Cruising Mates Forum: Cruise reviews, chat, answers and information. cruisingmates.co.uk • View topic - London to Marseille in 6 hours by train

London to Marseille in 6 hours by train

Re: London to Marseille in 6 hours by train

Postby JollyJill » 30 Jul 2014 21:45

tomvet wrote:
JollyJill wrote:Not if you won't let me come on a Disney cruise with you won't. :lol: :lol:

I could promise you a space on the Disney cruise, then get you to babysit while we head to Marseille and then renege on Disney!!! :twisted: :twisted:

My name is Jilly not Silly. :lol: :lol: :lol:

36 cruises on 26 ships.

JollyJill
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby Trace » 30 Jul 2014 21:52

:lol: :lol:
Tracey :-)
Trace
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Re: London to Marseille in 6 hours by train

Postby tomvet » 30 Jul 2014 21:53

JollyJill wrote:
tomvet wrote:
JollyJill wrote:Not if you won't let me come on a Disney cruise with you won't. :lol: :lol:

I could promise you a space on the Disney cruise, then get you to babysit while we head to Marseille and then renege on Disney!!! :twisted: :twisted:

My name is Jilly not Silly. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Next you will be looking for contracts to be signed. :roll:
April 2018 - Phoenix Reisen M/S Asara - Cologne - Amsterdam - Ijsselmeer - Hoorn - Rotterdam - Gorinchem - Arnheim - Cologne
October 18 - MSC Opera - Marseille - Mahon - Cagliari - Valetta - Messina - Naples - Genoa
tomvet
Admiral
Admiral

National Flag:
Ireland

Postby avidcruiser » 30 Jul 2014 22:15

JollyJill wrote:I read with interest in the paper today that Eurostar will be running a service from London to Marseille next year, calling at Lyon and Avignon en route.

I have spent several holidays in Provence in the past with a friend who has a holiday home there. In fact, she is there now having caught the one and only train a week that goes direct from London to Avignon. The other option is to change at Lille, which of course extends the journey time.

We have flown from Luton to Nimes but it actually takes longer by the time you have travelled to the airport, arriving there 2 hours before the flight and hoping there are no delays.. Then the journey from Nimes is longer to Apt, where she goes.

6 hours from London to the South of France can't be bad and the cost they say is from £119 return. There will be more than one train a week but at the moment they are not saying how many- probably 2. :roll:

Clocked it already. ;) Now only have to convince OH. :roll:

Loved Marseilles when we visited there on a cruise and there are so may other lovely places to visit from there, plus, we love France and I can speak the language well enough to get by and have a conversation; many years ago when the children were small we had a gite holiday and were invited to an evening 'en famille' where none of them spoke a word of Englilsh. It was a gruelling few hours but I did survive, exhausted but happy. :)
All my posts and photos are COPYRIGHTED!!

"I have a little shadow that goes in and out with me!"
KEEP CALM AND CRUISE ON

avidcruiser
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

National Flag:
Wales

Previous