Cruising Mates Forum: Cruise reviews, chat, answers and information. cruisingmates.co.uk • View topic - P & O Azura Balcony Cabin, Deck 10 W/Acces Grade HB

P & O Azura Balcony Cabin, Deck 10 W/Acces Grade HB

Postby adogap » 06 Aug 2016 19:15

Thank you Glynis, very spacious and modern cabin with ample storage. I really like the huge balcony. :thumbup:
It is unfortunate that you met a numpty who questioned your cabin requirement :evil: Fortunately folk like this are very scarce

Chris
Baltic Cities, Balmoral, June 2018
adogap
Commodore
Commodore

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby jocap » 06 Aug 2016 19:31

adogap wrote:Thank you Glynis, very spacious and modern cabin with ample storage. I really like the huge balcony. :thumbup:
It is unfortunate that you met a numpty who questioned your cabin requirement :evil: Fortunately folk like this are very scarce

Chris

They're what my dad would have called Gormless... speaking without thinking. I've met a few, cruising, and sometimes it's hard to believe that anyone could be an adult and yet still be so gormless!
I'm very pleased that the cabin was almost perfect for your needs, and that you both got the holiday you so needed! :thumbup:
Jo.

19 Cruises; 10 ships; 7 lines; 89 ports
jocap
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Re: P & O Azura Balcony Cabin, Deck 10 W/Acces Grade HB

Postby Toongirl » 06 Aug 2016 20:49

Glad you had such a comfortable, spacious cabin which made your cruise so much easier. What a cheek that woman had. Sometimes people's disabilities are hidden and no-one that you meet on a holiday have the right to question it.
Toongirl
Commodore
Commodore

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby judgegeoff » 06 Aug 2016 23:00

Brilliant Glynis and well done P&O! :clap: if only all Lines could be as responsive to the needs and requirements of disabled passengers.
Geoff

Booked cruise :-
"Marella Dream" - Turkey, Greece and Israel 2019
"MSC Orchestra" - Cape Town to Venice 2020
judgegeoff
Powder Monkey
Powder Monkey

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby bobbyoscar » 07 Aug 2016 06:38

judgegeoff wrote:Brilliant Glynis and well done P&O! :clap: if only all Lines could be as responsive to the needs and requirements of disabled passengers.

Geoff, it can often seem that 'things' for w/chair users have been designed by people that think they know what is required but have no real experience of the difficulties. Whereas, I wouldn't be surprised to find out that a w/chair user had been consulted regarding how to make this as accessible as possible. It certainly ticked all the boxes for us. :clap: :clap: :clap:
Cruises booked:
June 2020 Celebrity Silhouette
- Bergen - Geiranger - Flam - Stavanger
Sept 2020 Celebrity Silhouette - Madeira - Tenerife - Las Palmas - Lisbon- Porto- Vigo
bobbyoscar
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

National Flag:
England

Postby Jimmy the One » 07 Aug 2016 07:54

Smashing photos Glynis showing the cabin at its best you can easily see how wheelchair friendly it was.Pay no heed to ignorant folks sounds like they have been ashamed of themselves :lol:
Im just a soul whose intentions are good Oh lord please dont let me be misunderstood

Jimmy the One
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

National Flag:
Scotland

Postby grannyM » 07 Aug 2016 08:49

Jimmy the One wrote:Smashing photos Glynis showing the cabin at its best you can easily see how wheelchair friendly it was.Pay no heed to ignorant folks sounds like they have been ashamed of themselves :lol:

Hopefully Jim and so she should have been. Absolutely no reason for such a crass comment under any circumstances. Jo is right 'Gormless' but very cheeky too. :twisted:
Marie
grannyM
Admiral
Admiral

National Flag:
Scotland

Postby octocruiser » 07 Aug 2016 09:15

bobbyoscar wrote:Now, you are not going to believe this but I alluded to a few 'not very pleasant' people we had met in one of my earlier posts.

One comment was regarding our cabin. I was asked by someone how we were finding getting around on the ship? This ship is very wheelchair friendly. I was then asked if we had a W/A cabin? When I replied yes. I was told that she couldn't see why 'your husband needs one as there's not much wrong with him.'

To say I put her right is putting it mildly!

Strange that she avoided me for the rest of the cruise ;)

Fortunately almost everyone else we met went out of their way to be of help like opening doors so that I was not trying to keep the door open whilst trying to manoeuvre the w/chair out onto the open decks. There are a couple of automatic doors for w/chairs but these are in the middle of the ship and we were often not too close to them.

What utter presumption! The very fact that she could see with her own eyes that Andy is confined to the chair at all times should put it beyond question. What business of hers was it anyway? Or had she felt that she was entitled to one but had not been able to get one ?
octocruiser
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

National Flag:
England

Postby octocruiser » 07 Aug 2016 09:26

bobbyoscar wrote:
judgegeoff wrote:Brilliant Glynis and well done P&O! :clap: if only all Lines could be as responsive to the needs and requirements of disabled passengers.

Geoff, it can often seem that 'things' for w/chair users have been designed by people that think they know what is required but have no real experience of the difficulties. Whereas, I wouldn't be surprised to find out that a w/chair user had been consulted regarding how to make this as accessible as possible. It certainly ticked all the boxes for us. :clap: :clap: :clap:

You are probably spot on there Glynis!

This so often happens in other cases as well. Things are often designed 'by the book' or by someone's supposition of what might work or even sacrificing practicality to make something LOOK more attractive.

To get things right it does need actual experience of what is needed.

Was you previous cruise with P & O. ? How did that cabin compare ?
octocruiser
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

National Flag:
England

Postby Gillzajoker » 07 Aug 2016 14:01

What a fantastic size - so glad that it enhanced your enjoyment of the cruise! :D
Gillzajoker
Admiral
Admiral

National Flag:
Spain

Previous