Cruising Mates Forum: Cruise reviews, chat, answers and information. cruisingmates.co.uk • View topic - HAL Eurodam Deluxe Balcony Suite Deck 6 Aft C.SC 6164

HAL Eurodam Deluxe Balcony Suite Deck 6 Aft C.SC 6164

Postby grannyM » 06 Mar 2013 17:56

Our stateroom 6164 Aft Deluxe Balcony suite, Upper Verandah deck, was ready when we boarded and once we found it we were delighted to see how spacious it was. It is definitely the most luxurious accommodation we've ever had and the welcoming bottle of champagne and fruit bowl a very nice touch. As expected the furnishing was of the highest standard. A huge settee, coffee table with two armchairs either side, a desk with all the usual ship information and personalised stationery. A large flat screen tv and dvd player. The 4 doored wardrobes had separate hanging space with loads of hangers in the double wardrobe, a gent's robe which also housed the safe, a long compartment of shelf space for clothes and shoes. Also all around the stateroom there was plenty of other doored shelving. The bed was enormous, the same as most other ships we've been on, very comfortable and a choice of 3 different pillow softness. Although it was spacious and luxurious it was one room and to call it a suite was a little misleading.

Sorry this photo does not do justice to the size of the stateroom as the wardrobes and bathroom door are behind where I'm standing.

The bathroom was fantastic with two sinks, a bathtub and separate shower stall. Both the bath and the shower had dispensers for shampoo, conditioner and bath/shower gel. The little dressing room just before the bathroom was a dream with mirrors about the dressing table and a huge magnified mirror which was great for putting on make-up. Three drawers down one side for cosmetics kept it tidy. The best thing of all was a 'real' hairdryer and not one of those weak slow things that are the usual on ships and in hotels. 2 electric sockets in here for American and European plugs.

Being an aft corner suite the balcony wrapped around the stern and was furnished with a table and 4 chairs, 2 armchairs and footstools and round the corner on the port side 2 sunloungers. We seldom used the sunloungers but made great use of the rest of the balcony. This stateroom could be connected to the next door stateroom and if a family had both and opened the connecting balcony doors it would be a fabulous facility.

This was the first time we had accommodation at the back of the ship. There was some vibration but it was not loud and it was not a problem. The great thing about the position was being able to sit and watch the wake anytime day or night and on one night between Tallin & St.Petersburg we we had a great view of the most fanatistic lightening show.

Marie
grannyM
Admiral
Admiral

National Flag:
Scotland

Re: HAL Eurodam Deluxe Balcony Suite Deck 6 Aft C.SC 6164

Postby JollyJill » 06 Mar 2013 18:28

It looks very luxurious Marie. The balcony looks enormous. The only thing that I don't like about Hal ships (having done a couple of day visits) is the dark decor.

33 cruises on 24 ships.

APT River cruise Amsterdam- Budapest November 2017

JollyJill
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby Dave » 06 Mar 2013 20:14

I think that's my favourite cabin so far Marie. And I love the balcony! :D
Dave
Booked cruise: TUI Discovery 2 - Cuban Fusion, Christmas 2017
Booked walking holidays: Auvergne, Cotswolds, Kintyre & Islay
Dave
Mutineer
Mutineer

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby Skier Pete » 07 Mar 2013 02:54

Very similar to an RCI Grand Suite except yours has a fabulous balcony
Skiing comes 1st; Cruising a close 2nd

Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image
Skier Pete
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

National Flag:
England

Postby pisces55 » 07 Mar 2013 15:05

Looks absolutely lovely what a balcony
Diane

pisces55
Commodore
Commodore

National Flag:
Scotland

Postby sevenseascoaster » 07 Mar 2013 16:21

Great review Marie, I also love Holland America, and find the the Eurodam is not so dark as the earlier ships. If we sail again with HA I should just love to try out that great balcony.
Wen

Tried 19 different Ships and many many cruises, and hopefully more to come!
I haven't been everywhere, but its on my list!
sevenseascoaster
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

National Flag:
England

Postby Wansbrough » 18 Aug 2013 20:30

That bed looks amazing..... you must have got lost on that!!!
Wansbrough
Bar Steward
Bar Steward

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby tomvet » 18 Aug 2013 21:14

Wansbrough wrote:That bed looks amazing..... you must have got lost on that!!!

:oops: :oops: I read the post as 'The bed looks amazing .............. you must have got lots on that!!!!!! :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

November 2017 - Phoenix Reisen M/S Aurelia - Cologne - Bonn - Cochem - Koblenz - Rudesheim - Frankfurt - Mainz - Cologne
April 2018 - Phoenix Reisen M/S Asara - Cologne - Amsterdam - Ijsselmeer - Hoorn - Rotterdam - Gorinchem - Arnheim - Cologne
October 18 - MSC Opera - Marseille - Mahon - Cagliari - Valetta - Messina - Naples - Genoa
tomvet
Admiral
Admiral

National Flag:
Ireland

Postby grannyM » 19 Aug 2013 10:56

tomvet wrote:

:oops: :oops: I read the post as 'The bed looks amazing .............. you must have got lots on that!!!!!! :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

:lol: :lol:

You are a very very naughty boy Tomvet. :roll:
Marie
grannyM
Admiral
Admiral

National Flag:
Scotland

Postby grannyM » 19 Aug 2013 11:09

It was amazing and very comfortable. However the balcony was the place you could have played 'hide-and-seek' in. I wrote in another topic recently that I didn't have a photo of 'round the corner' but I forgot about this. It was my feeble attempt, with not much success, to use the panoramic feature on my new (at the time) camera.

Marie
grannyM
Admiral
Admiral

National Flag:
Scotland