Cruising Mates Forum: Cruise reviews, chat, answers and information. cruisingmates.co.uk • View topic - Mail

Mail

Mail

Postby Borneo » 18 Dec 2017 16:35

We've not had anything for months, probably August!!!
Borneo
Captain
Captain

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Mail

Postby Gillzajoker » 19 Dec 2017 11:19

As Catherine Tate's Lauren would say, 'Are you bovvered'? :D
Gillzajoker
Admiral
Admiral

National Flag:
Spain

Re: Mail

Postby khkate » 18 Jan 2018 12:09

Wondered if anybody has had Saga brochures through their letter box yet, especially since the New Year? We still hadn't received any and I contacted Saga. It seems that once again, we had dropped off their mailing list database - but have apparently now been reinstated . I am told some brochures have been put in the post for me - just waiting now to see if I get them! And still waiting for my shore excursion booklet for our next cruise too - and for them to come up online - as they do show on the main website - Saga can be so annoying at times!

And as an update - the postment staggered up the stairs with a whole pile of Saga brochures for us today - none of which we had received so far!
Future Cruises - Baltics, Canaries Canada, Med, Scandinavia
khkate
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby khkate » 13 Feb 2018 14:56

Having missed out on the latest mailing of the Britannia Club newsletter, I have been in contact with Saga and received the following response
, I have been advised by the marketing department that anyone with 2 or more bookings already made are excluded from main brochure mailings, and so this is why you have not received any brochures recently. This exclusion has also meant that Britannia Club newsletters have not gone out, however, I have made arrangements now with the marketing department that Britannia Club newsletters should go out to all members regardless, and have been assured that this will be the case going forward.

How exceedingly daft/stupid! So, now you know why you are not getting any Saga mailings! :shock: :shock:
khkate
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Mail

Postby sparkiethecruiser » 14 Feb 2018 00:10

so does that mean if you only have two bookings they don't want you to make a third or fourth booking so they don't send you out stuff thats a bit daft :lol: think on this occasion they have the right name what a Saga :lol: :oops: sorry that was such a bad joke
sparkiethecruiser
Captain
Captain

Mail

Postby khkate » 14 Feb 2018 10:31

sparkiethecruiser wrote:so does that mean if you only have two bookings they don't want you to make a third or fourth booking so they don't send you out stuff thats a bit daft :lol: think on this occasion they have the right name what a Saga :lol: :oops: sorry that was such a bad joke

For once, I agree with you sparkie! It s also the fact we weren't getting our Britannia Club newsletters either. Customer Relations are now on the case, but I feel an email to the head honcho of Saga - Robin Shaw - approaching as this is not the first seemingly controversial recent decision of Saga, that seems to be doing all it can to drive away their loyal customers.
khkate
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Carwalsick » 14 Feb 2018 11:27

I agree that Saga's admin, marketing and IT are a mess. I recently received a letter about our September Nova Scotia cruise changing one port of call from Havre St Pierre to Saguenay allowing two full days in Quebec. I was delighted because it will allow us to spend more time with relatives in Canada so I looked at the itinerary on the web calendar to get revised arrival times but, although the map was changed, details were still showing the original timetable. I phoned the Customer Operations number on the letter for clarification and the guy I spoke to said that number was nothing to do with ocean cruises. I have eventually managed, after a few calls and using Chat, to get an answer although I can now recite the telephone hold messages from memory. The website is still wrong.
I guess that as well as an email to Shaw you might be tempted to post on Saga's Facebook.
June 2018 Saga Sapphire Adventure to The North Cape
September 2018 Saga Sapphire Nova Scotia and St Lawrence in the Fall
November 2019 Spirit of Discovery Spanish Islands of The Atlantic
Carwalsick
Captain
Captain

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby khkate » 14 Feb 2018 17:44

Carwalsick wrote:I guess that as well as an email to Shaw you might be tempted to post on Saga's Facebook.

I would have done - but been foiled on that score - they seem to have removed the facility for visitor posts on their FB page at the moment!
khkate
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Peka » 14 Feb 2018 19:47

Crazy!
Always the way though... you opt out and still get mailings everyday, want thigs and they never arrive. Stupid decision not to send out anything to people with bookings though. Couldn't they ask you when booking do you still want to recieve offers or nothing until your cruise is over :lol: we don't want to book more...?!
Peka
Peka
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

National Flag:
Iceland

Postby jacktar » 15 Feb 2018 10:18

After years of all Saga mail being addressed to myself it has suddenly become addressed to my Wife. I am loathe to ask Saga to change it as we would probablty land up with two of everthing.
jacktar
Ensign
Ensign

PreviousNext

Return to Saga