Cruising Mates Forum: Cruise reviews, chat, answers and information. cruisingmates.co.uk • View topic - On Shore Excursions

On Shore Excursions

On Shore Excursions

Postby Marrob 33 » 04 Nov 2018 17:21

Hi, Is there anyone who has booked the Eastern Sunset itinerary for December 8th, been able to book the excursions?
We have browsed the different ones available at each of the ports but try as I may,I have been unsuccessful in finding a page which will allow me to actually book any.
I get messages saying the trips are not on sale yet; there is a different message which says I need to use my reference number, but until I can book a trip, I don't have a reference number..
I have seen info saying the trips are on sale many weeks in advance.
Is there a problem with the Thomson/ Tui/ Marella site,does anybody know?
Marrob 33
Commodore
Commodore

National Flag:
United Kingdom

On Shore Excursions

Postby sparkiethecruiser » 04 Nov 2018 18:03

Marrob 33 wrote:Hi, Is there anyone who has booked the Eastern Sunset itinerary for December 8th, been able to book the excursions?
We have browsed the different ones available at each of the ports but try as I may,I have been unsuccessful in finding a page which will allow me to actually book any.
I get messages saying the trips are not on sale yet; there is a different message which says I need to use my reference number, but until I can book a trip, I don't have a reference number..

I must make it clear i am not on this cruise and don't think ive ever booked online for excursions with this paticular cruiseline that i can remember. However i would have thought they would be on sale by now Id maybe wait until tomorrow then call them. I booked through them online a few years ago when Thomson was still trading as THomsons so to speak and only after i booked it did i realise i could not pay the balance online. When i phoned up it took me about 5 atempts to find someone who English was good enough for me both to understand them and for them to understand my Scottish accent those who have met me will understand this as my accent is quite strong :lol:. Anyway after i finally made payment i noticed in small print that i could have went into any thomson branch to pay the balance. Sorry im waffling the point was id give it until tomorrow then if its still not working if i was you id pop into my local tui/thomson shop if there is one near you to see if they can help you they would at the least be able to to confirm if the site is down/having issues. Failing that give them a call just remember they are multinational organisation and as such most of their operators first language is not English and therefor you may issues with langauge barrier so to speak
sparkiethecruiser
Captain
Captain

On Shore Excursions

Postby Gillzajoker » 05 Nov 2018 10:35

Good luck, Marie! :D
Gillzajoker
Admiral
Admiral

National Flag:
Spain

On Shore Excursions

Postby judgegeoff » 05 Nov 2018 12:44

Marrob 33 wrote:Hi, Is there anyone who has booked the Eastern Sunset itinerary for December 8th, been able to book the excursions?

I believe that the reference number that you need to use is your booking reference number for the actual cruise (with the Cruise Line). If you don't have this, you should be able to get it from your Travel Agent. Note that this is a different number from the Travel Agent's reference number.
Geoff

Cruises Booked

Nothing yet but looking.
judgegeoff
Powder Monkey
Powder Monkey

National Flag:
United Kingdom

On Shore Excursions

Postby Marrob 33 » 05 Nov 2018 20:20

Thanks, judgegeoff
I called in our local shop today and apparently Tui has been entering some new information and it hasn't synced with the existing programmes,anf the tui site has been going up and down.
They said I could take my choices and they would book them in the shop. The manageress eventually found the new additions,and showed that some excursions were already sold out on line.
When we were back indoors I tried again and finally got lucky. i had to amend one choice that was sold out, but I did get the others done. I noticed that some of the prices had increased.
It proves that technology is marvellous when it works, but sometimes the designers fall short in their ability to use the technology successfully.
The original info said it was not the booking reference that was asked for, but the excursion ticket reference.
Marrob 33
Commodore
Commodore

National Flag:
United Kingdom

On Shore Excursions

Postby Gillzajoker » 06 Nov 2018 14:38

Where technology is concerned, nothing is a simple as they would have you believe! Pleased to hear you have made some headway, though! :D
Gillzajoker
Admiral
Admiral

National Flag:
Spain

Re: On Shore Excursions

Postby Marrob 33 » 06 Nov 2018 19:04

Hopefully, by the time we go to the places we've booked, the cost of them will have been forgotten. We have,to some extent, been conditioned to believe that today's technology is far superior to the old ways in which things were done; but it's hard to understand that the standard isn't higher than I'd expectedit would be, when things which seem so logical are beyond the capabilities of the designers.:oh well:
Marrob 33
Commodore
Commodore

National Flag:
United Kingdom

On Shore Excursions

Postby sparkiethecruiser » 17 Nov 2018 09:58

oh yes technology is wonderful when it is working. WHat i don't understand though is if their systems are down how can some trips be sold out :lol: I don't really do cruiseline shore excursions now if i can help it :lol:

PS I don't care what they say sometimes you just cannot beat a pen and peace of paper or ones own brain :lol:
sparkiethecruiser
Captain
Captain