Cruising Mates Forum: Cruise reviews, chat, answers and information. cruisingmates.co.uk • View topic - Last time Saga

Last time Saga

Last time Saga

Postby Borneo » 16 Mar 2019 11:04

Cruisemad quote
We are taking a 14 night cruise to the Baltic on Discovery in a standard balcony for under £3000 each, whereas a balcony on Queen Victoria would start around £2300 before gratuities, drinks etc. plus the added bonus of half the

I can’t sea any offer of Baltic’s on Discovery that is under £3000 !!
We are on Discovery maiden and it’s £3,335 .our cruise on Spirit of Adventure Baltic’s is £3,914
One we have booked on Sapphire, northern lights . £2,419 :o

Borneo Julia
Borneo
Commodore
Commodore

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Re: Last time Saga

Postby cruisemad » 16 Mar 2019 16:31

We booked Splendour of the Baltic for £2976pp in a J grade cabin, I believe that is under £3000? June 2nd 2020.
That included £60 travel insurance.
The fact that you cannot see it now is irrelevant. I hope an apology is forthcoming.
cruisemad

National Flag:
England

Postby Dave » 16 Mar 2019 17:16

cruisemad wrote:We booked Splendour of the Baltic for £2976pp in a J grade cabin, I believe that is under £3000? June 2nd 2020.
The fact that you cannot see it now is irrelevant. I hope an apology is forthcoming.

Hi cruisemad. I'm not sure why you feel an apology is due. Surely Borneo simply stated that she couldn't see a particular offer - not that there never was one. But regardless, I hope we are able to discuss such things without finding offence... :)
Dave

Booked cruise 2019: December - Caribbean on Marella Explorer 2
Remaining land-based holidays 2019: July - Peak District, August - Harris and Highlands, October - Brecon Beacons
Dave
Mutineer
Mutineer

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Last time Saga

Postby cruisemad » 16 Mar 2019 17:39

Borneo wrote:Cruisemad quote

I can’t sea any offer of Baltic’s on Discovery that is under £3000 !!

Borneo Julia

Dave wrote:
cruisemad wrote:We booked Splendour of the Baltic for £2976pp in a J grade cabin, I believe that is under £3000? June 2nd 2020.

Hi cruisemad. I'm not sure why you feel an apology is due. Surely Borneo simply stated that she couldn't see a particular offer - not that there never was one. But regardless, I hope we are able to discuss such things without finding offence... :)

By adding 2 exclamation marks to her assertion that she couldn't see any cruise to the Baltics it certainly seemed that she was to put it kindly 'calling into question' my statement.
Unsurprisingly I found that hurtful and yes I did find offence, sorry if that causes a problem to you.
As a regular Saga cruiser she would know that the earlier you book the better the discounts, it wasn't an offer as such, just their standard pricing practice,
cruisemad

National Flag:
England

Last time Saga

Postby Borneo » 16 Mar 2019 19:00

Shame you feel offended when none was intended. I am aware of Saga pricing. Our cruises were booked with Sagas 35% off early booking, plus 5% Pre register which is why my surprise ( maybe I should have put a surprise emoji face )
The point I felt more important was the increase prices of the new ships compared by the Sapphire price .
Borneo
Commodore
Commodore

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Last time Saga

Postby sparkiethecruiser » 16 Mar 2019 22:39

Borneo wrote:Shame you feel offended when none was intended. I am aware of Saga pricing. Our cruises were booked with Sagas 35% off early booking, plus 5% Pre register which is why my surprise ( maybe I should have put a surprise emoji face )
The point I felt more important was the increase prices of the new ships compared by the Sapphire price .

I took it as you meaning you wanted that offer but couldn't find it :lol: not that you thought the offer didn't exist more that you missed out.

Oh well funny how we all read things differently. Im still too young for saga :o :o
sparkiethecruiser
Captain
Captain

Postby Carwalsick » 17 Mar 2019 21:35

Maybe cruisemad should calm down and stop looking for unintended innuendo.

Sent from my SM-T280 using Tapatalk
Carwalsick
Captain
Captain

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby cruisemad » 17 Mar 2019 22:09

And this is a site that touts itself as friendly?
Calm down? so patronising.
cruisemad

National Flag:
England

Postby Dave » 18 Mar 2019 14:52

cruisemad wrote:And this is a site that touts itself as friendly?
Calm down? so patronising.

I think I can honestly say the forum hasn't touted itself as anything for quite some time.

It's true that until a couple of years ago the forum header image included the words "...the friendly forum", but I always saw that as an aspiration rather than a description. After all, it would only take one person to register and make a few innocuous posts before becoming unfriendly and, in so doing, make the slogan untrue - a self-fulfilling contradiction as it were.

And, to be honest, when I redesigned the header to reflect our inclusion of other kinds of holiday and travel, I left out the word "friendly" because I have to admit that one or two of our members were anything but! Most are very nice though...
Dave

Booked cruise 2019: December - Caribbean on Marella Explorer 2
Remaining land-based holidays 2019: July - Peak District, August - Harris and Highlands, October - Brecon Beacons
Dave
Mutineer
Mutineer

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby Carwalsick » 18 Mar 2019 15:44

Well said Dave. Ever the diplomat!

Sent from my SM-T280 using Tapatalk
Carwalsick
Captain
Captain