Cruising Mates Forum: Cruise reviews, chat, answers and information. cruisingmates.co.uk • View topic - New cruise ship designed for the Loire river.

New cruise ship designed for the Loire river.

Postby tomvet » 19 Feb 2014 21:09

From USA Today

French river cruise line CroisiEurope plans to launch what it says will be the first overnight passenger vessel on the Loire River.

The company last week unveiled plans to build a 96-passenger paddlewheel vessel, the Loire Princesse, specifically designed for overnight cruising on France's longest river.

CroisiEurope said that overnight cruising was not possible before on the Loire because of its low water levels; a vessel with a regular engine needs too much draft. A paddlewheel placed on the side of the Loire Princesse will power the boat, allowing the company to offer overnight cruises.

The new vessel will offer six- to eight-day cruises beginning in April 2015, CroisiEurope said. The 295-foot-long and 49-foot-wide Loire Princesse will have three decks and 48 outside cabins. The upper-deck cabins have balconies, and all cabins will have Wi-Fi, plasma screen TVs and minibars.

A restaurant will be able to accommodate all 96 passengers at one sitting, and a lounge bar will have a central dance floor. The vessel will boast a large sun deck.

The Loire Princesse will cruise through the Pays de la Loire region vvisiting Nantes, Saint-Nazaire, Ancenis, Angers, the Castles of the Loire, Saumur and Bouchemaine.
October 18 - MSC Opera - Marseille - Mahon - Cagliari - Valetta - Messina - Naples - Genoa
December 18 - A-ROSA Aqua - Cologne - Mannheim - Kehl (Strasbourg) - Mainz - Cologne
October 19 - A-ROSA Luna - Lyon- Viviers - Arles - Avignon - Vienne - Lyon
tomvet
Admiral
Admiral

National Flag:
Ireland

Postby Dave » 19 Feb 2014 23:03

Interesting - it's always good to see completely new itineraries. :thumbup:
Dave
Booked cruise: Marella Explorer - Caribbean, Christmas 2018
Booked walking holidays: Easter: Cotswolds; Summer: Kintyre & Islay
Dave
Mutineer
Mutineer

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Re: New cruise ship designed for the Loire river.

Postby tomvet » 20 Feb 2014 01:09

Indeed, the itinerary sounds great! Not so sure, if I like the look of the boat. Its very futuristic looking - then again one could hardly expect to see a Huckleberry Finn Paddle Steamer look a like in the Loire valley!
October 18 - MSC Opera - Marseille - Mahon - Cagliari - Valetta - Messina - Naples - Genoa
December 18 - A-ROSA Aqua - Cologne - Mannheim - Kehl (Strasbourg) - Mainz - Cologne
October 19 - A-ROSA Luna - Lyon- Viviers - Arles - Avignon - Vienne - Lyon
tomvet
Admiral
Admiral

National Flag:
Ireland

Postby Camela » 20 Feb 2014 09:16

Cruising through wine country, don't mind if I do! We really should do a river cruise I think.
"Won't you let me take you on a sea cruise"
Camela
Captain
Captain

National Flag:
England

Postby Peka » 20 Feb 2014 10:03

tomvet wrote:Indeed, the itinerary sounds great! Not so sure, if I like the look of the boat. Its very futuristic looking - then again one could hardly expect to see a Huckleberry Finn Paddle Steamer look a like in the Loire valley!

That's what I thought at first, but maybe it just the rendering ;) :lol:

maybe it would look alright in the water. :?

loire.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Peka
8 trips ¦ 5 ships ¦ 53 ports
Booked: Adriatic 2019
Peka
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

National Flag:
Iceland