Cruising Mates Forum: Cruise reviews, chat, answers and information. cruisingmates.co.uk • View topic - Neil Horrocks

Neil Horrocks

Neil Horrocks

Postby Neil » 04 Jun 2020 15:54

Hello all,

Just wanted to wish everyone travelling with Saga, or who were hoping to, all the best with everything. Certainly a crazy time for the cruise industry as a whole. My company, Noble Caledonia, like all cruise lines had the challenge of getting everyone home. I had to repatriate my passengers from Turkey - which was a country we weren't even supposed to be visiting! I've taken up writing a weekly blog for the Noble Caledonia website, and also compiling a fortnightly quiz. I thought I'd mention it here in case anyone fancies a read - as some of the stories go back to the 'Spirit of Adventure' days. Speaking of the 'Spirit' - I had a wonderful reunion with Captain Frank Allica in New Zealand at the end of January. He and Jenny were both on fabulous form. I've attached a photo of the two of us together, so hopefully you can access it. The link to the Noble Caledonia site is... https://www.noble-caledonia.co.uk/the-travel-post/ and then it is hopefully obvious where my section is! I hope you are all keeping safe and well and looking forward to future adventures. In the meantime, my very best wishes to everyone.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Neil
Midshipman
Midshipman

Re: Neil Horrocks

Postby Arizona » 04 Jun 2020 20:53

Hi Neil
How lovely to hear from you, especially with the photo of Captain Allica. It brings back such lovely memories of never to be forgotten times on the Spirit of Adventure, still our favourite ship. We tried out the new Saga ship last year but, although it’s beautiful, it really lacked the atmosphere you always managed to create on the old Spirit and certainly the fun impromptu activities. You were well remembered in many conversations over the dinner tables. At one point the old Spirt of Adventure, now the Berlin, came past us....still going strong apparently.
Thanks for the link to your blog etc. There can never be enough new lockdown reading!
Arizona
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Re: Neil Horrocks

Postby rdw123 » 05 Jun 2020 07:31

Neil. I had already found your blogs and quizzes on the N.C. website. Have enjoyed them. Got mixed results in the quizzes as some places I haven’t been. All good fun though. Thanks for doing them, I shall continue to read them. Happy memories from S.O.A..
rdw123
Commander
Commander

Neil Horrocks

Postby Neil » 11 Jun 2020 18:08

Thank you rdw and Arizona. Lovely to hear from you both too. This Friday's blog (published tomorrow) includes my new temporary career as I try and do my bit to help others. Hopefully we'll all be back at sea soon, doing what we do best. Keep smiling and thanks for getting in touch :-)
Neil
Midshipman
Midshipman

Previous

Return to Saga