Cruising Mates Forum: Cruise reviews, chat, answers and information. cruisingmates.co.uk • View topic - CMV Funchal

CMV Funchal

CMV Funchal

Postby tomvet » 07 Aug 2014 18:20

Had any one noticed that the Funchal will be joining the CMV fleet for two cruises in October - seems a bit odd :? I wonder if she is on a trial run.

SEE HERE

Click here for Funchal's exclusive limited edition programme and prices

At 475 passengers - is she the smallest cruise ship sailing ex UK?
Image
October 18 - MSC Opera - Marseille - Mahon - Cagliari - Valetta - Messina - Naples - Genoa
December 18 - A-ROSA Aqua - Cologne - Mannheim - Kehl (Strasbourg) - Mainz - Cologne
October 19 - A-ROSA Luna - Lyon- Viviers - Arles - Avignon - Vienne - Lyon
tomvet
Admiral
Admiral
 
Posts: 13688
Joined: 01 May 2011 13:15
National Flag:
Ireland

CMV Funchal

Postby Peka » 07 Aug 2014 18:29

tomvet wrote:Had any one noticed that the Funchal will be joining the CMV fleet for two cruises in October - seems a bit odd :? I wonder if she is on a trial run.

SEE HERE

Click here for Funchal's exclusive limited edition programme and prices

At 475 passengers - is she the smallest cruise ship sailing ex UK?

What about the Hebridean Princess ;)
Peka

Booked: Adriatic 2019 / Black Watch


User avatar
Peka
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
 
Posts: 5943
Joined: 23 Sep 2012 12:13
Location: Áfram Ísland!
National Flag:
Iceland

CMV Funchal

Postby tomvet » 07 Aug 2014 18:38

Peka wrote:
tomvet wrote:Had any one noticed that the Funchal will be joining the CMV fleet for two cruises in October - seems a bit odd :? I wonder if she is on a trial run.

SEE HERE

Click here for Funchal's exclusive limited edition programme and prices

At 475 passengers - is she the smallest cruise ship sailing ex UK?

What about the Hebridean Princess ;)


..................and the Edward Elgar!!!
Image
October 18 - MSC Opera - Marseille - Mahon - Cagliari - Valetta - Messina - Naples - Genoa
December 18 - A-ROSA Aqua - Cologne - Mannheim - Kehl (Strasbourg) - Mainz - Cologne
October 19 - A-ROSA Luna - Lyon- Viviers - Arles - Avignon - Vienne - Lyon
tomvet
Admiral
Admiral
 
Posts: 13688
Joined: 01 May 2011 13:15
National Flag:
Ireland

Re: CMV Funchal

Postby khkate » 08 Aug 2014 13:48

Saga Pearl 2 - 449 passengers!
Future Cruises - Baltics, Canaries Canada, Med, Scandinavia, UK
khkate
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
 
Posts: 3399
Joined: 03 May 2013 19:30
Location: UK

Re: CMV Funchal

Postby jocap » 08 Aug 2014 19:04

It will be interesting to see what happens next- she's a good looking little ship.
Jo.

19 Cruises; 10 ships; 7 lines; 89 ports
User avatar
jocap
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
 
Posts: 6880
Joined: 08 Mar 2011 22:11
Location: Seascale, Cumbria
National Flag:
United Kingdom

Re: CMV Funchal

Postby Jeffo » 09 Aug 2014 07:11

"Originally Funchal was built as the Portuguese Presidential Yacht, for Salazar. She entered service in 1961. A dual purpose mail/passenger ship, but was rebuilt as a one-class cruise ship in 1972-73. The ship often operates under charter to various tour packagers and operators." (from Berlitz Guide to Cruising).
Previous Cruises :
Black Watch (4), Braemar (8), Boudicca (1), Balmoral (1), Adonia (1), Saga Sapphire (1) Saga Ruby (1) Astoria (1)
User avatar
Jeffo
Commodore
Commodore
 
Posts: 1285
Joined: 12 May 2013 08:20
Location: Bournemouth
National Flag:
United Kingdom

Re: CMV Funchal

Postby tomvet » 09 Aug 2014 09:55

She might permanently fly under the CMV umbrella but hopefully not as an adult only ship!!
Image
October 18 - MSC Opera - Marseille - Mahon - Cagliari - Valetta - Messina - Naples - Genoa
December 18 - A-ROSA Aqua - Cologne - Mannheim - Kehl (Strasbourg) - Mainz - Cologne
October 19 - A-ROSA Luna - Lyon- Viviers - Arles - Avignon - Vienne - Lyon
tomvet
Admiral
Admiral
 
Posts: 13688
Joined: 01 May 2011 13:15
National Flag:
Ireland

Re: CMV Funchal

Postby Peka » 11 Aug 2014 22:48

tomvet wrote:She might permanently fly under the CMV umbrella but hopefully not as an adult only ship!!

but it would be wouldn't it :|
Peka

Booked: Adriatic 2019 / Black Watch


User avatar
Peka
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
 
Posts: 5943
Joined: 23 Sep 2012 12:13
Location: Áfram Ísland!
National Flag:
Iceland


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to CMV



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest