: 13688
Joined: 01 May 2011 13:15
National Flag:
Ireland

CMV don't want my kids on board - Ryanair do!!!

Postby Skier Pete » 03 Jul 2014 22:53

Good grief Tom, your letting the adults only ships really get to you

I'll give another perspective:- My wife teaches other peoples' kids for 39 weeks of the year, for 7 hours each and every weekday of those weeks . THe last thing she wants is somebody elses kids on holiday with her. If she booked the holidays it would be adults only every time.
However booking them is down to me, and value for money is a great part of my criterea, not the cheapest, i don't do budget cruising, hence that is why I look at the lower level suites and the YC on MSC as a compromise. I believe that those cabins and the areas they are in on the ship will have less kids around because of the cost. We tend not to use the main pool areas but instead use our balcony a lot, which in general are larger on the suites.
No offence but I've done my time with my own children, although I'm old school where kids are concerned and believe they should be seen and not heard. I tried to make sure our two were never a source of disturbance to others, which is more than can be said for most parents nowadays with their "what's the problem they're only kids!" as if that is a remedy for all bad behaviour and general rowdiness and rudeness



I'll now put on my tin hat and go to my bunker
Skiing comes 1st; Cruising a close 2nd

Image Image Image


Image Image Image Image
User avatar
Skier Pete
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
 
Posts: 5574
Joined: 28 Feb 2011 13:37
Location: Caerphilly
National Flag:
England

CMV don't want my kids on board - Ryanair do!!!

Postby tomvet » 03 Jul 2014 23:08

Skier Pete wrote:Good grief Tom, your letting the adults only ships really get to you

I'll give another perspective:- My wife teaches other peoples' kids for 39 weeks of the year, for 7 hours each and every weekday of those weeks . THe last thing she wants is somebody elses kids on holiday with her. If she booked the holidays it would be adults only every time.
However booking them is down to me, and value for money is a great part of my criterea, not the cheapest, i don't do budget cruising, hence that is why I look at the lower level suites and the YC on MSC as a compromise. I believe that those cabins and the areas they are in on the ship will have less kids around because of the cost. We tend not to use the main pool areas but instead use our balcony a lot, which in general are larger on the suites.
No offence but I've done my time with my own children, although I'm old school where kids are concerned and believe they should be seen and not heard. I tried to make sure our two were never a source of disturbance to others, which is more than can be said for most parents nowadays with their "what's the problem they're only kids!" as if that is a remedy for all bad behaviour and general rowdiness and rudeness



I'll now put on my tin hat and go to my bunker


It doesn't get to me that much! The fact that your wife teaches kids 7 hours a day 39 weeks a year is totally irrelevant - her career choice! Ok kids are kids and they certainly have their moments but you cannot GENERALISE (because I wasn't allowed to! ;) ) that all parents tolerate their rudeness. Maybe I mix in the correct social circles but I rarely if ever come across rude kids nowadays! I come across very chatty and assertive kids and that is how I hope mine will be but I do know when enough is enough and time to remove them from a situation. As regards 'seen and not heard' on our Thomson cruise Mai was most certainly seen and heard!!! but I think to the amusement rather than to the annoyance of other passengers!
Image
October 18 - MSC Opera - Marseille - Mahon - Cagliari - Valetta - Messina - Naples - Genoa
December 18 - A-ROSA Aqua - Cologne - Mannheim - Kehl (Strasbourg) - Mainz - Cologne
October 19 - A-ROSA Luna - Lyon- Viviers - Arles - Avignon - Vienne - Lyon
tomvet
Admiral
Admiral
 
Posts: 13688
Joined: 01 May 2011 13:15
National Flag:
Ireland

CMV don't want my kids on board - Ryanair do!!!

Postby Skier Pete » 03 Jul 2014 23:24

tomvet wrote:
Skier Pete wrote:Good grief Tom, your letting the adults only ships really get to you

I'll give another perspective:- My wife teaches other peoples' kids for 39 weeks of the year, for 7 hours each and every weekday of those weeks . THe last thing she wants is somebody elses kids on holiday with her. If she booked the holidays it would be adults only every time.
However booking them is down to me, and value for money is a great part of my criterea, not the cheapest, i don't do budget cruising, hence that is why I look at the lower level suites and the YC on MSC as a compromise. I believe that those cabins and the areas they are in on the ship will have less kids around because of the cost. We tend not to use the main pool areas but instead use our balcony a lot, which in general are larger on the suites.
No offence but I've done my time with my own children, although I'm old school where kids are concerned and believe they should be seen and not heard. I tried to make sure our two were never a source of disturbance to others, which is more than can be said for most parents nowadays with their "what's the problem they're only kids!" as if that is a remedy for all bad behaviour and general rowdiness and rudeness



I'll now put on my tin hat and go to my bunker


It doesn't get to me that much! The fact that your wife teaches kids 7 hours a day 39 weeks a year is totally irrelevant - her career choice! Ok kids are kids and they certainly have their moments but you cannot GENERALISE (because I wasn't allowed to! ;) ) that all parents tolerate their rudeness. Maybe I mix in the correct social circles but I rarely if ever come across rude kids nowadays! I come across very chatty and assertive kids and that is how I hope mine will be but I do know when enough is enough and time to remove them from a situation. As regards 'seen and not heard' on our Thomson cruise Mai was most certainly seen and heard!!! but I think to the amusement rather than to the annoyance of other passengers!

Oh dear, comprehension is an art form and you have miscomprehended and misquoted me. nowhere have I said ALL parents tolerate rudness so to that end I have and shall generalise (I'm a mod :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: so I can ).

I did also metion that I tried to not have my kids being a disturbance, so, if people appreciate Mai's behaviour that is not a disturbance and so it is perfectly accepable. The social circles you mix in are probably not " social circles " in actual fact but congregations of like minded people, i.e. parents with young kids, which is good for the kids' social developement provided they are still behaviourly controlled by the adults in that congregation.
My experience is that they often are left to run amock whilst the parents prop up the bar and there may be the root of many problems.

I'm sure Mai is a charming little angel, just as both my kids were, but then I do have a pair of rose-tinted glasses
Skiing comes 1st; Cruising a close 2nd

Image Image Image


Image Image Image Image
User avatar
Skier Pete
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
 
Posts: 5574
Joined: 28 Feb 2011 13:37
Location: Caerphilly
National Flag:
England

CMV don't want my kids on board - Ryanair do!!!

Postby Dave » 04 Jul 2014 06:24

tomvet wrote:Picture tells a 1000 words!


Indeed it does. 'Priority Boarding'?.. :think:

Isn't that discriminating against passengers without children? :evil:

I don't care though because I doubt I'd use that airline anyway.

(Note: I've used 'discriminating' in the general, not legal, sense! ;) )
Dave
Image
Booked cruise: Marella Explorer - Caribbean, Christmas 2018
Booked walking holidays: Easter: Cotswolds; Summer: Kintyre & Islay
User avatar
Dave
Mutineer
Mutineer
 
Posts: 12766
Joined: 24 Feb 2011 15:25
Location: Whitstable
National Flag:
United Kingdom

CMV don't want my kids on board - Ryanair do!!!

Postby tomvet » 04 Jul 2014 07:24

Dave wrote:
tomvet wrote:Picture tells a 1000 words!


Indeed it does. 'Priority Boarding'?.. :think:

Isn't that discriminating against passengers [b]without children?[/b] :evil:

I don't care though because I doubt I'd use that airline anyway.

(Note: I've used 'discriminating' in the general, not legal, sense! ;) )


Not at all Dave! Anyone can have priority boarding if they pay for it its just kids get it for half price. Their parents pay the full whack the same as the person who has no children - therefore the person with / without kids are treated identically!
Image
October 18 - MSC Opera - Marseille - Mahon - Cagliari - Valetta - Messina - Naples - Genoa
December 18 - A-ROSA Aqua - Cologne - Mannheim - Kehl (Strasbourg) - Mainz - Cologne
October 19 - A-ROSA Luna - Lyon- Viviers - Arles - Avignon - Vienne - Lyon
tomvet
Admiral
Admiral
 
Posts: 13688
Joined: 01 May 2011 13:15
National Flag:
Ireland

CMV don't want my kids on board - Ryanair do!!!

Postby Dave » 04 Jul 2014 07:43

tomvet wrote:
Not at all Dave! Anyone can have priority boarding if they pay for it its just kids get it for half price. Their parents pay the full whack the same as the person who has no children - therefore the person with / without kids are treated identically!


Ah, I see. Ryanair doesn't discriminate in favour of adults with children, they discriminate in favour of children! ;)
Dave
Image
Booked cruise: Marella Explorer - Caribbean, Christmas 2018
Booked walking holidays: Easter: Cotswolds; Summer: Kintyre & Islay
User avatar
Dave
Mutineer
Mutineer
 
Posts: 12766
Joined: 24 Feb 2011 15:25
Location: Whitstable
National Flag:
United Kingdom

CMV don't want my kids on board - Ryanair do!!!

Postby tomvet » 04 Jul 2014 07:52

Dave wrote:
tomvet wrote:
Not at all Dave! Anyone can have priority boarding if they pay for it its just kids get it for half price. Their parents pay the full whack the same as the person who has no children - therefore the person with / without kids are treated identically!


Ah, I see. Ryanair doesn't discriminate in favour of adults with children, they discriminate in favour of children! ;)


Well if you think that, then every reduced kids entry is discrimination in favour of kids as is reduced entry for pensioners discrimination in their favour!
Image
October 18 - MSC Opera - Marseille - Mahon - Cagliari - Valetta - Messina - Naples - Genoa
December 18 - A-ROSA Aqua - Cologne - Mannheim - Kehl (Strasbourg) - Mainz - Cologne
October 19 - A-ROSA Luna - Lyon- Viviers - Arles - Avignon - Vienne - Lyon
tomvet
Admiral
Admiral
 
Posts: 13688
Joined: 01 May 2011 13:15
National Flag:
Ireland

Re: CMV don't want my kids on board - Ryanair do!!!

Postby khkate » 04 Jul 2014 08:46

Maybe you can have a chat with Mr. Ryanair Tom and ask him to start a Ryanship - then no doubt there will be a cruise line that meeds all your needs - child-friendly, sails from Ireland, priority boarding for the children, etc.

you ought to be really grateful that we all want different things as otherwise we would all be together on the same ship going to the same place whether you like it or not!
Future Cruises - Baltics, Canaries Canada, Med, Scandinavia, UK
khkate
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
 
Posts: 3399
Joined: 03 May 2013 19:30
Location: UK

CMV don't want my kids on board - Ryanair do!!!

Postby Dave » 04 Jul 2014 09:04

tomvet wrote:
Dave wrote:
Ah, I see. Ryanair doesn't discriminate in favour of adults with children, they discriminate in favour of children! ;)


Well if you think that, then every reduced kids entry is discrimination in favour of kids as is reduced entry for pensioners discrimination in their favour!


I wondered if you'd mention pensioners Tom. Didn't you once argue against discrimination in favour of pensioners? ;)
Dave
Image
Booked cruise: Marella Explorer - Caribbean, Christmas 2018
Booked walking holidays: Easter: Cotswolds; Summer: Kintyre & Islay
User avatar
Dave
Mutineer
Mutineer
 
Posts: 12766
Joined: 24 Feb 2011 15:25
Location: Whitstable
National Flag:
United Kingdom

Next

  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to CMV



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest