Cruising Mates Forum: Cruise reviews, chat, answers and information. cruisingmates.co.uk • View topic - Marco Polo?

Marco Polo?

Re: Marco Polo?

Postby Peka » 04 Apr 2015 21:18

Am.not.surprised. :roll:

When you hear the crew saying "ahh this ship could sail for another 50 years!" it is surely doomed! :|

Reading description and looking at photos, it sounds very much like Marco Polo. Wonder if this means Magellan could be taking over as flagship for CMV fleet.

It is definitely Marco Polo and yes Magellan is their new flagship. Let's just say that people were not happy on the cruise about the fact Magellan was being pushed so much and the way we were literally bumped out of ports in favour of them (not strictly true, but the way they were planning to get the ships together out at sea for the elcipse and making a big fuss of it.. CMV were alll oooh this is amazing and lots of the passengers were not amused :silent:

Review to come :oops: but it will take some time sorry :(
Peka

Peka
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Re: Marco Polo?

Postby Hannah » 05 Apr 2015 10:59

Think CMV have a ship called Astor too as a couple we met on RSA Grand Voyage in October are sailing on her at the moment from Perth (Oz) to Tilbury. Shame because we sailed on Marco Polo some yrs ago under Orient Lines and had a really good time.
ImageImage
Hannah
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Marco Polo?

Postby khkate » 05 Apr 2015 11:48

Mungo wrote:Is that Saga Ruby for sale too I can see. :shock: I thought she'd only just been sold?

Initially when looking at the site, I thought it was Saga Ruby too but she is still vegetating in Thailand. I think it is one of the Portuscale ships (like Azores andFunchal) as that cruise line is based in Portugal (Lisbon) and they have gone into administration. THeor livery does make them very similar to the old Saga livery of the yellow funeel that Ruby had/still has.
CRUISES BOOKED:
Spirit of Discovery - Oct 2019, Feb 2020, April 2020, August 2020, Dec 2020
Spirit of Adventure - September 2020
khkate
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Marco Polo?

Postby Mungo » 05 Apr 2015 16:10

Ship for sale and Saga Ruby....... They sadly look the same. :(
image.jpg

image.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Aurora and Ventura October 2019
Britannia March 2020
Iona July 2020
Arcadia December 2020
Mungo
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Marco Polo?

Postby JollyJill » 05 Apr 2015 16:15

Mungo wrote:Ship for sale and Saga Ruby....... They sadly look the same. :(

Identical in fact?

36 cruises on 26 ships.

JollyJill
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Marco Polo?

Postby Mungo » 05 Apr 2015 16:23

Yes Jill....... :(

I had read she was going to become a floating hotel in Burma. I wonder what now.? Sad as she is the last UK built cruise ship.
Britannia March 2020
Iona July 2020
Arcadia December 2020
Mungo
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Marco Polo?

Postby JollyJill » 05 Apr 2015 16:27

Mungo wrote:Yes Jill....... :(

I had read she was going to become a floating hotel in Burma. I wonder what now.? Sad as she is the last UK built cruise ship.

It is sad Sue but Discovery has gone off to the knackers yard which is worse. :(

36 cruises on 26 ships.

JollyJill
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Marco Polo?

Postby Mungo » 05 Apr 2015 16:29

JollyJill wrote:
Mungo wrote:Yes Jill....... :(

It is sad Sue but Discovery has gone off to the knackers yard which is worse. :(

Oh dear......... :( I do hate it when ships are scrapped.
Britannia March 2020
Iona July 2020
Arcadia December 2020
Mungo
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Marco Polo?

Postby Peka » 05 Apr 2015 16:52

khkate wrote:
Mungo wrote:Is that Saga Ruby for sale too I can see. :shock: I thought she'd only just been sold?

Initially when looking at the site, I thought it was Saga Ruby too but she is still vegetating in Thailand. I think it is one of the Portuscale ships (like Azores andFunchal) as that cruise line is based in Portugal (Lisbon) and they have gone into administration. THeor livery does make them very similar to the old Saga livery of the yellow funeel that Ruby had/still has.

I have to say that I think it is Ruby, I have searched photos and it throws up the same images. The sale says Thailand as where the ship currently is and that is was in service since 1973 which also matches Ruby's current/history fate.

We should be ship detectives :lol:
Peka

Peka
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Marco Polo?

Postby Trace » 05 Apr 2015 18:32

I'm just watching Mighy Cruise Ships on Quest at the mo, it's a Marco Polo cruise that it is featuring, on a Baltic cruise.
Tracey :-)
Trace
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

National Flag:
United Kingdom

PreviousNext

Return to CMV