Cruising Mates Forum: Cruise reviews, chat, answers and information. cruisingmates.co.uk • View topic - Reshuffles in management

Reshuffles in management

Reshuffles in management

Postby khkate » 21 Feb 2018 18:39

New chairman makes interesting reading - it indicates that Saga is maybe struggling a bit financially at present.

I know a lot of middle management were made redundant in December/January and they have also sold off some of their office space. Of course, there's also been the "business decision" to make 2018 cruises on Saga Sapphire all-inclusive and they frequently have special offers on at present.
Future Cruises - Baltics, Canaries Canada, Med, Scandinavia
khkate
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Re: Reshuffles in management

Postby Carwalsick » 11 Mar 2018 09:46

About time they changed their IT management. It's been an embarrassment for ages and now "Manage my Booking" has been unable to accept payments for some days. My Saga is still showing my wife's name with my date of birth in spite of at least two undertakings to rectify.
September 2018 Saga Sapphire Nova Scotia and St Lawrence in the Fall
November 2019 Spirit of Discovery Spanish Islands of The Atlantic
April 2020 Saga Sapphire Coast to Coast
Carwalsick
Captain
Captain

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby khkate » 11 Mar 2018 11:20

Carwalsick wrote: My Saga is still showing my wife's name with my date of birth in spite of at least two undertakings to rectify.

One does wonder if they are trying to phase out the separate "Manage My booking" and 'encourage' everyone to go via the "my Saga" option. I suppose the advantage with that is you can view all your bookings together without having to constantly log and in and out and remember your booking numbers. Mind you, not all my bookings show via that route anyway - again, despite numerous contacts and communications with Saga's IT department.
khkate
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Carwalsick » 11 Mar 2018 13:57

My Saga merely directs you to Manage my Booking so neither route works. As I said My Saga appears in my wife's name and not all future bookings show. I've tried to suggest that this indicates that she is paying. The bruises are gradually going down.
Cynically I'm wondering whether it's because I'm selecting to pay on a credit card and they can no longer charge a commission.

Sent from my SM-T280 using Tapatalk
Carwalsick
Captain
Captain

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby khkate » 12 Mar 2018 19:55

Logged in today via the "My Saga" route and it told me I had no bookings! This is despite the fact I have bookinga right through to next Year!! They were available of course through the "Manage My Bookings" route.

You mentioned that not all your bookings show on My Saga - for those where the insurance is not in force (i.e. its more than 18 months away), they don't show up anyway.
khkate
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Carwalsick » 12 Mar 2018 20:28

I've been in touch via Facebook. Apparently then referred to Customer Relations but nothing heard and still not working when I last looked a couple of hours ago. I once ran an IT dept and would not have expected to survive such a shambles. I am reluctant to resort to a phone payment when my card was misused after a previous experience. Absolutely no proof but my bank's fraud dept were very interested.

Carwalsick
Captain
Captain

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Reshuffles in management

Postby Saga » 13 Mar 2018 08:05

Hi there, sorry to hear you have experienced some problems with My Saga. I see that you have been in touch with our Customer Relations Department, could you email customer.relations@saga.co.uk your details please so that I can arrange for someone to contact you this morning to resolve this for you?
Many thanks
Lorraine
Saga

Postby khkate » 15 Mar 2018 15:12

The "My Saga" part of the website is an absolute farce and STILL tells me I have no bookings. And whilst online via "Manage My Bookings", I had a real scare as I discovered our next cruise (in May) had no car service booked! As the My Saga doesn't work, I then had to go go through all my other bookings to check the car transfer was there - thankfully it was! In fact, just looking through my paperwork - I have never had any documentation through the post from Saga for the May cruise - only what I have printed off for myself, so no wonder, I never picked this ip, Blooming nightmare!
khkate
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Carwalsick » 15 Mar 2018 15:30

After a number of phonecalls with Customer Services it transpires that, whilst the payment page offers American Express, it is not set up to accept it. My My Saga bookings disappeared but have now reappeared with a 2019 exception but my wife, with my dob, still appears as lead booker. Having opted for email communication, I do get notification when new documentation is available on My Booking. As an American IT colleague once said the website is "About as user friendly as a cornered rat ".

Carwalsick
Captain
Captain

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Reshuffles in management

Postby Borneo » 15 Mar 2018 17:20

I too am having problems with the My bookings. My November 2018 holiday is not showing, but my 2019 cruise does show. I was told that my November holiday would not show as at the time it was 12 months ahead, and something about flight times not available, they are on my conformation!! Now only 8 months away and it's still not showing.
Useless.
Borneo
Captain
Captain

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Next

Return to Saga