Cruising Mates Forum: Cruise reviews, chat, answers and information. cruisingmates.co.uk • View topic - Booked: Phoenix Reisen M/S Sofia Danube Cruise

Booked: Phoenix Reisen M/S Sofia Danube Cruise

Postby Peka » 07 Jun 2016 08:32

tomvet wrote:
Trace wrote:Wow Tom do you ever stop!! How many cruises has Mai done now? I know she cruised before the twins came along. I hope you keep diaries/ notes of them all for when the girls are grown up.

Never thought about a river cruise, hubby fancies trying one but I aren't sure, I don't know why... Maybe as I like the Med/Adraitic area, for a bit of sun?

Look forward to hearing more about it :)

Well if you ask her! She counts them on her fingers and lists them in order

MSC Fantasia
    MSC Lirica
    Boudicca
    Thomson the Spirit :roll:
    Costa Pacifica
    Costa Serena
    Costa Favolosa
    MSC Opera
    Costa Mediterranea
............ and now M/S Sofia

So that will be 10 at the age of 5!!!!! :D

Oh dear! She will run out of fingers to count now!!! :lol:

We look at the pictures on a nightly basis - different cruise each night and when I read a story to her in bed, it is from my imaginary book and it starts of with 'Once upon a time there was a little girl called Mai. Mai and her sisters Aisling and Una and their Mammy and Daddy went on a cruise on ............... and the story continues about what we did each day .................' Thankfully we have never done a 105 night Worldie ................!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

It will Aisling and Una's 6th at the age of 3!!!! :D

Very lucky little girls :) More cruises than me and probably more than anyone else on the forum (at their age!)
Peka
Peka
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

National Flag:
Iceland

Re: Booked: Phoenix Reisen M/S Sofia Danube Cruise

Postby tomvet » 07 Jun 2016 09:32

dst87 wrote:I don't know if the lines you're traveling on offer kids the same loyalty status as their parents at the point they turn 16/18 or whatever, but if so you're children are going to be the youngest top tier club members by the time they're older!

Yes and No! MSC do allow kids join Voyageurs Club and they do accrue and enjoy benefits.

Costa do not as far as I know.

Phoneix Reisen - your guess is as good as mine! :lol: :lol:
April 18 - Phoenix Reisen M/S Asara - Cologne - Amsterdam - Ijsselmeer - Hoorn - Rotterdam - Gorinchem - Arnheim - Cologne
October 18 - MSC Opera - Marseille - Mahon - Cagliari - Valetta - Messina - Naples - Genoa
December 18 - A-ROSA Aqua - Cologne - Mannheim - Kehl (Strasbourg) - Mainz - Cologne
tomvet
Admiral
Admiral

National Flag:
Ireland

Postby Trace » 07 Jun 2016 11:50

tomvet wrote:
Trace wrote:Wow Tom do you ever stop!! How many cruises has Mai done now? I know she cruised before the twins came along. I hope you keep diaries/ notes of them all for when the girls are grown up.

Never thought about a river cruise, hubby fancies trying one but I aren't sure, I don't know why... Maybe as I like the Med/Adraitic area, for a bit of sun?

Look forward to hearing more about it :)

Well if you ask her! She counts them on her fingers and lists them in order

MSC Fantasia
    MSC Lirica
    Boudicca
    Thomson the Spirit :roll:
    Costa Pacifica
    Costa Serena
    Costa Favolosa
    MSC Opera
    Costa Mediterranea
............ and now M/S Sofia

So that will be 10 at the age of 5!!!!! :D

Oh dear! She will run out of fingers to count now!!! :lol:

We look at the pictures on a nightly basis - different cruise each night and when I read a story to her in bed, it is from my imaginary book and it starts of with 'Once upon a time there was a little girl called Mai. Mai and her sisters Aisling and Una and their Mammy and Daddy went on a cruise on ............... and the story continues about what we did each day .................' Thankfully we have never done a 105 night Worldie ................!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

It will Aisling and Una's 6th at the age of 3!!!! :D

Oh my word what lucky girls... And what a lovely way to do bedtime stories!! We used to do 'made up' stories too, usually started ' one sunny day....' And my two liked it to be about somewhere we had been (usually camping or caravanning... Nothing as grand as cruising...) Now I do it when I babysit for my grandchildren, little granddaughter, 7 , likes it to be about mummy and daddy's wedding day.
Mai will have to start using her toes to count them soon.... And how good is she for remembering all the ships names... My hubby has to ask me, and we have only been on 6 ships :lol:
As Jimmy said they will be the centre of attention for sure :)
Tracey :-)
Trace
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby tomvet » 07 Jun 2016 18:06

That is my only concern - how to keep them entertained without a large theatre and the smaller ship will make it harder to get away from the folk, they may be annoying.
April 18 - Phoenix Reisen M/S Asara - Cologne - Amsterdam - Ijsselmeer - Hoorn - Rotterdam - Gorinchem - Arnheim - Cologne
October 18 - MSC Opera - Marseille - Mahon - Cagliari - Valetta - Messina - Naples - Genoa
December 18 - A-ROSA Aqua - Cologne - Mannheim - Kehl (Strasbourg) - Mainz - Cologne
tomvet
Admiral
Admiral

National Flag:
Ireland

Postby Trace » 07 Jun 2016 18:36

I wouldn't worry at all Tom, your girls, from what I have seen, are really good girls and a credit to you and Mrs TV, I love to see children on any holiday having fun, ok some people can be grouchy... That's their problem :lol:

I'm sure they will be fine, but sometimes (with our grandchildren..) new colouring books and crayons fill in gaps... Just a thought x
Tracey :-)
Trace
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby tomvet » 08 Jun 2016 23:43

The joys of booking in a language that you cannot understand.

The invoices for the deposit arrived today so I paid via SEPA. Needless to mention I made a booboo. Both deposits are now assigned to my cabin and OH's cabin is still awaiting payment of deposit! Looks like I am going and she's not! [Anyhow after receiving a speeding ticket today, she doesn't deserve to go!!! :silent: ]

No doubt my very capable travel agent 5€a5cann€r.com will sort it out.

Just for info. On Cruise critic you cannot spell seascanner - they ********* it out :o but if you spell as above they don't seem to notice.
tomvet
Admiral
Admiral

National Flag:
Ireland

Postby tomvet » 10 Jun 2016 21:51

tomvet wrote:The joys of booking in a language that you cannot understand.

The invoices for the deposit arrived today so I paid via SEPA. Needless to mention I made a booboo. Both deposits are now assigned to my cabin and OH's cabin is still awaiting payment of deposit! Looks like I am going and she's not! [Anyhow after receiving a speeding ticket today, she doesn't deserve to go!!! :silent: ]

No doubt my very capable travel agent 5€a5cann€r.com will sort it out.

Just for info. On Cruise critic you cannot spell seascanner - they ********* it out :o but if you spell as above they don't seem to notice.

Correction - they do notice I just received a ticking off! :lol: :lol:
tomvet
Admiral
Admiral

National Flag:
Ireland

Re: Booked: Phoenix Reisen M/S Sofia Danube Cruise

Postby tomvet » 11 Jun 2016 11:41

An idea of what we can look forward to on M/S Sofia

The bar menu. Prices for coffee are reasonable - our €150 OBC should stretch a good way!

Not M/S Sofia but M/S Amelia, a sister ship.

Definitely something to look forward to!
tomvet
Admiral
Admiral

National Flag:
Ireland

Postby JollyJill » 11 Jun 2016 13:21

Looks lovely Tom.

It is a cruise we would consider but are keeping next years free at the moment. ;)

36 cruises on 26 ships.

JollyJill
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby tomvet » 11 Jun 2016 15:18

JollyJill wrote:Looks lovely Tom.

It is a cruise we would consider but are keeping next years free at the moment. ;)

:think: :think: :think: :think: :think:
tomvet
Admiral
Admiral

National Flag:
Ireland

PreviousNext