Cruising Mates Forum: Cruise reviews, chat, answers and information. cruisingmates.co.uk • View topic - Ventura Standard Balcony Cabin L304

Ventura Standard Balcony Cabin L304

Postby bobbyboy » 16 Jun 2013 11:52

Cabin L304 is a 'Higher Deck Midship Balcony Cabin' situated on Deck 15 (Lido). We booked a guarantee cabin and were allocated L304 as an upgrade to the guarantee grade booked.

My initial concerns were regarding the location of the cabin. It is five cabins away from a swimming pool on the same deck and near to a lift and stair well so the corridor is a useful thoroughfare to get to the pools. In the event, this didn't prove any bother to us and indeed proved a handy location for getting out on to the decks. For people who like using the pools or who would like to nip out for a burger and a drink to bring back to consume on their balcony then this could prove an ideal location.

There is open deck above and I did hear early morning noises around the time that the sun loungers would be getting put in position but I don't think it would have woken me up. It certainly didn't disturb sleeping beauty next to me ;)

There were tea and coffee making facilities (with biscuits) and room service was complimentary.

Suitcases could be stored under the bed although we had to open ours and lay the lids flat to get them underneath. We could also stand one up in the open wardrobe.

The cabin is a standard Ventura layout which I find user-friendly and the bed configuration (twin or queen) can be chosen and amended on the cruise personaliser before you embark. It has an open hanging space near to the bathroom and sufficient storage space in the form of shelves and drawers. The photos will do the talking.

The balcony was compact but adequate for us and had an unobscured view but it did have an overhang of a couple of feet which obscured the sun as it rose high in the sky.

So, to some photos of our cabin.............

A good layout in my opinion and ample space for the two of us...........

The compact balcony where the views improved later in the cruise...........

The open hanging space (there's my favourite 'titfer' on the shelf :D) ...........

The bathroom with White Company toiletries..........

240v, 13amp sockets on the dressing table. Some chargers may not fit due to the closeness of the sockets to the worktop so an extension lead would be a useful thing to pack..........

......and finally, the dual voltage shaver socket in the bathroom.........

Overall a decent cabin, but for me, if I was to pick a cabin in that grade it would be on the next deck down perhaps, to avoid an overhang and potential foot traffic and noise from above.

Bob :)
bobbyboy
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Dave » 16 Jun 2013 11:59

Thanks Bob. As you say, it's the standard Ventura balcony cabin which we experienced three years ago (except our C deck version had the bigger balcony).
Dave

Booked cruise 2019: December - Caribbean on Marella Explorer 2
Remaining land-based holidays 2019: July - Peak District, August - Harris and Highlands, October - Brecon Beacons
Dave
Mutineer
Mutineer

National Flag:
United Kingdom