Cruising Mates Forum: Cruise reviews, chat, answers and information. cruisingmates.co.uk • View topic - Azamara Journey Stateroom 7006

Azamara Journey Stateroom 7006

Postby JollyJill » 11 Nov 2015 21:38

Our cabin/stateroom 7006 was an ocean view grade and was situated on deck 7 forward.

The cabin was very comfortable with plenty of room- 170sq ft. which is bigger than we are used on other lines.

There was a sofa & coffee table situated in front of the window, opposite the dressing table which housed a cupboard on one side and 4 drawers on the other. There was a plug in hairdryer in the dressing table cupboard and also a wall hairdryer in the shower room.

The fresh fruit on the table was replaced daily and bottled water was supplied free of charge on a daily basis too.

The bed was ok but to be honest, not as comfortable as most we have had on cruise ships.

Apart from the usual safe and fridge, there was a double wardrobe with full length hanging space and a single one with half length hanging space with 4 drawers underneath. Large fluffy bathrobes were supplied for use, as was a large umbrella (which fortunately we didn't need) and the use of binoculars which was an extra we haven't experienced before.

Now for the shower room, which was probably the smallest one we have ever had.

There was a plentiful supply of Olivier Decoster shower gel, shampoo, conditioner & body lotion and the usual shower cap & cotton wool balls.
The towels were white and fluffy but not very big.

Our cabin was very conveniently situated being 2 decks above the MDR and public lounges. It was also situated 2 decks below Windows Cafe (the buffet restaurant) and the pool deck. This meant that we only used the lifts when we were feeling lazy or when we went up to deck 10 to the Looking Glass (observation lounge and card room).

All in all, we were happy with our cabin/stateroom, although I suspect that bigger people than ourselves would have struggled with such small shower cubicles.

36 cruises on 26 ships.

JollyJill
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Re: Azamara Journey Stateroom 7006

Postby Tiggy » 11 Nov 2015 22:13

Thanks Jill. I see they are using different toiletries, were they okay?
And thanks for reminding me about the hairdryer, all I could remember was the awful wall one in the bathroom.
We are further along the corridor from you, nearer the back. We like deck 7 because, as you say, you are not far from all the action - food and drink, that is.... :D
Tiggy
Tiggy
Chief Purrser
Chief Purrser

National Flag:
Scotland

Postby JollyJill » 11 Nov 2015 22:18

Tiggy wrote:Thanks Jill. I see they are using different toiletries, were they okay?
And thanks for reminding me about the hairdryer, all I could remember was the awful wall one in the bathroom.
We are further along the corridor from you, nearer the back. We like deck 7 because, as you say, you are not far from all the action - food and drink, that is.... :D

Yes Tig, they were fine. The perfume was 'About Rose'.

When are you off?

36 cruises on 26 ships.

JollyJill
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby Tiggy » 11 Nov 2015 22:27

JollyJill wrote:
Tiggy wrote:Thanks Jill. I see they are using different toiletries, were they okay?

Yes Tig, they were fine. The perfume was 'About Rose'.

When are you off?

Two weeks today, we sail from Barcelona - did you remember to leave it tidy? :D
No matter as it is going in for what sounds like a major refurbishment. We sail on her again in February, from Los Angeles to Miami, so we will see the changes pretty quickly.
Tiggy
Tiggy
Chief Purrser
Chief Purrser

National Flag:
Scotland

Postby tomvet » 11 Nov 2015 22:28

Thanks for the review and pics Jill!

Mmmm! Jury is out about the cabin!

The shower is tiny! :shock: .... but the whole décor looks rather dull and furnishing are basic.

The one plus is the very large low down porthole!

I would have thought with the reputation Azamara has for being a high end cruise line, its prices etc that the cabins would have more of a WOW! factor.

I am not getting that!
October 19 - A-ROSA Luna - Lyon- Viviers - Arles - Avignon - Vienne - Lyon
tomvet
Admiral
Admiral

National Flag:
Ireland

Postby JollyJill » 11 Nov 2015 22:48

tomvet wrote:Thanks for the review and pics Jill!

The shower is tiny! :shock: .... but the whole décor looks rather dull and furnishing are basic.

I would have thought with the reputation Azamara has for being a high end cruise line, its prices etc that the cabins would have more of a WOW! factor.

I am not getting that!

Actually Tom, the whole ambience of the ship was more 'Country Casual' which we liked. There was no wow factor as such but more a feeling of classy decor. Nothing like the Italian product on MSC or Costa and not much like any of the RCI ships we have sailed on either.
The full review will be posted either tomorrow or Friday. ;)

36 cruises on 26 ships.

JollyJill
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby tomvet » 11 Nov 2015 22:50

JollyJill wrote:

I am not getting that!

Actually Tom, the whole ambience of the ship was more 'Country Casual' which we liked. There was no wow factor as such but more a feeling of classy decor. Nothing like the Italian product on MSC or Costa and not much like any of the RCI ships we have sailed on either.
The full review will be posted either tomorrow or Friday. ;)

I shall hold judgement until then!
tomvet
Admiral
Admiral

National Flag:
Ireland

Postby JollyJill » 11 Nov 2015 23:23

Suffice to say that if you like the glitzy, often mind boggling decor of Costa & MSC, you probably won't like Azamara. ;)
The decor is much more tasteful and sedate.

36 cruises on 26 ships.

JollyJill
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby tomvet » 12 Nov 2015 00:34

JollyJill wrote:

Suffice to say that if you like the glitzy, often mind boggling decor of Costa & MSC, you probably won't like Azamara. ;)
The decor is much more tasteful and sedate.

I have versatile tastes Jill! :roll:

For what it is worth I don't think Costa and MSC's décor remotely resemble each other. In fact I think MSC's is quite sedate then again anything is sedate beside Costa and I am not a huge fan of Costa's décor.
tomvet
Admiral
Admiral

National Flag:
Ireland

Postby Wansbrough » 12 Nov 2015 05:59

I am not getting that!

I'm with you on this, I thinks its a very drab looking cabin. Very dark and gloomy with uninspiring colours. Not that I should draw comparisons but it looks like a bog standard hotel room.
It might be sedate but tasteful?? Thats down to personal taste.
Thanks for sharing Jill. :thumbup:
Wansbrough
Bar Steward
Bar Steward

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Next