Cruising Mates Forum: Cruise reviews, chat, answers and information. cruisingmates.co.uk • View topic - Twiggy to name pair of Emerald newbuilds

Twiggy to name pair of Emerald newbuilds

Twiggy to name pair of Emerald newbuilds

Postby tomvet » 05 Mar 2014 23:06

From Seatrade Insider

Reprising godmother role, Twiggy to name pair of Emerald newbuilds

Supermodel and style icon Twiggy will serve as the godmother for Emerald Waterways' Emerald Sky and Emerald Star on April 9 in Amsterdam. She brings experience as a godmother, having named Seabourn Sojourn in 2010.

Twiggy is synonymous with words like 'iconic,' 'trendsetter' and 'style,' which also describe Emerald Waterways' new 'Star Ships,' said Anna Wolfsteiner, svp international sales and distribution.

Each vessel will carry 182 passengers in 72 suites and 20 staterooms including two built for solo occupancy.

Features include two restaurants and a heated swimming pool with a retractable roof. The latter area transforms into a movie theater in the evening.

A new cabin design replaces the French balcony with an indoor balcony. Passengers push a button to open the upper half of the floor-to-ceiling window. Top suites separate the balcony from the cabin with sliding doors.

Other amenities include an on-board hairdresser, massage therapy room and fitness area.

Four itineraries are offered in 2014: 'Danube Delights,' eight days between Nuremberg and Budapest; 'Classic Prague & Danube Delights, an 11-day itinerary that adds three days Prague; 'Magical Rhine & Moselle,' 12 days between Basel and Amsterdam; and 'Splendors of Europe,' 15 days between Amsterdam and Budapest.
October 18 - MSC Opera - Marseille - Mahon - Cagliari - Valetta - Messina - Naples - Genoa
December 18 - A-ROSA Aqua - Cologne - Mannheim - Kehl (Strasbourg) - Mainz - Cologne
October 19 - A-ROSA Luna - Lyon- Viviers - Arles - Avignon - Vienne - Lyon
tomvet
Admiral
Admiral

National Flag:
Ireland

Re: Twiggy to name pair of Emerald newbuilds

Postby Camela » 06 Mar 2014 23:46

She's great, older than me and I wish I looked as good as she does!!
"Won't you let me take you on a sea cruise"
Camela
Captain
Captain

National Flag:
England

Return to Other