Cruising Mates Forum: Cruise reviews, chat, answers and information. cruisingmates.co.uk • View topic - Review: Family from Hell enjoy their three rivers Christmas Market cruise with M/S Aurelia

Review: Family from Hell enjoy their three rivers Christmas Market cruise with M/S Aurelia

Re: Review: Family from Hell enjoy their three rivers Christmas Market cruise with M/S Aurelia

Postby Peka » 08 Dec 2017 18:18

Fabulous review a lovely read, looked a wonderful time! So many little touches that added to the experience well done PR! :clap: :clap: A special pre Christmas treat and way better than school ;) and well done Mai on looking after your sisters. x

Who wouldn't want to part of this "family from hell" the girls are all so grown up from :shock: well it has been 2 years since I saw them!

Hi to all :wave:
Peka
8 trips ¦ 5 ships ¦ 53 ports
Booked: Adriatic 2019
Peka
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

National Flag:
Iceland

Review: Family from Hell enjoy their three rivers Christmas Market cruise with M/S Aurelia

Postby Jimmy the One » 08 Dec 2017 18:25

Terrific review Tom great read and the photos of the girls they are growing up fast,sounds like they charmed the crew as usual.Not bad going for the family from hell.Hope Mrs TV enjoyed her break as well.All the best to you and the family for Christmas and 2018
Jim
Im just a soul whose intentions are good Oh lord please dont let me be misunderstood

Jimmy the One
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

National Flag:
Scotland

Postby tomvet » 08 Dec 2017 23:08

avidcruiser wrote:Thanks for your review Tom.

Memories are made of such. You will have no regrets, in years to come, when they grow and fly the nest. We did the same, gave them experiences to remember.

Absolutely Avid, giving the kids the gift of an experience is the gift that keeps on giving!
October 18 - MSC Opera - Marseille - Mahon - Cagliari - Valetta - Messina - Naples - Genoa
December 18 - A-ROSA Aqua - Cologne - Mannheim - Kehl (Strasbourg) - Mainz - Cologne
October 19 - A-ROSA Luna - Lyon- Viviers - Arles - Avignon - Vienne - Lyon
tomvet
Admiral
Admiral

National Flag:
Ireland

Postby tomvet » 08 Dec 2017 23:13

tobysgranny wrote:This morning I woke up very early and had a quick look at my iPad to check the time and there was a notification from Tapatalk regarding a Christmas Markets river cruise taken by ‘The Family From Hell’. Without sounding rude I guessed this was about Tomvet and family so I had to read it. I’m so glad I did. As usual Tom gave a wonderful review of his cruise and I was enthralled, especially with the pictures of his beautiful three girls. Once again Tom your pictures were super.

When I read the replies to Tom’s review it was like meeting up with old friends and regretted immediately not keeping in touch this year.

Richard and I are well settle down into life in South Wales and have not regretted moving here. We have not taken any cruises this year but hopefully we will next year (that is is the tax Man leaves us any money in January haha!)

Look forward to keeping in touch and would like to take this opportunity to wish you all and your families a wonderful Christmas.

Joan

Welcome back Joan, good to hear from you.
October 18 - MSC Opera - Marseille - Mahon - Cagliari - Valetta - Messina - Naples - Genoa
December 18 - A-ROSA Aqua - Cologne - Mannheim - Kehl (Strasbourg) - Mainz - Cologne
tomvet
Admiral
Admiral

National Flag:
Ireland

Re: Review: Family from Hell enjoy their three rivers Christmas Market cruise with M/S Aurelia

Postby tomvet » 08 Dec 2017 23:16

Seamouse wrote:Just got around to reading your review, with lovely photos, of your Christmas Markets River Cruise. It certainly all looks very festive. You cannot beat a bit of Stollen, or Gluhwein - yum! Well done to Mai for helping Daddy so much. I hope you enjoy your next River Cruise as much as this one. Look forward to reading about it.

Hi Chris - I didn't realise there were so many variations on the Stollen theme - it is delicious. In fact all food at the Christmas Markets is delicious.

Because our next cruise is with PR, I know we will enjoy it - we couldn't not!
tomvet
Admiral
Admiral

National Flag:
Ireland

Postby tomvet » 08 Dec 2017 23:17

Peka wrote:Fabulous review a lovely read, looked a wonderful time! So many little touches that added to the experience well done PR! :clap: :clap: A special pre Christmas treat and way better than school ;) and well done Mai on looking after your sisters. x

Who wouldn't want to part of this "family from hell" the girls are all so grown up from :shock: well it has been 2 years since I saw them!

Hi to all :wave:

Crikey, where did those 2 years go! Welcome back!
tomvet
Admiral
Admiral

National Flag:
Ireland

Postby tomvet » 08 Dec 2017 23:18

Jimmy the One wrote:Terrific review Tom great read and the photos of the girls they are growing up fast,sounds like they charmed the crew as usual.Not bad going for the family from hell.Hope Mrs TV enjoyed her break as well.All the best to you and the family for Christmas and 2018
Jim

Many Happy returns to you and Sheena, Jimmy.
tomvet
Admiral
Admiral

National Flag:
Ireland

Postby Trace » 09 Dec 2017 19:29

Can I add... What a lovely caring big sister Mai is... I bet the twins really look up to her and as they all grow up together will all remain close. Nothing like a close family.
As Avid said, you are, as parents, giving your children fabulous family experiences that will stay in your memories for ever. Precious times Tom, enjoy and cherish every moment. :)
Tracey :-)
Trace
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby Mungo » 10 Dec 2017 11:13

Wow! What a super read! Thank you Tom. Looks like a great time was had. :thumbup:
Mungo
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby tomvet » 10 Dec 2017 11:55

Trace wrote:Can I add... What a lovely caring big sister Mai is... I bet the twins really look up to her and as they all grow up together will all remain close. Nothing like a close family.
As Avid said, you are, as parents, giving your children fabulous family experiences that will stay in your memories for ever. Precious times Tom, enjoy and cherish every moment. :)

TBH Trace, I dont think I could have managed without her. She hauled cases and ruck sacks, had great patience taking the other two to the loo for the nth time every day etc etc. She religiously kept up with her school reading every day (well there was an incentive that if she did it, she would get a spin on the Merry-go-round [subject to availability] of course!! :lol: ]).

Being selfish about it, there I have a great sense of acheivement coz anyone else that knows I took them thinks I have taken leave of my senses - but the differences is that our kids are used to it and actually like being dragged from pillar to post!
tomvet
Admiral
Admiral

National Flag:
Ireland

PreviousNext

Return to Other