Cruising Mates Forum: Cruise reviews, chat, answers and information. cruisingmates.co.uk • View topic - Cabin Review: Tui Discovery Junior Suite 8082

Cabin Review: Tui Discovery Junior Suite 8082

Postby Jeffo » 14 Jan 2017 10:53

Thanks for that Dave - nice cabin - noted the kettle and coffee maker as well. Very useful to compare with others.
Previous Cruises :
Black Watch (4), Braemar (8), Boudicca (1), Balmoral (1), Adonia (1), Saga Sapphire (1) Saga Ruby (1) Astoria (1)
Jeffo
Commodore
Commodore

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Re: Cabin Review: Tui Discovery Junior Suite 8082

Postby Seamouse » 15 Jan 2017 17:00

All looks great, with a good size balcony. Tea and coffee making facilities are always a big plus for me. I prefer a bath too, but Geoff likes a shower, more.
Chris

Cruises booked :-

"Quantum of the Seas" - China & Japan - Autumn 2018
Seamouse
Commander
Commander

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby Richard-Pam » 14 Feb 2017 19:52

I very much appreciate your review of junoir suite 8082 as co-incidentally ( and prior to finding your review on Google ) we've booked this very cabin for a couple of caribbean cruises "back to back" flying out to TUI Discovery from Gatwick on 28th January 2018 , it's very reassuring to read that you both enjoyed your stay and found it comfortable .. love your video as well . When we booked it last week it was the only remaining one of the 7 rear facing junior suites available for our 2 weeks ... over 12 months pre cruise ! seems people have been reading your blog !! Thanks again R&P
Richard-Pam

Postby judgegeoff » 14 Feb 2017 20:00

Richard-Pam wrote:I very much appreciate your review of junoir suite 8082 as co-incidentally ( and prior to finding your review on Google ) we've booked this very cabin for a couple of caribbean cruises "back to back" flying out to TUI Discovery from Gatwick on 28th January 2018 , it's very reassuring to read that you both enjoyed your stay and found it comfortable .. love your video as well . When we booked it last week it was the only remaining one of the 7 rear facing junior suites available for our 2 weeks ... over 12 months pre cruise ! seems people have been reading your blog !! Thanks again R&P

Welcome to the friendly forum Richard and Pam, nice to have you aboard. :wave: We look forward to reading about your TUI Discovery cruise next year. :)
Geoff

Cruises Booked

Nothing yet but looking.
judgegeoff
Powder Monkey
Powder Monkey

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby Kruzer » 29 Apr 2018 15:46

Dave
Can you ( or anyone else who's been on Discovery recently) confirm whether the Junior Suites have got USB charging ports on the wall lights? I understand Discovery 2 has.
Also there's mention of access to the Executive Lounge on board, but no-one at the TUI shop can provide any information about it or what facilities are available.
Any info would be greatly appreciated. :thumbup:
Kruzer

Postby Dave » 29 Apr 2018 17:48

Kruzer wrote:Dave
Can you ( or anyone else who's been on Discovery recently) confirm whether the Junior Suites have got USB charging ports on the wall lights? I understand Discovery 2 has.
Also there's mention of access to the Executive Lounge on board, but no-one at the TUI shop can provide any information about it or what facilities are available.
Any info would be greatly appreciated. :thumbup:

Hi Kruzer

As you say, Discovery 2 does have USB sockets on the wall lights. However, as of 16 months ago (when we were on her), Discovery 1 didn't have them.

Both ships had the Executive Lounge, which was only for people in suites above Junior Suite grade. Strangely, I can't see them on the deck plans but I'm fairly sure they were on deck 8 because we walked past them often. They didn't seem anything special though - just a small, quiet comfy area. I don't recall seeing any particular facilities (such as bars).
Dave
Booked cruise: Marella Explorer - Caribbean, Christmas 2018
Booked walking holidays: Easter: Cotswolds; Summer: Kintyre & Islay
Dave
Mutineer
Mutineer

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby Seamouse » 30 Apr 2018 11:24

We have a balcony on our next cruise, we are looking forward to using it. It is a while since we took a cruise with one, although we have had a window a few times. I, too like to people watch, or see what is going on when we are in port. I find it fascinating, to watch the tying up of the ship, and all the activity that goes on, gangplanks, loading of food, passengers coming and going etc.
Chris

Cruises booked :-

"Quantum of the Seas" - China & Japan - Autumn 2018
Seamouse
Commander
Commander

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby tomvet » 06 May 2018 21:43

We have had them all though more outsides than insides and more insides then balconies. I find we never make use of the balcony as much as we think we are going to use it.

OF our last 10 or so cruises we have been in an outside / balcony and the big plus for us is having natural day light in the morning so you are oriented immediately.

We are back in an inside in October so that could be culture shock after so many in an outside.

I find the loading of river cruise ships fascinating with the food handballed on board and everyone from the Captain to the house keeping staff to the resident pianist taking part. Its hard work that many would not do nowadays.
October 18 - MSC Opera - Marseille - Mahon - Cagliari - Valetta - Messina - Naples - Genoa
December 18 - A-ROSA Aqua - Cologne - Mannheim - Kehl (Strasbourg) - Mainz - Cologne
October 19 - A-ROSA Luna - Lyon- Viviers - Arles - Avignon - Vienne - Lyon
tomvet
Admiral
Admiral

National Flag:
Ireland

Previous