Cruising Mates Forum: Cruise reviews, chat, answers and information. cruisingmates.co.uk • View topic - Booked: Phoenix Reisen M/S Sofia Danube Cruise

Booked: Phoenix Reisen M/S Sofia Danube Cruise

Re: Booked: Phoenix Reisen M/S Sofia Danube Cruise

Postby tomvet » 06 Jun 2016 22:14

dst87 wrote:....................... I look forward to hearing how you get on!

I am sure it will be like everyone else via the gangway ........................ :D
April 18 - Phoenix Reisen M/S Asara - Cologne - Amsterdam - Ijsselmeer - Hoorn - Rotterdam - Gorinchem - Arnheim - Cologne
October 18 - MSC Opera - Marseille - Mahon - Cagliari - Valetta - Messina - Naples - Genoa
December 18 - A-ROSA Aqua - Cologne - Mannheim - Kehl (Strasbourg) - Mainz - Cologne
tomvet
Admiral
Admiral

National Flag:
Ireland

Postby tomvet » 06 Jun 2016 22:17

Peka wrote::clap: Yay! I reckon this will be another Cruising Mates first! :mrgreen:

I think so Peka! We are all Phoenix Reisen virgins and I am the Phoenix Reisen guinea pig! Can't wait to try something completely different in every way! We shall have fun reading the menus in German :D I think we will let everyone else order first and then we will order on the basis of 'I'll have whatever he / she is having'

I love being able to have a forthcoming cruise in my signature! :D

Signature.png

I have put in in my Cruise-Ships.com ticker but M/S Sofia is not listed and the only ports listed are Passau, Vienna and Budapest - No Bratislava! :shock: :cry:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
April 18 - Phoenix Reisen M/S Asara - Cologne - Amsterdam - Ijsselmeer - Hoorn - Rotterdam - Gorinchem - Arnheim - Cologne
October 18 - MSC Opera - Marseille - Mahon - Cagliari - Valetta - Messina - Naples - Genoa
December 18 - A-ROSA Aqua - Cologne - Mannheim - Kehl (Strasbourg) - Mainz - Cologne
tomvet
Admiral
Admiral

National Flag:
Ireland

Postby octocruiser » 06 Jun 2016 22:30

tomvets wrote:
Peka wrote::clap: Yay! I reckon this will be another Cruising Mates first! :mrgreen:

I think so Peka! We are all Phoenix Reisen virgins and I am the Phoenix Reisen guinea pig! Can't wait to try something completely different in every way! We shall have fun reading the menus in German :D

OMG Tom :o That sounds ominous ! What are they going to do to you ?

Guinea pigs sometimes come out of experiments looking a different colour to when they went in - and even come out with bits missing - or even extra bits :o

Have you got a compensation clause in the contract? :lol:
octocruiser
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

National Flag:
England

Postby tomvet » 06 Jun 2016 22:51

octocruiser wrote:
tomvets wrote:

I think so Peka! We are all Phoenix Reisen virgins and I am the Phoenix Reisen guinea pig! Can't wait to try something completely different in every way! We shall have fun reading the menus in German :D

OMG Tom :o That sounds ominous ! What are they going to do to you ?

Guinea pigs sometimes come out of experiments looking a different colour to when they went in - and even come out with bits missing - or even extra bits :o

Have you got a compensation clause in the contract? :lol:

Feed me lots of Eis! ;) The compensation is being on a cruise Kath!
tomvet
Admiral
Admiral

National Flag:
Ireland

Postby sevenseascoaster » 07 Jun 2016 00:34

Certainly will be a different experience for you all to enjoy Tom, but then you're family are the 'Kings of adventure', and I'm sure Mai will come back with a new vocabulary :D The children must be the most travelled in Ireland, do they all have their own passports? what a collection of stamps they must have in them!
Wen

Tried 19 different Ships and many many cruises, and hopefully more to come!
I haven't been everywhere, but its on my list!
sevenseascoaster
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

National Flag:
England

Postby tomvet » 07 Jun 2016 01:15

sevenseascoaster wrote:Certainly will be a different experience for you all to enjoy Tom, but then you're family are the 'Kings of adventure', and I'm sure Mai will come back with a new vocabulary :D The children must be the most travelled in Ireland, do they all have their own passports? what a collection of stamps they must have in them!

Yes Wen, they have their own passports, I don't think it is possible for kids to travel without one nowadays. Actually Mai is on her third passport.

As most of their travel has been within the European Union they have very few stamps - just those collected in the Middle East.

You have reminded me of something though. Una and Aisling's passports are up 15th July 2017. We disembark in April 2017. As it is all EU travel, there should be no problem - better check that the cruise line does not have a policy of 3 / 6 months validity.

Now! Should you not be in bed? Don't you have a plane and cruise ship to catch tomorrow? :D

Enjoy!
tomvet
Admiral
Admiral

National Flag:
Ireland

Postby tomvet » 07 Jun 2016 01:23

Trace wrote:Wow Tom do you ever stop!! How many cruises has Mai done now? I know she cruised before the twins came along. I hope you keep diaries/ notes of them all for when the girls are grown up.

Never thought about a river cruise, hubby fancies trying one but I aren't sure, I don't know why... Maybe as I like the Med/Adraitic area, for a bit of sun?

Look forward to hearing more about it :)

Well if you ask her! She counts them on her fingers and lists them in order

MSC Fantasia
    MSC Lirica
    Boudicca
    Thomson the Spirit :roll:
    Costa Pacifica
    Costa Serena
    Costa Favolosa
    MSC Opera
    Costa Mediterranea
............ and now M/S Sofia

So that will be 10 at the age of 5!!!!! :D

Oh dear! She will run out of fingers to count now!!! :lol:

We look at the pictures on a nightly basis - different cruise each night and when I read a story to her in bed, it is from my imaginary book and it starts of with 'Once upon a time there was a little girl called Mai. Mai and her sisters Aisling and Una and their Mammy and Daddy went on a cruise on ............... and the story continues about what we did each day .................' Thankfully we have never done a 105 night Worldie ................!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

It will Aisling and Una's 6th at the age of 3!!!! :D
tomvet
Admiral
Admiral

National Flag:
Ireland

Postby tobysgranny » 07 Jun 2016 01:44

Sounds wonderful Tom. Like everyone else we keep thinking about doing one but havn't got around to booking anything.

Joan.

P.s. In case you are wondering what I'm doing awake at this time, unfortunately my next door neighbour has got all his garden lights on, and there are lots of them and they are very bright. I suspect he has gone to bed and forgot to turn them off. It's worse than Blackpool illuminations out there. I'm sure the whole neighbourhood must be awake too!
Queen Victoria Nov. 2018.
tobysgranny
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

National Flag:
Scotland

Postby dst87 » 07 Jun 2016 07:13

I don't know if the lines you're traveling on offer kids the same loyalty status as their parents at the point they turn 16/18 or whatever, but if so you're children are going to be the youngest top tier club members by the time they're older!
Duncan S

Upcoming cruises:
09/16 - MSC Splendida (Northern Europe)

Previous cruises: See my blog!
dst87
Captain
Captain

National Flag:
Scotland

Postby Jimmy the One » 07 Jun 2016 08:21

I'm sure Mai and the twins will be the centre of attraction :thumbup: :D
Im just a soul whose intentions are good Oh lord please dont let me be misunderstood

Jimmy the One
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

National Flag:
Scotland

PreviousNext