Cruising Mates Forum: Cruise reviews, chat, answers and information. cruisingmates.co.uk • View topic - "Updating" Sapphire

"Updating" Sapphire

Re: "Updating" Sapphire

Postby rdw123 » 19 Feb 2018 08:05

khkate wrote:
rdw123 wrote:I’m on the next cruise on Friday. Hope the weather improves!

You will be just ahead of us and visiting some of the same ports - but we will be on the "other" ship, you know the "little sister"! At least it seems like the weather in the Med is far warmer than here. Enjoy!

Hope you enjoy your cruise as well. My first time on Sapphire, always been on Pearl or Spirit. Here’s to calm seas. :wave:
rdw123
Commander
Commander

Postby Carwalsick » 03 Mar 2018 14:57

Captains' rosters just changed. Bad news is that Julian Burgess not now on our June cruise but good news is that he is down for our month cruise to Canada in September. Hope all is well with him since he had to leave Sapphire "at short notice for family reasons". Richard Lambert took over command.
Carwalsick
Captain
Captain

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby rdw123 » 03 Mar 2018 16:19

Captain Lambert hopes to get his dress uniform back today in Barcelona! He stepped in at short notice whilst on leave and had left his uniform on Pearl for his return. Weather been mixed but quite nice here today. Sat on deck for a bit after my tour. A bit of snow left on the top at Montserrat. Palamos next.
rdw123
Commander
Commander

Postby khkate » 03 Mar 2018 16:26

Good to know that it warm enough to sit out on deck! You're definitely in a better place at present. Looking forward to our "escape"!
CRUISES BOOKED:
Spirit of Discovery - Dec 2020, Dec 2021
Spirit of Adventure - September 2020, March 2021, June 2021, October 2021
khkate
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Borneo » 04 Mar 2018 10:51

khkate wrote:Good to know that it warm enough to sit out on deck! You're definitely in a better place at present. Looking forward to our "escape"!

Yes Lesely. Two weeks time we shall be off to the Med on Pearl won't we. Will be nice to sit out. :wave:
Borneo
Commodore
Commodore

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby Carwalsick » 10 Apr 2018 12:49

Just seen that John Parton is back on Sapphire as CD after an absence. I hope this will be regular since the last two I've suffered have been well below par.

Sent from my SM-T280 using Tapatalk
Carwalsick
Captain
Captain

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Re:

Postby Borneo » 10 Apr 2018 16:21

Carwalsick wrote:Just seen that John Parton is back on Sapphire as CD after an absence. I hope this will be regular since the last two I've suffered have been well below par.

Could I ask who they were? As we've just had Simon Heath and I thought he was quite nice.
I think quality of entertainment is more important than the CD

Julia
Borneo
Commodore
Commodore

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby Carwalsick » 10 Apr 2018 18:38

Borneo wrote:
Carwalsick wrote:Just seen that John Parton is back on Sapphire as CD after an absence. I hope this will be regular since the last two I've suffered have been well below par.

Could I ask who they were? As we've just had Simon Heath and I thought he was quite nice.
I think quality of entertainment is more important than the CD

Julia
Sorry but I don't remember the names. We had two on the Christmas cruise, swapped over part way. The young man was not a Simon and the young lady had on a previous cruise been a junior member of the ents staff.

Carwalsick
Captain
Captain

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby Carwalsick » 01 May 2018 12:18

Let's hope Saga get Sapphire's engine problems sorted out before we do a couple of weeks next month and then cross the Atlantic in September. The latest problem with the main starboard engine has necessitated a turnround back to Lisbon limping along at 8 knots. Fingers crossed.
Carwalsick
Captain
Captain

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby Carwalsick » 18 Jun 2018 09:01

So it's now confirmed that Sapphire will be retired in June 2020. Sad but, I guess, inevitable.
Carwalsick
Captain
Captain

National Flag:
United Kingdom

PreviousNext