Cruising Mates Forum: Cruise reviews, chat, answers and information. cruisingmates.co.uk • View topic - Marella Explorer 2 Royal Suite

Marella Explorer 2 Royal Suite

Postby Dave » 19 Dec 2019 20:06

This is more a quick glimpse of the Royal Suite than a review, but it might still be of interest to someone looking for images...

We're in the Executive Suite (1045) next to the Royal Suite. For some reason, it's been unoccupied and as we were passing this morning our steward asked us if we'd like to look around... :-)

The suite is about twice the size of ours - as is the balcony. Not shown here are the second toilet and fitted kitchen. Very nice... perhaps next year!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Dave

Booked cruise 2019: December - Caribbean on Marella Explorer 2
Remaining land-based holidays 2019: July - Peak District, August - Harris and Highlands, October - Brecon Beacons
Dave
Mutineer
Mutineer

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Re: Marella Explorer 2 Royal Suite

Postby rdw123 » 20 Dec 2019 08:21

That’s bigger than my flat Dave. Very nice.
rdw123
Commander
Commander

Postby bobbyoscar » 20 Dec 2019 10:56

That's very nice (although the bathroon would be unsuitable for us). I really like the lounge and balcony. :thumbup:
Cruises booked:
June 2020 Celebrity Silhouette
- Bergen - Geiranger - Flam - Stavanger
Sept 2020 Celebrity Silhouette - Madeira - Tenerife - Las Palmas - Lisbon- Vigo
May 2021 Celebrity Silhouette - ST. PETER PORT - CORK (COBH) - WATERFORD(DUNMORE E) - DUBLIN - GLASGOW (GREENOCK) - AKUREYRI - REYKJAVIK - BELFAST
Aug 2021 Celebrity Silhouette GIBRALTAR – CARTAGENA – BARCELONA – VALENCIA – CADIZ - LISBON
bobbyoscar
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

National Flag:
England

Postby Gillzajoker » 20 Dec 2019 11:05

Looks good, but all that space would be wasted on me :D
Gillzajoker
Admiral
Admiral

National Flag:
Spain

Postby Camela » 21 Dec 2019 00:00

I like the spa bath but other than that we are happy with a balcony. We don't tend to spend much time in the cabin anyway so the extra space would be lost on us. I do get that folks with a lot of money are happy to pay for the privileges associated with the top suites.
"Won't you let me take you on a sea cruise"
Camela
Commodore
Commodore

National Flag:
England

Postby rdw123 » 21 Dec 2019 08:10

As it was empty and next door they could have given you an upgrade!
rdw123
Commander
Commander

Postby Dave » 22 Dec 2019 18:25

rdw123 wrote:As it was empty and next door they could have given you an upgrade!
We did think of asking, but there probably would have been a charge and we really liked where we were. We wondered if the premium plane seats we upgraded to had belonged to the people who didn't turn up for the Royal Suite...

Dave

Remaining land-based holidays 2019: July - Peak District, August - Harris and Highlands, October - Brecon Beacons
Dave
Mutineer
Mutineer

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby Dave » 22 Dec 2019 18:34

Camela wrote:I like the spa bath but other than that we are happy with a balcony. We don't tend to spend much time in the cabin anyway so the extra space would be lost on us. I do get that folks with a lot of money are happy to pay for the privileges associated with the top suites.
I think the Royal Suite would cost almost £6000 (for two and inc. flights) for a week's Caribbean cruise. I suspect some high-end cruise lines might charge that much for a cabin only a quarter the size but with perhaps more attentive service. We prefer to be left alone in a big, posh cabin! ;-)

Dave

Dave
Mutineer
Mutineer

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby judgegeoff » 22 Dec 2019 18:37

Dave wrote:
rdw123 wrote:As it was empty and next door they could have given you an upgrade!
We did think of asking, but there probably would have been a charge and we really liked where we were. We wondered if the premium plane seats we upgraded to had belonged to the people who didn't turn up for the Royal Suite...

On our recent "Marella Dream" cruise to Cyprus, Turkey, Crete and Israel we booked extra legroom seats on the TUI Boeing 737 plane and, on the outward journey, were surprised to find that quite a number of the seats were empty. We were delighted to find that not only did we have the excess legroom, but we had 3 seats to ourselves. On the return journey all the extra legroom seats had been filled, but the seats certainly made the 4+ hour flights less onerous. I will have to see how much British Airways charge for our next flight - 12 hour flight from London Heathrow to Cape Town.
Geoff

Booked cruise :-
"MSC Orchestra" - Cape Town to Venice 2020 (now virtual)
judgegeoff
Powder Monkey
Powder Monkey

National Flag:
United Kingdom