Cruising Mates Forum: Cruise reviews, chat, answers and information. cruisingmates.co.uk • View topic - P and O Oceana Inside Cabin C506

P and O Oceana Inside Cabin C506

Postby jsb » 21 Oct 2014 14:54

First of all I must apologise, I didn't realise until I started doing this review that I hadn't taken any photos but if you look at my review http://www.cruisingmates.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=243&t=5895, you will find some photos as the cabin was exactly the same, only this time we had twin beds as it gave us more room.

We booked this cruise on a saver fare, we were allocated our cabin around 3 weeks before our departure date. When checking the deck plans I noticed we were above one of the bars, I was a little concerned but we knew it was a gamble when we booked.

On our first night we were really tired after a long day so decided to have an early night, just as we were settling down we heard the music coming from below, it was the same most nights, how loud it was depended on who was playing, some nights we could sing along as we could hear the words. It wasn't as bad as it sounds, it always finished around 12.15 and we were usually out late anyway but if you like to go to bed early I would avoid this cabin.

One thing I forgot to mention in my previous review was that the loo smelt strongly of urine, this one was exactly the same and our friends travelling with us also said theirs did too.

As I said earlier we knew the score when booking and it won't put us off booking another cruise on a saver fare but if I were to pick my cabin then it wouldn't be C506.
Don't worry be happy.
jsb
Commodore
Commodore

National Flag:
England

Postby bobbyoscar » 21 Oct 2014 15:16

Thanks for posting this information as we've been thinking, (me, I mean) about an inside cabin for a future cruise.

Have also had a look at the photos from your previous cruise - much better to look at the 'real thing' than those off the Co's website to see what it 's really like.
Cruises booked:
June 2020 Celebrity Silhouette
- Bergen - Geiranger - Flam - Stavanger
Sept 2020 Celebrity Silhouette - Madeira - Tenerife - Las Palmas - Lisbon- Porto- Vigo
bobbyoscar
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

National Flag:
England

Postby jsb » 21 Oct 2014 15:20

bobbyoscar wrote:Thanks for posting this information as we've been thinking, (me, I mean) about an inside cabin for a future cruise.

Have also had a look at the photos from your previous cruise - much better to look at the 'real thing' than those off the Co's website to see what it 's really like.

Hi Glynis, I have no problem with an inside cabin, our last 3 cruises have been insides, I was worried I wouldn't be able to cope after balconies and outsides but I was fine and the money saved can go towards another holiday. :D
Don't worry be happy.
jsb
Commodore
Commodore

National Flag:
England

Postby bobbyoscar » 21 Oct 2014 15:45

jsb wrote:
Hi Glynis, I was worried I wouldn't be able to cope after balconies and outsides but I was fine and the money saved can go towards another holiday. :D

Strange that you should mention that :D , as we were talking about this yesterday. Our cruise, next year to the Baltic in a concierge balcony is working out about two thirds more than what an inside would cost. I then decided to see where disabled cabins are on the ships we will probably be considering ..... Strange thing was that on most deck plans of ships that I looked at, disabled cabins tended to be either balcony or inside with very few being outside cabins.

Hence the reason, I was interested in your inside cabin - first hand information is so valuable :thumbup:
Cruises booked:
June 2020 Celebrity Silhouette
- Bergen - Geiranger - Flam - Stavanger
Sept 2020 Celebrity Silhouette - Madeira - Tenerife - Las Palmas - Lisbon- Porto- Vigo
bobbyoscar
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

National Flag:
England

Postby grannyM » 21 Oct 2014 16:41

That's useful information for anyone thinking about C506 on Oceana Jan.

I think most people will put up with the noise of music because of the position of the cabin but the smell of urine in the toilets is not on. :o
Marie
grannyM
Admiral
Admiral

National Flag:
Scotland