Cruising Mates Forum: Cruise reviews, chat, answers and information. cruisingmates.co.uk • View topic - I know I said never again but....

I know I said never again but....

Postby grannyM » 28 May 2018 17:37

sparkiethecruiser wrote:
grannyM wrote:
sparkiethecruiser wrote:Joan has posted on facebook no details as yet but she is in hospital and her lakes trip next week looks iffy.

Also she lost a case someone took it by mistake

Oh! that's a great shame. What a rotten end to a cruise. Hopefully she will be better soon and also that her suitcase is returned.

I have a mobile number for her so I've send a text wishing her well from all of us. :)

whoever took the case was going to drop it off to her they had called before they even got home so thats good but they wasted an hour looking for it

That's good news then Donna. I'm surprised it doesn't happen more often and have to confess to being the guilty party to such a mix up after a flight to Malaga. Thankfully discovered before we boarded Adventure of the Seas the next morning. I was really so embarassed. The cases were identical but I didn't check the label. :oops: :oops: :oops:
Marie
grannyM
Admiral
Admiral

National Flag:
Scotland

Postby judgegeoff » 28 May 2018 17:55

grannyM wrote:I'm surprised it doesn't happen more often and have to confess to being the guilty party to such a mix up after a flight to Malaga. Thankfully discovered before we boarded Adventure of the Seas the next morning. I was really so embarassed. The cases were identical but I didn't check the label. :oops: :oops: :oops:

We have a coloured strap around our cases and also tie coloured ribbons around the handles, but still check the labels to make absolutely sure. Additionally, Chris' case is rather unique as we have never seen another like it in all our travels (but it still gets the strap and ribbon treatment, just in case).
Geoff

Booked cruise :-
"MSC Orchestra" - Cape Town to Venice 2020 (now virtual)
judgegeoff
Powder Monkey
Powder Monkey

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby grannyM » 29 May 2018 10:16

judgegeoff wrote:
grannyM wrote:I'm surprised it doesn't happen more often and have to confess to being the guilty party to such a mix up after a flight to Malaga. Thankfully discovered before we boarded Adventure of the Seas the next morning. I was really so embarassed. The cases were identical but I didn't check the label. :oops: :oops: :oops:

We have a coloured strap around our cases and also tie coloured ribbons around the handles, but still check the labels to make absolutely sure. Additionally, Chris' case is rather unique as we have never seen another like it in all our travels (but it still gets the strap and ribbon treatment, just in case).

Yes, straps, ribbons, different cases. Lesson was learned Geoff. ;)
Marie
grannyM
Admiral
Admiral

National Flag:
Scotland

Postby Gillzajoker » 29 May 2018 14:21

judgegeoff wrote:

I'm with you on that, Geoff - black case, blue strap, purple ribbons round both handles and of course the essential label. But, I agree, so easily done. :D

Hope Joan is OK!
Gillzajoker
Admiral
Admiral

National Flag:
Spain

Re: I know I said never again but....

Postby Peka » 29 May 2018 14:46

Oranges ribbons on my case!

Get well Joan!
Peka

Peka
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby sparkiethecruiser » 29 May 2018 18:07

once all the labels had came off one of our cases Johnathan was mortified when i opened it in middle of the luggage collection hall. Well i had to make sure it was ours and not one that just looked like ours :lol:
sparkiethecruiser
Captain
Captain

Previous

Return to RCI