Cruising Mates Forum: Cruise reviews, chat, answers and information. cruisingmates.co.uk • View topic - P&O Azura C deck balcony cabin (starboard aft) cabin number C637

P&O Azura C deck balcony cabin (starboard aft) cabin number C637

Postby BeckyG86 » 01 Sep 2017 18:47

We have recently been on a week long cruise to the Norwegian Fjords on board P&O Azura. We had a balcony cabin on C deck (deck 10) starboard aft (close to mid-aft) cabin number C637. This was a standard balcony cabin so did not have a sofa in it or anything like that, but our cabin was next door to my in-laws so we had the door between the balconies opened during the day (this wasn't just a door space and not the whole partition to the two balconies).

The big advantage to a balcony cabin on C deck (who those of you who have been on Azura may well be aware) is that the balconies are bigger. You have part of your balcony overlooked and part of it not overlooked, so you had the warmth in the sunshine and the shade as well, plus plenty of room to relax on your two reclining chairs and plenty of space for a table and foot rest, in fact you could easily fit another table and even a third chair if you wanted.

In terms of the cabin itself it was comfortable enough. I have only done two cruises, both of which were with P&O, the first was on Britannia and this one on Azura. The layout was identical to that of Britannia but decor was different. In this cabin on Azura the cabin had open hanging space, which gave more space for your clothes, but also had a tall, thin wardrobe that wasn't for hanging clothes but had about six shelves and the safety deposit box taking up one shelf (this was free and you put your own electronic combination in). All this was like Britannia. The bathroom had a toilet, sink, shower with a shower curtain rather than a glass shower door (which Britannia has), and had two hooks on the back of the bathroom door, a large mirror on the sink side, a large shelf under the sink, which had a big metal bin (additional to a bathroom pedal bin), and had the blue pool side towels, which were replaced if removed or used. At the side of the sink there was plenty of space for your toiletries, but in addition there was a stand with three small shelves for additional toiletries. There was a shaving plug socket on the wall, three towel rails on the wall (one at the side of the toilet for hand towels and two above the toilet for the bath towels. There is also a small shelf and a clothes line in the shower. All towels and the floor towel mat was replaced if placed in the shower but neatly folded if they were put on the towel rails. I thought the bathroom was possibly a little smaller than the bathroom on Britannia but was big enough, but I found the shower cubicle to be a little too small for me, but this is personal preference, and the shower curtain was a bit annoying as I found that you only had to knock it and it let water out and then had to contend with a wet or flooded bathroom floor. You do learn from these things but it didn't always stop this from happening.

The bedroom area had a comfortable bed (ours was queen configuration), which was a great size (especially as our bed at home is a double so was bigger than what we are used to), and the two pillows provided for each person were lovely and soft. On both occasions on P&O the beds were probably some of the most comfortable ones I have slept in. There was a small bedside table on each side of the bed, which had two deep drawers and a shelf, and a lamp each side. There were light switches in the middle of the bed head board as well, which would be clear to see and access for twin bed configuration. There was also a dressing table with a chair and cupboard with two shelves (the hairdryer and ice bucket are in here), and the telephone and paperwork, room service, etc are on top. There was two UK plug sockets (one always on) and another for the hairdryer. Opposite here was a tall stand with a cupboard underneath that had the fridge, on top was the kettle, tea, coffee, sugar, milk, biscuits, cups and teaspoons, and above this was a shelf for the TV. The TV had about 9 channels (including navigation and mast view), interactive TV with films and TV shows (most were free but some may have a charge), and you can see your account balance, cruise information, etc.

The cabin also had a softer chair and a little table. There was a small bowl of sweets and a vase with a fresh flower. Another bin was by the table.

The cabin also had a few mirrors. There was a big mirror over the head board for the bed, a big one above the dressing table, two inside the stand for the TV and a long mirror by the wardrobe area, as well as the bathroom mirror mentioned.

The electrics are controlled by your cruise card, which also acts as your cabin key card too. We took our E111 cards with us, and found these also worked the electrics (we did try the do not disturb card but that doesn't work). The cabin is air conditioned, which works when the electrics are on and the balcony door is closed.

Overall the cabin was suitable for our needs, clean and comfortable with plenty of space. One of our suitcases went under the bed (our smaller case went inside it) and the other went in the corner in the hanging space, so we weren't falling over them. The artwork on the wall opposite the bed was apt (boats). Lovely cabin. The only criticism I had was having a shower curtain instead of a shower door and I would have liked the shower cubicle to be a little larger, but these are personal preferences and it hasn't put me off these cabins or cruising on Azura again.
BeckyG86
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby judgegeoff » 01 Sep 2017 19:20

Many thanks for your interesting cabin review Becky, always good to learn what is available and good/bad on different ships. :clap: :clap: :clap:
Geoff

Cruises Booked

"Quantum of the Seas" - China & Japan - Autumn 2018
judgegeoff
Powder Monkey
Powder Monkey

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby Mungo » 02 Sep 2017 08:37

Thanks for the write up. Far better description than I could give! C deck balconies are great and I love the "walk in" open wardrobe. Just wish there was room for a small sofa. :mrgreen:
Mungo
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby Gillzajoker » 02 Sep 2017 10:05

Excellent comprehensive review, Becky :D
Gillzajoker
Admiral
Admiral

National Flag:
Spain

Re: P&O Azura C deck balcony cabin (starboard aft) cabin number C637

Postby BeckyG86 » 02 Sep 2017 15:30

Thank you, would rather go in to detail as I know if I want to know things I would like to know as much detail as possible.
BeckyG86
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby sparkiethecruiser » 05 Oct 2017 00:09

just saw this great review
sparkiethecruiser
Captain
Captain