Cruising Mates Forum: Cruise reviews, chat, answers and information. cruisingmates.co.uk • View topic - P & O Aurora Outside Cabin E121 - LC Grade

P & O Aurora Outside Cabin E121 - LC Grade

Postby JollyJill » 01 Dec 2014 19:49

We booked an Iberian cruise only a few weeks before we sailed on a saver basis i.e. cheap.

We found ourselves on Ellora deck (6) in cabin E121. It was situated forward on the starboard side and was very conveniently placed for us.

The theatre, MDRs and some of the bars are on Deck 7 and the rest of the public areas, apart from the pools and buffet restaurant are on Deck 8.

The cabin was spacious, with 2 double wardrobes, a sofa, usual size shower room with a shower curtain rather than screen.
I was impressed with the White Company toiletries and of course, a kettle with tea and coffee provided.

36 cruises on 26 ships.

JollyJill
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby Dave » 01 Dec 2014 22:11

Thanks for the review Jill. I always like to see what the cabins are like on different ships. :thumbup:
Dave

Booked cruise 2019: December - Caribbean on Marella Explorer 2
Remaining land-based holidays 2019: July - Peak District, August - Harris and Highlands, October - Brecon Beacons
Dave
Mutineer
Mutineer

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby bobbyoscar » 01 Dec 2014 23:04

Thanks, Jill. We are looking to book an outside cabin on our next booking, so am interested to see how this is set out.
Cruises booked:
June 2020 Celebrity Silhouette
- Bergen - Geiranger - Flam - Stavanger
Sept 2020 Celebrity Silhouette - Madeira - Tenerife - Las Palmas - Lisbon- Porto- Vigo
bobbyoscar
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

National Flag:
England

Postby adogap » 01 Dec 2014 23:40

Thank you, cabin looks really comfortable and spacious Jill. Very impressed with the treats from White Company! 8-)
I really dislike those clip on wardrobe hangers. Why can ships / hotels not use ones that are simple to use? :?

Chris
Baltic Cities, Balmoral, June 2018
adogap
Commodore
Commodore

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby JollyJill » 02 Dec 2014 00:34

adogap wrote:Thank you, cabin looks really comfortable and spacious Jill. Very impressed with the treats from White Company! 8-)
I really dislike those clip on wardrobe hangers. Why can ships / hotels not use ones that are simple to use? :?

Chris

I agree Chris. Apart from anything else, they take up more room than ordinary hangers; plus being short, I struggle with them.

I always take my own these days as they are much easier to handle. I guess that they are there to stop people stealing them. :roll:

36 cruises on 26 ships.

JollyJill
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Re: P & O Aurora Outside Cabin E121 - LC Grade

Postby tomvet » 02 Dec 2014 01:41

Thanks Jill for the pics of your cabin!
Mmmmm! We'd struggle to get 5 into that cabin, unless there are similar one that have 2 pull down bunks and 1 child on the sofa :think: (although that looks a bit narrow!).

I notice no product placement on your photos to compete with the White Company - deodorant brand name cleverly obstructed :roll:

October 19 - A-ROSA Luna - Lyon- Viviers - Arles - Avignon - Vienne - Lyon
tomvet
Admiral
Admiral

National Flag:
Ireland

Re: P & O Aurora Outside Cabin E121 - LC Grade

Postby JollyJill » 02 Dec 2014 11:44

tomvet wrote:Thanks Jill for the pics of your cabin!
Mmmmm! We'd struggle to get 5 into that cabin, unless there are similar one that have 2 pull down bunks and 1 child on the sofa :think: (although that looks a bit narrow!).

I notice no product placement on your photos to compete with the White Company - deodorant brand name cleverly obstructed :roll:

Actually Tom, there were two drop down bunks available but the sofa was not big enough even for a child to sleep on.

As for the products............ That was plunky's deodorant and he buys the cheapest available; come that, so do I. ;)

36 cruises on 26 ships.

JollyJill
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby grannyM » 02 Dec 2014 12:06

Nice comfortable looking cabin Jill. Good space between the beds too. :)
Marie
grannyM
Admiral
Admiral

National Flag:
Scotland

Postby Jimmy the One » 02 Dec 2014 14:00

Nice review Jill but an outside :o you've lost your budget crown :lol: :lol:
Im just a soul whose intentions are good Oh lord please dont let me be misunderstood

Jimmy the One
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

National Flag:
Scotland

Postby JollyJill » 02 Dec 2014 14:44

Jimmy the One wrote:Nice review Jill but an outside :o you've lost your budget crown :lol: :lol:

No Jim- We got allocated an outside straight away and I still don't know why. :?

Oddly enough, we are getting 12 days on Oceana in January for the same price as we paid on Aurora but for an inside.

The ship was definitely not full so maybe that is why they filled the outsides first.

I'm still a steerage class girl at heart. :lol:

36 cruises on 26 ships.

JollyJill
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Next