Cruising Mates Forum: Cruise reviews, chat, answers and information. cruisingmates.co.uk • View topic - Ventura E Deck Obstructed View Cabins

Ventura E Deck Obstructed View Cabins

Postby bobbyboy » 08 Mar 2013 14:06

Obstructed view cabins provide a means to some natural light and a bit of an outside view if you're on a bit of a budget. We have had an obstructed view cabin twice on Ventura and were happy with our choice given the savings made over the price of an unobstructed view.

Before booking any obstructed view cabin on a P&O ship, make sure you have a look here.............

https://ask.pocruises.com/help/PO/fleet/obstructed-views/

You will be able to see what your view will be like. Ventura and Azura are sister ships so if you can't find the cabin view for one of them then look at the same cabin on the other.

Don't forget that with Getaway Fares you only get a guarantee cabin so you may end up with a full view of the side of a tender, so tread carefully when booking an obstructed view.

Let's have a look at cabin E324 (fully obstructed view LA grade)..........

What's that? You want to see the inside? Ok then...........

Not bad so far. Here's the en-suite.............

....not forgetting the 'pamper pack'..............

The view wasn't brilliant but you could see around the lifeboat at the right angle......

Now a look at our view from E308 (partially obstructed view KA grade)............

Here we are in Alesund...........

....and at sea in Norway........

The cabin corridors were nice too............

Obviously, I'd prefer a balcony or a clear view from a picture window, but if the cost is an issue (it normally is for me) then the right choice of obstructed view is a good compromise between the choice of an inside or an outside cabin.

Please note that the cabin grades I have used are the new 2013 grades. LA used to be NA and KA used to be MA. It gets confusing when you're trying to book a cruise as I think the change to cabin grades takes effect in April 3013 and there will be four different grades of obstructed view cabins to choose from.

Bob :)
bobbyboy
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Dave » 08 Mar 2013 14:50

I've always wondered what an obstructed view was like. Now I know - great photos! :D
Dave

Booked cruise 2019: December - Caribbean on Marella Explorer 2
Remaining land-based holidays 2019: July - Peak District, August - Harris and Highlands, October - Brecon Beacons
Dave
Mutineer
Mutineer

National Flag:
United Kingdom