Cruising Mates Forum: Cruise reviews, chat, answers and information. cruisingmates.co.uk • View topic - P&O Britannia balcony cabin.

P&O Britannia balcony cabin.

Postby BeckyG86 » 14 Aug 2016 22:15

Our cabin on P&O Britannia was cabin number A625, which was a basic balcony cabin on deck 15 (A deck) aft (it was closer to the aft lifts and stairs but was sort of midship aft).

I do have photographs but having issues uploading them, so will describe the cabin the best that I can.

The cabin was not massive but plenty big enough. I have been in similar sized hotel rooms. The balcony was small but big enough for two people to comfortably sit outside with a table for food and drinks. The whole cabin and balcony was clean and well replenished. Our cabin steward, Janary was brilliant, and gave us fresh towels everyday, made the beds in the morning, turned them down in the evening, put a chocolate on the bed and a copy of the Horizon magazine under the door every evening. We had sweets in a little tray on the little table in our room. Tea, coffee and biscuits were replenished whenever they were used, and fresh cups and spoons were provided and replaced when needed. The room had a kettle and hairdryer. There was a long thin drawer on the dressing table with a little fridge underneath. There was also a bedside cabinet on the other side of the bed with two drawers, both were decent depth but the bottom was deeper. There was a small shelf with a smaller ledge type shelf under the TV. If would have been nice to have a bedside cabinet both sides of the bed for convenience but not a major issue. The wardrobe area was brilliant, I loved the open plan as it gave more space for hanging clothes. The top shelf had the life jackets on but could store a few things like my bags. The open hanging area was useful for storing shoes on the floor. The little wardrobe next to the hanging area had a safe that you could set up a 4 digit pin for and was free. There was some shelves for storing folded up t-shirts, vest tops and shorts, etc. This had plenty of space. Under the bed could fit two large cases comfortably, and our cases all went inside each other so had no problems storing our cases, but if we did have trouble there was space in the hanging area. The TV was good with plenty of choices, but about half way through the cruise we had seen what we had wanted to watch so was re-watching the same things. We did notice some programmes were added whilst we were there. I liked the cruise schedule, which highlighted the ports and the dress codes for the evenings and themes. It also had the webcam and a map of where we were amongst other things. Very good.

The bathroom was fine and was clean. The shower was brilliant and I loved the space inside and the glass door instead of shower curtains. The products were White Company and were good quality, and a flannel was also provided. If I had my way I would have liked the bathroom to be slightly bigger as standing room was limited, but otherwise no issues, and I suppose you don't need a big bathroom, so I'm probably just being picky.

The decor of the whole cabin was minimalistic and modern with a lovely colour scheme. The bed and pillows were so comfortable, and the size of the bed was great! I could have easily taken the bed and pillows home! One night I fell asleep and woke up about an hour before the alarm (it could even have been when the alarm went off, I can't remember) and I woke up in the exact position I fell asleep in! I had many a good nights sleep!

I would definitely have that cabin again, or if not a similar one more located mid ships in case of rough seas!
BeckyG86
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby judgegeoff » 14 Aug 2016 23:18

Many thanks for a super cabin review Becky. :clap: :clap: :clap: These reviews are very useful for the members and are an essential part of the forum. Well done!
Geoff

Booked cruise :-
"Marella Dream" - Turkey, Greece and Israel 2019
"MSC Orchestra" - Cape Town to Venice 2020
judgegeoff
Powder Monkey
Powder Monkey

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Re: P&O Britannia balcony cabin.

Postby BeckyG86 » 15 Aug 2016 16:20

Thank you, I'm glad it will help people. If there's anything else I can review about Britannia I will
BeckyG86
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby sparkiethecruiser » 20 Aug 2016 16:32

becky when uploading to the site its easier to use a hosting site such as photobucket.
sparkiethecruiser
Captain
Captain

Re: P&O Britannia balcony cabin.

Postby keith6400 » 01 Sep 2016 16:44

As an aside, I cruised in one of the Single Balcony Cabins on Britannia, the only ship in the P&O fleet to offer them. Ideal for solo cruising or taking elderly relatives who want a bit of independence. This was precisely who frequented these cabins. I travelled in A201 which was the best choice looking back as you had one neighbour and a library quiet room the other side. A special door not many people use takes you straight out into the crows nest. The cabin itself is about three quarter the size of a basic normal balcony cabin with a bed that seemed bigger than usual singles on board. Very quiet deck as very few cabins this high up, downside was the trek to MDR being far end of ship and very low deck.

Regards Keith
keith6400
Commander
Commander